“Excellent experience”

Kinzie Hotel
Ranked #19 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 11 May 2014

The Kinzie Hotel has been recently renovated and is absolutely beautiful. The king room was spacious, the bed was very comfortable, and the furnishings were very nice. The interior designer who did this hotel did an outstanding job. All of the hotel employees were very friendly, courteous, and helpful. The location is convenient and within walking distance of many restaurants and shopping on the Magnificent Mile. Breakfast was included and is conveniently served on each floor near the elevator. My wife and I would highly recommend the Kinzie.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
KinzieHotel, Front Office Manager at Kinzie Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Thank you kindly for the thoughtful review. We’re so pleased to hear you and your wife had an enjoyable stay with us. I’m happy to hear you found our newly renovated rooms and décor to your liking—especially our comfortable new Serta Perfect Sleeper Signature beds. I’m also pleased to receive such kind comments about our team and will be sure to pass those along! I’m further delighted to hear you enjoyed our central downtown location and were able to walk to all the nearby sites—like the Magnificent Mile. And I’m pleased to hear you enjoyed our complimentary deluxe continental breakfast, conveniently served on each guest floor. We truly appreciate such a glowing recommendation. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you and your wife back soon!

Guest Experience Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,595)

Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

What a wonderful hotel with great customer service. We were completely satisfied and couldn't think of a complaint if we had to! The nightly reception had free drinks and snacks and breakfast although only a few selection, was still yummy.
There were many restaraunts and bars within walking distance. If you like pizza you have to try Lou Malnatis which is a 5 minute walk.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Many thanks for the 5-star review! We’re delighted to hear you had a “great” stay with us at the new Kinzie Hotel. I’m pleased you found our location in the downtown River North district to your liking and were able to take advantage of all the surrounding bars and restaurants—like the famous Lou Malnati’s Pizzeria. I’m also pleased to hear you enjoyed our complimentary amenities like our deluxe continental breakfast and evening cocktail reception. We truly appreciate your warm recommendation. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

Jake Bennett is absolutely sweet! He was so accommodating and he really helped us!! His service is unreal so pleasant and helpful for us tourists!! He really is so helpful and understanding.....:.........!!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2014

Thank you for the lovely review! We’re thrilled to receive such positive guest feedback about our team—Jake in particular. We pride ourselves on delivering the highest level of service and it’s a pleasure to hear we delivered on that promise. Your 5-star recommendation is truly appreciated. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 6 May 2014

Very seldom we find unusual hotels with a different interior design, Kinzie Hotel may be one of them according to our preferences:
• Elegant interior design.
• Modern Architectural design.
• Centrally located.
• Courteous staff and flexible in understanding my requests.
• The value for it’s location was well worth it.
• The amenities surprised me in a positive way.

The breakfast area at each floor had a nice setup for self service, I picked up what I liked and went back to my room that had a well-planned breakfast area next to the window with a nice view!...fantastic!!!

Well done Kinzie…well done!!!

Room Tip: Top floors are always better in my opinion
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank jfbartist
KinzieHotel, Front Office Manager at Kinzie Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Thank you for sharing your 5-star review! We’re thrilled to receive such positive guest feedback—especially about our team. We take great pride in delivering the highest level of service and it’s always a pleasure to hear we came through on that promise! I’m happy to hear you found our newly remodeled rooms and décor to your liking. I’m further pleased to hear you enjoyed our complimentary amenities—like our deluxe continental breakfast, conveniently served on each floor. We truly appreciate such a warm recommendation. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back very soon!

Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

Having stayed at The Trump right next to Kinzie, I can say that Kinzie is a tremendous value for its location. Kinzie has very modern and clean rooms. They have free appetizers and a drink per guest from 5-8pm on Sat. You can get free bottled water at the lobby if you ask for it. They even serve a very good selection for continental breakfast on each floor that is free! The location is central to Michigan Ave and State St shopping along with great theater and dining options. I definitely recommend this hotel!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tangeric25
KinzieHotel, Front Office Manager at Kinzie Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

What a flattering review! We’re overjoyed to receive such positive guest feedback. I’m happy to hear you found our newly remodeled rooms and décor at the new Kinzie Hotel to your liking. It’s a pleasure to hear you enjoyed our complimentary deluxe continental breakfast, as well as our evening cocktail reception. I’m happy you were able to take advantage of our central location in the downtown River North district and our close proximity to so many sites, like the Magnificent Mile and State Street shopping! Your gracious recommendation is truly appreciated. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back upon your next Chicago visit!

