“Lovely hotel, great location”
Review of Kinzie Hotel

Kinzie Hotel
Ranked #18 of 190 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersSilver level
limerick
“Lovely hotel, great location”
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

Our 1st visit to chicago and we got a late deal for the kinzie hotel on kinzie st between State & Dearborn st.
The hotel is very nice and great location for shopping State st & The Magnificent Mile. Also an easy walk to the Navy Pier.
They also provide a very good complimentary continental breakfast on each floor.
They rooms were a good size with good bathroom & very clean too.
On checking in we were given tokens to avail of free drinks in the bar too, an unexpected surprise.
We loved our 1st visit to chicago and it was only improved by the hotel & staff at the kinzie.
I hope to return.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ajjcummins
KinzieHotel, Front Office Manager at Kinzie Hotel, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Thank you for the kind review. We’re pleased to hear you enjoyed your first stay in Chicago with us at the new Kinzie Hotel. I’m delighted to hear you found our newly renovated rooms and décor to your liking. I’m also pleased you were able to take advantage of our central downtown location and all the nearby sites, like the Magnificent Mile and Navy Pier. I’m happy you enjoyed our complimentary amenities as well, like our deluxe continental breakfast and evening cocktail reception. Your warm recommendation is truly appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Guest Experience Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (459)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Columbus, Ohio, United States
Reviewed 14 July 2014

The rooms were very nice and had a very comfortable bed. The concierge helped us get reservations at several very nice restaurants that were nearby.

Breakfast was included in the room price and was simple but filling. They also had a nightly cocktail and appetizer gathering which was very nice and also included.

I would stay there again for sure!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
KinzieHotel, Front Office Manager at Kinzie Hotel, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
What a wonderful review! We’re pleased to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us at the new Kinzie Hotel. I’m happy to hear how helpful our concierge team was in securing your restaurant reservations. I’m further pleased to hear you enjoyed our complimentary deluxe continental breakfast, as well as our evening cocktail reception. Your 5-star recommendation is much appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you back for another Chicago getaway soon!

Chicago
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We stayed here over July 3rd and had an absolutely wonderful experience. We arrived early and luckily our corner room was ready. Went to the "Bean" and stopped to hear the Chicago Symphony rehearse then we went to the Field Museum and when we returned to the hotel there were freshly made cookies. We went to the sixth floor where 2 drinks per person plus appetizers were included in our rate. The next morning there was a nice breakfast by the elevators that you could bring back to your room. All members of the staff were exceptionally friendly.

Room Tip: The hotel is only six stories high. We were in a fifth floor corner room. Part of our view was a r...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Many thanks for the kind review! We’re delighted to hear you had a “wonderful experience” with us at the new Kinzie Hotel. I’m pleased you enjoyed our central downtown location and were able to take advantage of all great Chicago sites within walking distance—like the Bean at nearby Millennium Park. I’m further pleased to hear you enjoyed our complimentary amenities like our afternoon cookies and evening cocktail reception. I’m also happy you enjoyed our complimentary deluxe continental breakfast and appreciated the convenience of it being served on each floor. We truly appreciate you sharing your warm recommendation. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon!

Thorold, Canada
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Just stayed at the Kinzie July 11-13 and it was great. First thing is that it is only a block away from the Blue Line Subway (EL) that comes from O'Hare airport (Clark & Lake exit). Its a 30-40 minute train ride but for $2.50 each its good. The bed was comfortable, room was clean, blinds covered the windows well so it was dark and the noise was next to nil. Slept really well there. All the personnel were exceptionally polite and welcoming. Jose at the front desk was great for giving us ideas where to eat and advising on some attractions. Everything is walking distance in my opinion as we were close to the "magnificent mile", Millennium Park, Art Museum and the river where the boat tours start from. They do a appetizer/drink 5-8 up on the 6th floor which was nice as it held you over before you go out for dinner. Complimentary drink and food (cut up veggies, cheese, sliced meats) were a nice treat. The gym is really clean with 1 recumbent bike, couple treadmills, elliptical, and couple weight machines as well as some free weights. Overall I would recommend this hotel and will be going back again for sure.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for the rave review! We’re so happy to hear you had a “great” stay with us at the new Kinzie Hotel. I’m happy you found our newly renovated rooms comfortable and décor to your liking. I’m pleased to hear you enjoyed our central location in downtown Chicago and were able to take advantage of everything within walking distance—like the CTA Blue Station, Millennium Park and Art Institute of Chicago. I’m especially pleased to receive such kind comments about our team—Jose in particular—and will be sure to pass your feedback along. I’m further delighted to hear you enjoyed our complimentary amenities, like our evening cocktail reception and our 24-hour Fitness Center. We truly appreciate your 5-star recommendation. We look forward to welcoming you back upon your next visit to Chicago.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Travelled with sixteen ladies from our Bookclub to experience Chicago and it started on the right foot by choosing to stay at this incredible hotel. Location, location, location! Inexpensive cab fare from the train station and we could walk to most tourist sights, close to awesome shopping and dining in safe and beautiful neighbourhood. Clean crisp modern hotel with the most friendly staff, handsome and helpful doormen and all staff said hello first and nothing was too much trouble including the maid service. Breakfast served on each floor so walking out in one of the provided bathrobes to get a coffee and juice was no problem. Hard boiled eggs and lovely chocolate croissants and yogurts and fruits and all types of items to toast. Started the day off right in such a convenient manner. Happy hour each evening with one free drink and appetizers provided, ( I'm talking prosciutto wrapped asparagus not chips and dip) rooms were very clean, smelled good, bathrooms were immaculate and towels smelled fresh, beds were super comfy. Slept well every night even in the middle of a noisy metropolis. We will definitely stay here again! No need to look any where else !

