“Very Clean & Efficient. Excellent Location.”
Review of Kinzie Hotel

Kinzie Hotel
Ranked #20 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

Excellent location. It is within short walking distance of everything. There are plenty of 5 star restaurants, bar & grills, pubs etc. right on the corner. Just a couple blocks from Michigan Ave. and the "Magnificent Mile" shopping. If you are looking for a hotel that is in a great spot, this is definitely the place. A couple servers asked where we were staying when we dined out. When we told them The Kinzie they both said "very nice place" and "very convenient and close to everything".

The rooms are very comfortable. Our room on the 5th floor was recently remodeled. Very comfortable bed. Everything was new and ultra clean. The pictures of the rooms on their website are accurate. The complimentary breakfast is located on each floor and was adequate. There is no seating for breakfast so you have to take back to your room. Not that big of a deal.

The only surprise was the $56.00 overnight parking fee. Having said that, because of how convenient this location is, it is not too bad because it cost $4.00 an hour to park on the street at a meter...if you can even find a spot! We were able to check out of the room in the morning and go eat, shop and walk without moving the car. You can keep your vehicle in the parking facility until 6:00p of your checkout day. Also, you have in/out privileges at no additional charge should you need to drive somewhere further out.

Overall, our stay was excellent. No complaints. We will definitely repeat.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank jt10507
KinzieHotel, Front Office Manager at Kinzie Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

What a lovely review! We’re thrilled to hear you had such an enjoyable stay with us at the new Kinzie Hotel. I’m pleased to hear you found our location in the downtown River North district to your liking and were able to take advantage of all the nearby shopping and surrounding restaurants. I’m pleased to hear you found our complimentary deluxe continental breakfast to your liking. As you mentioned, our breakfast is served on each floor so you can take it to go or back to enjoy in the comfort of your own room. If you do need more room to spread out and enjoy breakfast, we also offer guests access to our Double Cross Lounge. I’m further pleased to hear you found our newly remodeled rooms to your liking—especially our comfortable, new Serta Perfect Sleeper Signature beds! Your glowing recommendation is truly appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Guest Experience Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,612)

Reviewed 8 March 2014

From the warm welcome, the comfy and stylish rooms and the free cocktail hour. The Kinzie lives up to its promises. Stayed here before when it was the Amalfi - liked it then too! I would recommend this hotel and am grateful for its warmth in a still very icy early spring.

Room Tip: I made a request for the kind of room I wanted and they actually did their best to accommodate it ev...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo

Many thanks for the 5-star recommendation! We’re so happy to hear you enjoyed your recent stay at the new Kinzie Hotel! I’m delighted to hear our front office team welcomed you so warmly and will be sure to pass your kind comments along! I’m also pleased to hear you found our newly renovated rooms comfortable and that you appreciated the new décor. And I’m happy you were able to indulge in our complimentary evening cocktail reception. Your kind recommendation is truly appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Reviewed 7 March 2014

The hotel is very well located in central Chicago, no far from the river. The room I had at the very end of the aisle on the second floor was quite big and the bed very comfortable. Cleanliness was beyond reproach; a constant noise, however, was to be heard in the room and it was disturbing when trynign to get asleep. The personel was apologetic about it, but did not solve the problem. Free "after hours" drinks were offered. The breakfast served on each floor is by far not up to the hotel standard, somewhat impractical also because you have to take your food and coffee to your room, or stay in the corridor.

Room Tip: Ask a quiet room.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Jean_Delteil

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. While I’m pleased to hear you found our newly renovated rooms comfortable, I’m sorry to hear about the noise disturbance you encountered. We take all noise complaints seriously and I apologize our team was not able to solve this issue during your stay. I will be following up with you directly for more information to ensure this issue is taken care of, if it hasn’t been already. As you mentioned, our complimentary deluxe breakfast is served on each floor so you can take it to go or back to enjoy in the comfort of your own room. If you need more room to spread out and enjoy breakfast, we do also offer guests access to our Double Cross Lounge. Thank you again for sharing your helpful comments. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back upon your next visit to Chicago.