Reviewed 4 May 2014

LOVED our stay for my b'day. What's not to love? We valet parked our car, had a seamless check-in (sitting down in comfy chairs and not standing in a line), and arrived in a beautifully appointed room. Loved the map of Chicago wallpaper, and the cleanliness of the room. I felt so comfortable there. The chaise by the window was nice and comfy and our children enjoyed reading books on it. There were robes in the closet for my husband and I, which was a really nice touch. Also, guests are invited to attend a free cocktail reception where you can enjoy "happy hour" appetizers and drinks (first 2 on the house!). We then walked next door to the Public House for dinner (The Public House is FANTASTIC!). The next morning, for breakfast, imagine this: you don't have to go to the hotel lobby for breakfast! Why haven't other hotels grasped this concept? We simply walked to the elevator of our floor (of EACH floor) and there is (FREE) hot coffee, pastries, muffins, fresh fruit, donuts, cereal, etc waiting for you. Even their cable TV had a million channels (come hotels have just a few).Kinzie just "gets it."

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Many thanks for the lovely review! We’re so happy you chose to celebrate your birthday with us at the new Kinzie Hotel. I’m pleased to hear you found our newly renovated rooms and décor to your liking—including the 1857 street map mural on the wall and our newly upgraded cable TV package with a wide selection of channels to choose from. I’m further delighted to hear you and your family enjoyed our evening cocktail reception. I’m also happy to hear you enjoyed our complimentary deluxe continental breakfast and appreciated the convenience of it being served on each floor, as well as the wide variety of breakfast items. We truly appreciate your warm recommendation. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back for your next birthday celebration—if not sooner!

Reviewed 30 April 2014

6 of us traveled to Chicago for our friend's bachelorette party. We booked the Kinzie hotel through Groupon, so I was a little apprehensive before arriving at the hotel (I read previous reviews and knew it was a nice place, but I always worry when booking through Groupon that we will be treated as second class). My worries vanished upon arrival. We were given two rooms right next to each other, which was much appreciated since our group didn't want to split up! The check-in was easy, and our rooms were ready despite being an hour early for check-in. Everything in the room looked brand new! The carpet was so plush, I wish I could transplant it into my own home. The beds were comfortable, everything was clean, and all the girls were VERY impressed with the hotel that I had booked for our stay. I prefer modern hotel accommodations, and this was it! I stayed at the Hotel Monaco 2 years prior, and I actually preferred this hotel which was surprising since Kimpton has such a great reputation. One of the features that won me over was the FREE continental breakfast that is served on every floor near the elevators. It was so nice not to feel like we had to get dressed to go down to the lobby for breakfast, and there are trays in the room that you can use to carry food back. Free breakfast is very uncommon for Chicago hotels, so this was a huge bonus! Breakfast is also served until 10:30am, much later than most hotel breakfasts. The selections were good...nothing too impressive, but it is what you would expect; cereal, toast, pastries, yogurt, coffee and tea. Everyone at the hotel was friendly, they said hello to us in passing even outside of the lobby area, which was appreciated. I truly have no complaints! The room was quiet, clean, and comfy. We LOVED the furnishings and staff. I would recommend this hotel to all of my friends! Oh, and the location was great! Very close to the Magnificent Mile!

Room Tip: Our rooms 404/405 didn't have a view...but it's Chicago so don't expect to spend much ti...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lauren B

What a wonderful review! We’re thrilled to receive such positive guest feedback. I’m happy to hear you found our newly renovated rooms and décor to your liking—especially our comfortable new Serta Perfect Sleeper Signature beds. I’m pleased that you enjoyed our complimentary deluxe continental breakfast and appreciated the convenience of it being served on each floor. I’m especially pleased to receive such kind comments about our team. We pride ourselves on delivering the highest level of service and it’s a pleasure to hear we came through on that promise. Your glowing recommendation is truly appreciated. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back very soon!