“Great location - great hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Kinzie Hotel

Kinzie Hotel
Ranked #22 of 187 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersSilver level
Hermantown, Minnesota
“Great location - great hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

We recently stayed three nights at the Kinzie which used to be the Amalfi (good to know when asking for directions). The hotel has recently been remodeled and the rooms are very nice. Bed was comfortable and the double-head shower was a nice touch. The staff were very friendly and knowledgable about the area and there were several very good restaurants close by as well as night clubs. A couple of items to note - the Kinzie is located on Kinzie St. which is a "low road" and while the walk from there to Michigan St. is only about four blocks you need to climb a set of stairs. There is probably a route without stairs - you would need to ask. Also, the lighting in the bathroom is a little dim but they do provide a lighted makeup mirror. The breakfast is served by the elevators on each floor which is great! No having to get dressed to go get it - just put on the robe(s) they provide and you're sipping coffee, etc. in no time. We enjoyed our stay at the Kinzie and would definitely stay there again!

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mimi201
KinzieHotel, Front Office Manager at Kinzie Hotel, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Thank you kindly for the 5-star review! We’re thrilled to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us at the new Kinzie Hotel. I’m pleased you found our newly renovated rooms and décor to your liking—including our new Serta Perfect Sleeper Signature beds and dual showerheads. I am sorry to hear you found the lighting in our bathroom too dim, but happy that the lighted vanity mirror was to your liking! I appreciate the feedback and will be sure to pass it along to our General Manager. I’m further pleased to hear you enjoyed our location in the downtown River North district and were able to take advantage of all the surrounding restaurants and nearby sites—like Michigan Avenue. I’m happy you enjoyed our complimentary deluxe continental breakfast as well and appreciated the convenience of it being served on each floor. We truly appreciate your warm recommendation. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Guest Experience Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (446)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

I travel weekly to Chicago for business and the Kinzie (formerly Amalfi) has become my go to hotel. I find it is the best value for a business traveler. I really appreciate the comfortable beds and bedding and it is perfectly located near everything.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms look right into a buidling across the alley so perhaps ask for a room with a view.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for the lovely feedback. We’re flattered to be your “Go To Hotel” in Chicago! I’m pleased to hear you found our newly renovated rooms and décor to your liking—including our new Serta Perfect Sleeper Signature beds. I’m further pleased to hear you found our central downtown location convenient to all your travel needs as well. Coming from a loyal guest, your glowing recommendation is truly appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Monument, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

Comfortable beds, friendly staff, breakfast on each floor, and best of all - happy hour with great snacks! The location is good and close to Michigan Avenue, restaurants, etc. we walked everywhere! Highly recommend this great hotel!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for the 5-star review! We’re delighted to hear you had a “great” stay with us at the new Kinzie Hotel. I’m happy you found our newly renovated rooms to your liking—especially our new Serta Perfect Sleeper Signature beds! I’m also pleased to hear you enjoyed our complimentary deluxe continental breakfast, as well as our evening cocktail reception. And I’m happy you were able to take advantage of our location in downtown Chicago and walk to all the nearby sites—like Michigan Avenue. Your glowing recommendation is much appreciated. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon!

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

We stayed 3 nights at the Kinzie Hotel. Location is perfect, close to shopping, restaurants, river, lake and the L. Standard rooms are very nice and comfy, great size and quiet. The only negative about the room is the closet/clothing storage space: one small closet and a side board with small drawers. Hotel staff is super friendly and extremely helpful! The free breakfast and the evening drink reception is a nice bonus. All in all a wonderful hotel and we would definately stay here again!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
KinzieHotel, Front Office Manager at Kinzie Hotel, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Thank you for sharing your glowing review with the TripAdvisor community! We’re happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us at the new Kinzie Hotel. I’m pleased to hear you found our newly renovated rooms to your liking but apologize for the lack of storage space. We appreciate your feedback and have passed it along to our General Manager. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed our complimentary deluxe continental breakfast, as well as our complimentary evening reception. I’m further delighted to hear you enjoyed our central downtown location and were able to take advantage of all the shopping and sites surrounding us! We truly appreciate your kind recommendation. We look forward to welcoming you back upon your next visit to Chicago!

Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

Bought a groupon for just after the opening of the new Kinzie in February 2014. The staff was very accommodating and allowed me to pretend I was rich even though I mostly walked past the doorman and used my city bus pass as it was so easy to get around. The complimentary breakfast and cocktail hour allowed me to splurge on lunch and dinner at some of Chicago's finest Restaurants and really feel at walking the Magnificent Mile.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Thank you kindly for the 5-star review! We’re delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us at the new Kinzie Hotel. I’m happy to hear you enjoyed our complimentary amenities, like our deluxe continental breakfast and evening cocktail reception. I’m also pleased to hear you found location in the downtown River North district to your liking and were able to take advantage of all the great restaurants surrounding us. We truly appreciate your thoughtful recommendation. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back upon your next visit to Chicago.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

The staff is courteous and breakfast is served on each floor (great touch!). The room was great. Great views of the city and very nicely decorated. The beds were very comfortable and I especially like the day bed next to the window for relaxing.

Stayed June 2014
Thank you for the lovely feedback! We’re so pleased to hear you had a “wonderful” stay with us at the new Kinzie Hotel. I’m happy you found our newly renovated rooms and décor to your liking—including our new Serta Perfect Sleeper Signature beds and comfortable new chaise lounges. I’m also pleased to hear you enjoyed our complimentary deluxe continental breakfast and appreciated the convenience of it being served on each floor. Your gracious recommendation is truly appreciated. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Buford, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

This hotel is awesome! I saw the reviews about the noise so I called ahead and requested a room on a high floor. They accommodated my request and reserved our room on the second highest floor. Everyone was super nice and helpful. The evening reception with drinks and apps was great! We loved our room, the beds were very comfortable and the rooms were spacious for our family of 4. My kids especially loved the free breakfast filled with donuts, muffins, cereal, and fruit. Overall an excellent hotel and I will recommend it to anyone I hear traveling to chicago!

Stayed June 2014
Many thanks for the rave review! We’re thrilled to know you and your family enjoyed your recent stay with us at the new Kinzie Hotel. I’m especially pleased to hear how helpful and accommodating our front office team was with your room request. We take great pride in delivering the highest level of service and it’s a pleasure to hear our team came through on that promise. I’m further pleased to hear you found our newly renovated rooms to your liking and enjoyed our comfortable new Serta Perfect Sleeper Signature beds. And I’m happy to hear your whole family enjoyed our complimentary deluxe continental breakfast. We truly appreciate your 5-star recommendation. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back for another Chicago getaway soon.