Reviewed 6 March 2014

Maybe because they are doing some remodeling, the price was lower than surrounding hotels with similar ratings. The location was directly downtown within walking distance of millenium park and a number of great restaurants. Wi-fi was strong, the free breakfast was decent and in the evening there was a complimentary wine tasting. The fitness center looked like it had new equipment, but I did not actually use the center.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for sharing your kind review. We’re delighted to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us. I’m pleased to hear you found our central downtown location to your liking and were able to take advantage of all the nearby restaurants and sites—like Millennium Park. I’m further pleased to hear you enjoyed our complimentary deluxe continental breakfast and our evening cocktail reception. I’m also happy you found our newly upgraded, complimentary WiFi to your liking as well. Your thoughtful recommendation is truly appreciated. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 4 March 2014

I've stayed at this hotel several times for business trips, and as a former Chicagoan, I can say I feel right at home in my beloved city. The hotel has gone through a complete renovation and the rooms are large and inviting. The bed is really comfortable. Each floor has breakfast served in the morning, and the options are delicious. My favorite is the chocolate chip scone. There's also happy hour included with the room, and that's a nice way to cap off a hard day of work. I haven't used the fitness center, but peeked in, and it's clean with new equipment. The staff is available without being intrusive. WiFi is decent, no struggles with the signal for general surfing, however, I can't speak to streaming. This is a lovely hotel in a good location for dinner and sightseeing. Will be back as often as possible.

Room Tip: I've stayed on the 4th and 5th floor. Both were fine.
1  Thank VFan2z
KinzieHotel, Front Office Manager at Kinzie Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2014

What a lovely review! We’re thrilled to receive such positive guest feedback! I’m so pleased to hear you found our newly renovated rooms to your liking—especially our comfortable, new Serta Perfect Sleeper Signature beds! I’m also happy you enjoyed our complimentary deluxe continental breakfast—conveniently served on each guest floor—and appreciated the wide variety, especially the chocolate chip scones! I’m further pleased to hear you found our recently upgraded, complimentary WiFi to your liking as well. And I’m happy you enjoyed our location in the downtown River North district and found it convenient to all your dining and sightseeing needs! We truly appreciate your 5-star recommendation. We look forward to welcoming you back for another visit very soon!

Reviewed 3 March 2014

This is the second time we stayed in this hotel,the first time it was known as the Amalfi Hotel.
The staff is very friendly and helpful and the breakfast buffet and evening reception is a nice touch. This hotel is very convenient to downtown restaurants and shopping. Very nice and comfortable rooms.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for sharing your kind review. We’re delighted to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us at the newly renovated Kinzie Hotel. I’m happy you found our central downtown location to your liking and were able to take advantage of all the surrounding restaurants and shopping. I’m especially pleased to receive such kind comments about our team. We pride ourselves on delivering the highest level of service and it’s a pleasure to hear we came through on that promise. I’m also happy you enjoyed our complimentary deluxe continental breakfast, as well as our evening cocktail reception. Your thoughtful recommendation is truly appreciated. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 2 March 2014

I came into Chicago for a one night Business meeting and stayed at the Kinzie Hotel.
It was very modern with contemporary furniture. The Lobby was nice and they actually served their Buffet Breakfast right in front of the Elevator on each floor--VERY COOL!

1  Thank DouglasColon
KinzieHotel, Front Office Manager at Kinzie Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2014

Many thanks for the 5-star review! We’re delighted to hear you enjoyed your recent stay at the new Kinzie Hotel! I’m happy found our newly remodeled lobby to your liking and appreciated the modern décor. I’m further pleased to hear you enjoyed our complimentary deluxe continental breakfast and appreciated the convenience of it being served on each floor. We truly appreciate your enthusiastic recommendation. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back very soon!