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces Kinzie and not near the elevator
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for the 5-star review! We’re thrilled to hear you and your group enjoyed your recent stay with us at the new Kinzie Hotel. I’m pleased to hear you found our newly renovated rooms and décor to your liking—especially our comfortable new Serta Perfect Sleeper Signature beds and our new oversized, fluffy towels. I’m especially pleased to receive such kind feedback about our team. We pride ourselves on delivering the highest level of service and it’s a pleasure to hear our team delivered on that promise. I’m happy to hear you enjoyed our complimentary deluxe continental breakfast and appreciated the convenience of it being served on each floor. I’m further pleased to hear you enjoyed our complimentary evening cocktail reception and liked the wide selection of hors d’oeuvres. We truly appreciate your glowing recommendation. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you and your group back for another Chicago getaway soon.

Arlington Heights, Illinois
Reviewed 11 July 2014

This hotel is in a great location. I wanted to see the downtown in night and this hotel was in perfect location even though they don't have rooms in the upper floors. Staff was good and room was super clean. Evening drinks were really nice ;)
Only issue I had was - I called the hotel in the morning to check if I can check in early at 11. They said it's ok and can come. When I went there room was not ready and we'd to wait nearly till 3 PM with small kids. I hope they will be more sensible in future.

Room Tip: Stay at upper corner levels for nice city view
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Sathish P
Thank you for the thoughtful comments. We’re pleased to hear you and your family had an enjoyable stay with us at the new Kinzie Hotel. I do apologize for the miscommunication on our team’s behalf. We do try to accommodate all guest requests for early check-in and I’m sorry your room was not ready, as promised. I will be following up with you for more feedback regarding this incident. I will use your feedback to review and retrain our front office team to ensure that issues like this do not happen in the future. I am pleased to hear you found our central location in downtown Chicago to your liking. I’m happy you were able to enjoy our complimentary evening cocktail reception as well. We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your helpful feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back upon your next visit to Chicago.

Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 11 July 2014

I was traveling to The Langham Chicago (5-star hotel) for business with a group and gave up my room there for one of my clients when we learned that hotel was overbooked. The Kinzie is located just around the corner and the Langham booked me there. At first I thought the Kinzie looked cheap/chintzy online and I was concerned but my Langham contact assured me it had just been refurbished/updated. My room was clean, the furnishings were new, the bed linens were of good quality, and the robes were nice. The long counter "desk" made it easy to spread out my work and get a lot done. They set up a breakfast buffet in the elevator foyer area on every floor each morning - coffees, juices, cereals, yogurts, muffins/pastries, toaster w/breads & bagels, whole fruit, string cheese. There's also a lounge on the 6th floor and you're given a coin good for 1 drink for each night of your stay. Due to business commitments I was not able to visit the lounge but I did peek in to check it out and it seemed fairly nice - fun lighting, big screen TV, variety of seating/tables - and it was busy.
The cons of The Kinzie are minimal: small closet, I could hear the ppl in the room next to me raising and lowering their shades, could also hear what I assume to be construction noise well into the night even with earplugs.

Room Tip: The lounge is on the 6th floor.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for sharing your kind feedback with the TripAdvisor community. We’re pleased to hear enjoyed your recent stay with us at the new Kinzie Hotel. I’m happy to hear you found our newly renovated rooms and décor to your liking—including our new Serta Perfect Sleeper Signature beds and oversized executive work desk. I’m sorry to hear about the noise disturbances you experienced. While rare, we take all noise complaints very seriously and encourage all of our guests to alert us of any issues so we may rectify them immediately. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed our complimentary deluxe continental breakfast and appreciated the wide variety of breakfast items we offer. While you weren’t able to enjoy our complimentary evening reception, I’m happy you were able to peek in; hopefully you’ll be able to join us upon your next stay. We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your comments. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.