“A high class hotel designed to provide relaxation for its guests.”
Review of Kinzie Hotel

Kinzie Hotel
Ranked #23 of 188 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersSilver level
Chatham, Illinois
“A high class hotel designed to provide relaxation for its guests.”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

I've been to the Kinzie hotel quite often these last few weeks for work related purposes in the Chicago area. I remember the first time I checked into my room, I was blown away by the quality of the room. It was the perfect place for me to unwind after a long day at work. The services they offered, such as a dining area on the sixth floor and an exercise room on the fifth, helped me settle in a home away from home. In addition, the location of the hotel is just a heartbeat away from many attractions in the Chicago area.

What was really helpful for me was the parking services. When I had to leave in the morning to go to work, I could call the front desk from my room and have my car brought up and ready to go just as I am getting out of the elevator, which really saves some time getting to the work site. The staff at the Kinzie are also very pleasant and perform their duties with a smile on their faces as they helped make my day a little bit easier. All in all, the Kinzie hotel is a highly efficient and very comforting hotel spot for any traveler checking in. If you're looking for a hotel that puts your needs first, the Kinzie is the place for you.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
KinzieHotel, Front Office Manager at Kinzie Hotel, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your kind review with the TripAdvisor community. We’re happy to hear you’ve enjoyed your recent stays with us. I’m pleased to hear you found our newly renovated rooms and décor to your liking. I’m also happy you were able to take advantage of our central location in downtown Chicago and all the surrounding attractions. It’s a pleasure to hear you were able to take advantage of all our complimentary amenities, including our 24-hour Fitness Center. As you mentioned, we do offer 24-hour valet parking for $56/night with unlimited in-and-out privileges and I’m delighted to hear how convenient that service was for you during your stay. Your glowing recommendation is truly appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Guest Experience Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (448)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Lake Orion, Michigan
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Great location Wonderful Breakfast and Happy Hour. The room and amenities were clean and first class. Front desk staff was courteous. Thanks to Katie Russell who handled a forgotten item for my wife with especial grace.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you kindly for the rave review! We’re delighted to hear you and your wife had an enjoyable stay with us at the new Kinzie Hotel. I’m pleased to receive such kind comments about our front office team and will be sure to pass those along! I’m further delighted to hear you enjoyed our complimentary amenities, like our deluxe continental breakfast and our evening cocktail reception. We truly appreciate your thoughtful recommendation. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 23 April 2014

I stayed at Kinzie Hotel and I must say that this is one of the finest hotels in Chicago. The rooms were very spacious and cozy. The staff (specifically Katie) catered to all of my needs and gave me great recommendations to have a great night on the town. Kinzie Hotel is a must if you are in town for business, family vacation or exploring the great city of Chicago.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Many thanks for the 5-star review! We’re so pleased to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us at the new Kinzie Hotel. I’m especially pleased to receive such great feedback about our team—Katie in particular. We pride ourselves on delivering the highest level of service and it’s a pleasure to hear we came through on that promise. I’m further delighted to hear you enjoyed our location in the downtown River North district and were able to take advantage of all the surrounding nightlife. Your warm recommendation is truly appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you back upon your next visit to Chicago!

Upper Saint Clair, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 23 April 2014

We've stayed at this location may times over the years when known as the Amalfi and have always enjoyed the wonderful service, amenities and perfect location. This was our first visit since the transition to the Kinzie brand and can happily report there is certainly no falloff in quality! Spotless, well decorated rooms; complementary evening reception with hors d'oeuvres and beverages; convenient breakfast on each floor; great wifi reception; and friendly, helpful staff make this a place we'll return to for all our Chicago visits.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for the kind feedback. We’re pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us at the newly renovated Kinzie Hotel. I’m happy you found our newly renovated rooms and décor to your liking. I’m further pleased you enjoyed all our signature complimentary amenities, like our deluxe continental breakfast, evening cocktail reception and newly upgraded WiFi. Your 5-star recommendation is truly appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you back upon your next Chicago getaway!

Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed 21 April 2014

We have stayed at this establishment several times, under the Amalfi banner and now the Kinzie name, and service, amenities, comfort and particularly staff are all exceptional regardless of the title. Our visits to Chicago have included stays at numerous Chicago hotels and none can quite compare to the way the Kinzie cares for their guests. We have decided this is the onlly place we will frequent going forward. The location in River North is perfect for restaurants, the Mag Mile and the theater district.
Breakfast availability on each floor is highly thoughtful and wonderfully convenient. The variety of choices is greatly appreciated along with the attention to cleanliness and re-stocking of items throughout the morning.
The complimentery hors d' oeuvres and cocktails every evening are an amazing perk and, while we are not overly indulgent drinkers ourselves, our friends are exceptionally impressed and we do take advantage of this thoughtful reception.
The new makeover is amazing! The rooms have always been good sized and comfortable but we love what the local designers have done with them! The beds are sooo comfortable we didn't want to leave, the bathrooms well designed with dual shower heads and the H2O products very nice. the clean, bright new look is fantastic. We were lucky enough to get our favorite corner room so had plenty of space to spread out in.
But the very best thing about the Kinzie is it's people! No one, and I mean no one, takes care of you like Kinzie people! We cannot understand why anyone would want to stay anywhere but here with a staff like the Kinzie has. Melissa, Meg, Jose, Julian, all of the Bellman...and everyone else greets you like family. You are remembered and welcomed every time you return. They will do everything they can...and they do...to make certain your stay is as perfect as possible. Everyone has a most wonderfully sincere attitude that you just do not find anywhere else. We had slipped away for the weekend to be married and these people created, without our asking, a time that we will never forget. But, believe me, you don't have to be celebrating anything special to be treated this way. Every time we've been there we have received the same treatment. Lest you think there are no flaws, of course there have been, but the truth is (and we have been in the hospitality business ourselves so we know this is not always the case) they have been rectified so quickly that they are not worth mentioning.
The bottom line is this; the Kinzie is a place we highly, highly recommend....not only on Trip Advisor but also to our friends and family. We sincerely hope you enjoy it as much as we do.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
What a thoughtful review! We’re flattered to receive such wonderful feedback—especially about our team. We pride ourselves on consistently delivering the highest level of service and it’s a pleasure to hear we came through on that promise. I’ll be sure to pass along your kind comments with the rest of our team. I’m happy to hear you found our newly renovated rooms to your liking—especially our comfortable new Serta Perfect Sleeper Signature beds and the in-room H20 Plus spa products. I’m further pleased to hear you enjoyed our complimentary deluxe continental breakfast and appreciated the wide variety of items to choose from. It’s a pleasure to hear you were able to indulge in our complimentary evening reception as well. As you mentioned, we’re located in the vibrant downtown River North district and I’m happy to hear you were able to visit all the nearby sites—like the Magnificent Mile and Theater District. Coming from such a loyal guest, your glowing recommendation is truly appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

This hotel used to be the Amalfi Hotel but recently completed an $85 million renovation and had a grand opening a few weeks prior according to the staff. It is a great boutique hotel close to shopping with free wifi and breakfast on each floor. There's also a complimentary reception each night (though it does have a limited beer menu). I recommend staying above the 2nd floor though to get away from the street noise at night from the bars nearby.

Stayed April 2014
KinzieHotel, Front Office Manager at Kinzie Hotel, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Thank you for sharing your kind review. We’re pleased to hear you had an enjoyable stay with us at the new Kinzie Hotel. I’m happy to hear you enjoyed our complimentary amenities like our recently upgraded WiFi and deluxe continental breakfast. While I’m pleased to hear you were able to enjoy our complimentary evening reception, I’m sorry that you found our beer selection lacking. We appreciate your feedback and will pass it along to our Food & Beverage manager. I’m sorry about the street noise you encountered as well. As you mentioned, we do offer a number of quieter rooms on higher floors. I encourage you to contact us directly prior to your next stay so we may make a note of that request on your reservation. Thank you again for your helpful feedback. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

North Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights on a weekend and everything about it was awesome. The corner room with all the windows and views was incredible, the decor was elegant, the bed was comfy, the breakfast was tasty, and the cocktail hour was great! Loved the map on the wall. It was the perfect hotel for me. I will gladly be coming back.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
What a lovely review! We’re delighted to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us at the new Kinzie Hotel! I’m pleased to hear you found our newly renovated rooms to your liking—including our new Serta Perfect Sleeper Signature beds and the 1857 street map mural on the wall. I’m also happy you enjoyed our complimentary amenities, like our deluxe continental breakfast and evening cocktail reception. Your 5-star recommendation is truly appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you back upon your next visit to Chicago!