Kinzie Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Room Service
2,666 results
All reviewsamalfi hotelcontinental breakfastyogurtpublic housekinzie streetcocktail hourevening receptioncocktail receptionfree happy hourevery morningboutique hoteldonutsthe riverhard boiled eggselevator lobbyhouse of blueswithin walking distance
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 December 2013 via mobile

This is the one of the best hotels I have stayed in. My husband and I stayed here last year for our anniversary and we just had to stay here again this year! The hotel is under renovation so the lobby is on the 4th floor. The staff is very friendly and helpful. I would recommend paying a little more for a corner room because that way you're away and secluded from everyone else. The only issue we had was our toilet was not working properly and the staff was notified, but it was not fixed. No big deal. The location could not be better. It is so close to everything! Short walk to Michigan Ave and the shops on State street. This hotel always exceeds my expectations. Looking forward to the new look for when we come back next year!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
AmalfiHotelChicago, Front Office Manager at Kinzie Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2013

What a flattering review! We’re thrilled to hear you and your husband enjoyed your recent stay with us. While I’m pleased to receive such kind feedback about our team, I’m sorry to hear your maintenance issue was not resolved during your stay. I’ll be following up with you for more feedback regarding this situation. I will use your feedback to review and retrain our associates in order to meet and exceed the level of hospitality that you deserve. I’m happy to hear you enjoyed our location in the downtown River North district and were able to walk to all the nearby sites, like Michigan Avenue and State Street. As you mentioned, our lobby is under renovation and we expect our new lobby and guest rooms to be ready in just a couple weeks. Please visit kinziehotel.com for more details! We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your kind recommendation. We look forward to welcoming you and your husband back in 2014 as the brand new Kinzie Hotel!

Reviewed 16 December 2013

Stayed here the past weekend on 12/14. We were on the 6th floor. Tip: if you have not been to Chicago, the higher the better. This way you stay above the street noise. Hotel has everything you need. Unique breakfast set up, they have it on each floor by elevator for east access. Adequate selection. Yogurt, juices, cereal, muffins, fruit, and coffee Happy hour (on the 6th floor)from 5-8 p.m. and is a nice bonus offering two drinks per person. Beer, wine, and mixed drink available along with hot and cold apps.It was well attended and social. Beds are very comfortable and rooms are decent size and well equipped. Easy walk to Michigan Avenue and many, many restaurants. Paid $180.00 with tax. Wouldn't pay more but a good deal for this class of hotel. Other similar choices if you can't get in here are Sofitel, Monaco, and The Conrad.

Room Tip: Go with top floor which is the 6th.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
AmalfiHotelChicago, Front Office Manager at Kinzie Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2013

Many thanks for the thoughtful review. We’re so pleased to hear your recent stay with us was an enjoyable one. I’m happy you found our central downtown location to your liking and were able to take advantage of all the surrounding restaurants and our close proximity to Michigan Avenue. I’m also pleased to hear you enjoyed our complimentary deluxe continental breakfast and appreciated the convenience of it being served on each floor. I’m further delighted to know you were able to indulge in our evening cocktail reception and enjoyed the wide variety of complimentary appetizers. Your kind recommendation is much appreciated. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 13 December 2013

A very reasonably priced hotel in the heart of Chicago was a big surprise. Excellent staff, Interesting décor and nice amenities. The location is excellent, close to business and shopping, very close to the Water Tower Place. A great value. I will stay there again.

Room Tip: Don't stay on the lower floors.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for the kind review. We’re delighted to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us. I’m happy you found our location in the downtown River North district convenient to your business and leisure needs! I’m further pleased to receive such wonderful feedback about our team and will be sure to pass your thoughtful comments along. Your warm recommendation is truly appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you back upon your next visit to the city.

Reviewed 8 December 2013

We treated ourselves to an outing in Chicago and were extremely pleased with the accommodations and service at the Amalfi. The first night, our room was on an alley and we were awakened around 4 a.m. with the trash trucks doing their thing. When I asked the woman at the front desk if that occurred every night, she immediately said we will move you to another room and when we came back to the hotel, we were greeted by name by our concierge and told of our new room number. The concierge was also very helpful in suggesting eating establishments. My wife and I like different ethnic foods, and the concierge would say, "Let me think on that and I will call your room in just a few." Then he would call, say reservations had been made, and when we came down into the lobby, he gave us a card good for free drinks or desserts. And his suggestions were spot on. Don't forget about the manager's reception every evening with top shelf liquors and excellent hoes-deourves. All in all, I would say the Amalfi, while a little pricy, is well worth the pampering.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bob M
AmalfiHotelChicago, Front Office Manager at Kinzie Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

Many thanks for the 5-star review! We’re thrilled to receive such positive guest feedback—especially about our team! We pride ourselves on delivering the highest level of service and it’s a pleasure to hear how helpful our team was with dining recommendations and more! I’m further pleased to hear you were able to enjoy our evening cocktail reception and appreciated the wide selection of complimentary hors d’oeuvres. We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your warm recommendation. We look forward to welcoming you and your wife back for another Chicago getaway soon!

Reviewed 5 December 2013

We stayed at the Amalfi Hotel over Thanksgiving break. It was a very short walk to the holiday parade which was convenient. It was also close to most of the good shopping, being only a 15 minute walk from Michigan Ave and the Water Tower Place. The rooms were a bit small but had great furniture. Our view was excellent, be sure to ask for a city view upon check in. The best part of our stay was the daily free happy hour from 5-8 consisting of an open bar and appetizers. Talk about fun! The hotel staff were very generous about giving out drink tickets. We had a blast at this hotel, I would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Corner suites have some of the best views
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for the thoughtful review! We’re so happy to hear you had an enjoyable Thanksgiving getaway with us. I’m pleased to hear you found our central downtown location to your liking—especially our close proximity to all the shopping along Michigan Avenue. I’m happy our room furnishings were to your liking and that you appreciated the views as well. And I’m further pleased to hear you were able to indulge in our complimentary evening cocktail reception as well! Your kind recommendation is much appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!