“Cool Hotel”

Ranked #106 of 189 Hotels in Chicago
Davenport, Florida
“Cool Hotel”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

We were lucky enough to get upgraded to a suite on the 35th floor due to our room not being ready after waiting patiently for over 30 minutes, didn't even complain about the wait as there was so much going on in the lobby (ping pong table in the lobby) Our room had fantastic views of the city and had a pool table and arcade game console in it. The hotel had a real concert like feel to it with two bars which played music so you could hear it from most places in the lobby. The position of the Hotel couldn't have been better for our first visit to this great City. Nearly every attraction is a walk away and the train to both City airports is a few blocks away. The theatre district is on the doorstep as is the Millennium Park and the Chicago river and all river and hop off hop on bus tours.

Room Tip: Try and get in the tower has fantastic views from 25th floor up
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Madison R
HardRockMGR, Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Chicago, responded to this review, 20 August 2014

*All Is One*

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (437)
  • Polish first
Olney, Illinois
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We loved our stay here. Walking distance to everything we wanted to do, except Wrigley Field. Ping-Pong in the lobby, do I need to say more. The bed and room decor were wonderful and the room was super quite. We also had a great view from the 22nd floor (the Lenny Kravitz floor ). They also held our bags for us after we checked out so we could site see prior to our train leaving that night. Thanks for a great stay!

Room Tip: Get a higher floor for a great view
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

You're so very welcome :) We LOVE to hear such rave reviews! Please come back and visit us again soon. The ping pong table is calling!

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 July 2014

The rooms are a good size and the staff were friendly but the room had a bad odour to it which I couldn't get rid of as I couldn't open the windows. The TV was very temperamental and the IPod/IPhone dock didn't work. The internet continuously cut out so it was impossible to do any work. When I had to extend my stay I made a reservation with a different hotel and I'm glad for the change. There was also no sound proofing at all on the windows so I could hear people having conversations on the street below from the 8th floor..

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your recent stay. We're so happy to see that our staff provided friendly service but are so very sorry that you were somewhat underwhelmed. We certainly expect our guests to experience a much more impressive experience. If you give us a chance to earn back your trust, I can assure you that we will do our best to give you the great hotel experience that so many of our guests have grown so fond of.

Easy walk to and from Blue Line that takes you to O'hare
Walk out your door and you are on Michigan Avenue in the heart of it all
Comfy beds with crisp white linens
Aromatherapy Bath Products
Excellent Staff

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the great review! I have shared your compliments with our entire Hard Rock team.

We hope to see you again the next time you visit the Windy City!

Reviewed 28 July 2014

The lighting in the room and bathroom was horrible. The bathroom floor squeeked and had loose tiles. The water pressure was very low and the hot water didn't stay hot when others in the hotel were obvioulsy using the hot water. The toliet was stopped up. I made a face to face request to the front desk staff at 1pm, left for several hours and upon my return at 7:30 it was still stopped up. Loud music was also reported to the front desk that continued on after our return

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

I'm so very sorry to see that we didn't provide a more superb experience during your special occasion visit. While I wish you had a better experience, it is feedback like this that we learn from and use to improve. We work hard to deliver an exceptional guest experience, and it's apparent in this case that we fell short. If you give us a chance to earn back your trust, I can assure you that we will do our best to give you the great hotel experience that so many of our guests have grown so fond of.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Great location for good food and shopping.... On a business trip but did get a chance to walk around shop. Location is great and staff is very good. We all hear horrible stories but i must say this was a great choice. Thanks, for ROCKING out my stay to Antoine, Ann, Matt and Kevin.....

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the amazing review! I have shared your compliments of Antoine, Anna, Matt and Kevin with our Hard Rock team. They certainly are rockstars!

We're happy to see that you were able to sneak away from work a little and enjoy this beautiful city. We hope to see you again the next time you're in Chicago!

Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

My brother and I stayed at the Hard Rock for a weekend getaway in Chicago. The hotel was in a great location on Michigan Ave; we were able to walk to everything! It's also in a historic building which was neat. There were a few things that went wrong during our stay... when I first checked in, they put me in a room that reeked of marijuana and Febreeze. The Febreeze was so strong I got a headache after about 2 minutes so they sent an engineer to come crack the window (gee, thanks). The engineer said, "Smells like someone was smoking pot in here!" as soon as he came in. The manager came up and didn't smell anything but still offered to change my room to a lower floor. Watch out though as this place will nickel and dime you to death... I was charged $3 for 2 local calls (would've used my cell phone had I known) and they refused to remove the charges when I checked out. Overall, it was a good stay but nothing great. I'll probably stay somewhere else next time I'm in Chicago.

Stayed July 2014
HardRockMGR, Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Chicago, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
First and foremost, thank you very much for choosing Hard Rock Hotel Chicago for a weekend getaway with your brother. While we're happy to hear that you enjoyed our Michigan Avenue location and historic home in the Carbide and Carbon building, we only wish we had left you a little more impressed. We sincerely apologize for the unpleasant and unacceptable odor you initially experienced in your first room but are happy to hear that our front desk manager was able to accommodate your request for an alternate room. We hope you will consider staying with us again so we can show you what we're really all about and earn back your brand confidence. Thanks again for your review!