Kinzie Hotel
US$281
US$463
US$441
  • Room Service
Central Loop Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$344
US$326
US$482
US$468
  • Restaurant
The Talbott Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$752
US$475
US$449
US$429
  • Restaurant
Club Quarters Hotel, Central Loop(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$349
US$326
  • Restaurant
The James Chicago-Magnificent Mile(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$568
US$390
HotelsClick
  • Room Service
2,683 results
All reviewsamalfi hotelcontinental breakfastyogurtpublic housekinzie streetcocktail hourevening receptioncocktail receptionfree happy hourevery morningboutique hoteldonutsthe riverhard boiled eggselevator lobbyhouse of blueswithin walking distance
Reviewed 11 July 2014

This hotel is in a great location. I wanted to see the downtown in night and this hotel was in perfect location even though they don't have rooms in the upper floors. Staff was good and room was super clean. Evening drinks were really nice ;)
Only issue I had was - I called the hotel in the morning to check if I can check in early at 11. They said it's ok and can come. When I went there room was not ready and we'd to wait nearly till 3 PM with small kids. I hope they will be more sensible in future.

Room Tip: Stay at upper corner levels for nice city view
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Sathish P
KinzieHotel, Front Office Manager at Kinzie Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Thank you for the thoughtful comments. We’re pleased to hear you and your family had an enjoyable stay with us at the new Kinzie Hotel. I do apologize for the miscommunication on our team’s behalf. We do try to accommodate all guest requests for early check-in and I’m sorry your room was not ready, as promised. I will be following up with you for more feedback regarding this incident. I will use your feedback to review and retrain our front office team to ensure that issues like this do not happen in the future. I am pleased to hear you found our central location in downtown Chicago to your liking. I’m happy you were able to enjoy our complimentary evening cocktail reception as well. We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your helpful feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back upon your next visit to Chicago.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

I was traveling to The Langham Chicago (5-star hotel) for business with a group and gave up my room there for one of my clients when we learned that hotel was overbooked. The Kinzie is located just around the corner and the Langham booked me there. At first I thought the Kinzie looked cheap/chintzy online and I was concerned but my Langham contact assured me it had just been refurbished/updated. My room was clean, the furnishings were new, the bed linens were of good quality, and the robes were nice. The long counter "desk" made it easy to spread out my work and get a lot done. They set up a breakfast buffet in the elevator foyer area on every floor each morning - coffees, juices, cereals, yogurts, muffins/pastries, toaster w/breads & bagels, whole fruit, string cheese. There's also a lounge on the 6th floor and you're given a coin good for 1 drink for each night of your stay. Due to business commitments I was not able to visit the lounge but I did peek in to check it out and it seemed fairly nice - fun lighting, big screen TV, variety of seating/tables - and it was busy.
The cons of The Kinzie are minimal: small closet, I could hear the ppl in the room next to me raising and lowering their shades, could also hear what I assume to be construction noise well into the night even with earplugs.

Room Tip: The lounge is on the 6th floor.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for sharing your kind feedback with the TripAdvisor community. We’re pleased to hear enjoyed your recent stay with us at the new Kinzie Hotel. I’m happy to hear you found our newly renovated rooms and décor to your liking—including our new Serta Perfect Sleeper Signature beds and oversized executive work desk. I’m sorry to hear about the noise disturbances you experienced. While rare, we take all noise complaints very seriously and encourage all of our guests to alert us of any issues so we may rectify them immediately. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed our complimentary deluxe continental breakfast and appreciated the wide variety of breakfast items we offer. While you weren’t able to enjoy our complimentary evening reception, I’m happy you were able to peek in; hopefully you’ll be able to join us upon your next stay. We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your comments. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

Very clean, great location and nice free continental breakfast on each floor.
Nice optional place for breakfast around the corner at bin61

Funny, I left tip money under the pillow for the maid and she did not take it and left in on the table instead.

Like all Hotels the parking was expensive $55

Good Hotel if you want to keep it simple without paying all the extras like swimming pool ect.

I would go back.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for the thoughtful review. We’re delighted to hear you had such an enjoyable stay with us at the new Kinzie hotel. I’m happy to hear you found our newly renovated rooms and décor to your liking. I’m further pleased to hear you enjoyed our complimentary deluxe continental breakfast and appreciated the convenience of it being served on each floor. As you mentioned, we do offer 24-hour valet parking for $56/night which comes with unlimited in and out privileges. However, if you don’t need to take your car in and out, there are many self-park options in our River North neighborhood. We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back upon your next visit to Chicago.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

If you're looking for a well-positioned boutique hotel for a short stay in the downtown area of Chicago, then look no further than Kinzie Hotel. Ask for a room on the highest floor possible and in the back if you can handle the darkness with which you might be faced, but that will allow you to avoid the yelling revellers complained of my another review. Some great deals can be had for this property if you know how to use some of the online discount booking services.

TL;DR, Kinzie Hotel is comfortable, welcoming and well-run. Recommended.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for sharing your kind review. We’re so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us at the new Kinzie Hotel. I’m happy to hear you found our newly renovated rooms and décor to your liking. I’m also pleased you enjoyed our central location in downtown Chicago. We truly appreciate your 5-star recommendation. We look forward to welcoming you back for another Chicago getaway soon.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

From June 28 to July 3, 2014 my mom and I had the pleasure of staying at the Kinzie Hotel. This was truly the best hotel experience we have ever had. Right when we checked in to the hotel late at night, we were greeted by a very friendly and accommodating staff. I had read reviews in advance and knew to ask for a higher floor and away from the bar next door to the hotel, and our room on the 5th floor was waiting for us. It was perfect. It was updated and elegantly decorated. The breakfast by the elevators could not have been better. The evening reception was lovely. Those two events saved us $500. The value was incredible and location couldn't be beat. We walked everywhere and enjoyed accessing the theatre district so easily.
A special thank you to Monica and Julian at the front desk who treated us like family. They always had time for our questions and gave great recommendations. They were enthusiastic to hear our reviews of the events they recommended. Thank you to Meg for her shopping tips. The maintenance department was very attentive and gave us chocolate wrenches to thank us for our patience as this newly renovated, fabulous hotel continues to make each room flawless!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor, away from the bar. Go to the front desk daily for tips on everything!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
KinzieHotel, Front Office Manager at Kinzie Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Thank you kindly for the 5-star review! We’re delighted to hear you and your mom had such a wonderful experience with us at the new Kinzie Hotel. I’m pleased to hear you found our newly renovated rooms and décor to your liking. I’m especially pleased to receive such kind comments about our team—Monica, Julian and Meg in particular. We pride ourselves on delivering the highest level of service and it’s such a pleasure to hear we delivered on that promise. I’m pleased to hear you enjoyed our complimentary deluxe continental breakfast and appreciated the convenience of it being served on each floor. I’m also happy you were able to unwind and indulge in our complimentary evening cocktail reception as well. We truly appreciate your gracious recommendation. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you and your mom back for another Chicago getaway soon.