“Wonderful weekend at the Kinzie” 5 of 5 bubbles

Kinzie Hotel
Ranked #18 of 187 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersSilver level
Bothell, Washington
“Wonderful weekend at the Kinzie”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

I stayed at the Kinzie last weekend in Chicago. I was on the 6th floor with a wonderful view. And right down the hall from the daily happy hour suite. The room was beautiful and even had a sitting area with a sofa. Continental breakfast is served every morning in the lobby on each floor. So convenient to walk out my door and get breakfast and fresh coffee. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The water in the lobby was delicious...one day it was cucumber water, the next day made with fresh watermelon. I felt like I was at a spa!
Almost forgot to mention the bed...heavenly.
I will stay here every time I visit Chicago!

Room Tip: I liked the 6th floor so I was near happy hour!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
KinzieHotel, Front Office Manager at Kinzie Hotel, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Thank you for the rave review! We’re overjoyed to hear you had a “wonderful weekend” with us at the new Kinzie Hotel. I’m pleased to hear you found our newly renovated rooms and décor to your liking—especially our comfortable new Serta Perfect Sleeper Signature beds. I’m also happy you enjoyed our complimentary deluxe continental breakfast and appreciated the convenience of it being served on each guest floor. I’m further pleased to hear you enjoyed our complimentary fruit-infused water, served every afternoon in our lobby. Your warm recommendation is truly appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you back upon your next Chicago getaway.

Guest Experience Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (443)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Stratford, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

Shared a room with 3 fantastic friends and had adequate space and comfort. Visually beautiful space, comfy beds, spacious bathroom, loved the breakfasts on floor level and cocktail hour with appetizers! Quiet and clean. Staff couldn't have been more helpful and accommodating. Would definitley stay here again. Within walking distance to downtdown and Millineum Park

Room Tip: We stayed on the second floor and found it quiet. No complaints. It did face another building so we...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Many thanks for the 5-star review! We’re thrilled to hear you and your friends “loved” your recent stay with us at the new Kinzie Hotel. I’m pleased to hear you found our newly renovated rooms and décor to your liking—especially our comfortable new Serta Perfect Sleeper Signature beds. I’m happy you were able to take advantage of our central location in downtown Chicago and walk to all the nearby sites—like Millennium Park, now celebrating it’s 10th anniversary! I’m further pleased to hear you enjoyed our complimentary deluxe continental breakfast, as well as our evening cocktail reception. We truly appreciate your gracious recommendation. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Coconut Creek, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

This hotel does it smart. Having the continental breakfast on every floor and the nightly manager cocktail hours was something I have not seen before. The employees are incredibly helpful and nice. I was traveling alone and they were able to give me advise on how to get around safely. There was noise at night from the bar across the street and the local traffic. This is expected whenever you're in a downtown type area. The hotel had a wonderful location. Next time I head up to Chicago I plan on staying at Kinzie again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank tfoldessy
Thank you for sharing your kind feedback. We’re happy to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us at the new Kinzie Hotel. I’m especially pleased to receive such great feedback about our team. We pride ourselves on delivering the highest level of service and it’s such a pleasure to hear we came through on that promise. I’m happy you found our location in the vibrant and bustling downtown River North district to your liking. I’m also pleased to hear you enjoyed our complimentary amenities like our deluxe continental breakfast and evening cocktail reception. Your thoughtful review is truly appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you back upon your next visit to Chicago!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

My daughter and I stayed in a 6th floor suite. It was very comfortable and amazingly quiet even though the room was situated over a main street. Having just returned from an out of town business trip where I stayed at a different hotel having a room over the main street, it was unbelievably noisy and made sleep difficult at times. Not true of the Kinzie Hotel suite.
The Kinzie Hotel is warm and inviting and pleasantly decorated. Bathroom amenities and on-floor buffet breakfast were wonderful.
All the employees I met were very nice especially those in reservations, Amanda Travers and Katie Russell. Not often does one have the opportunity to meet the general manager, Patti Koehn or the office manager, Melissa Drza who were equally as welcoming.
Great experience overall and looking forward to returning soon.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Jaruss2
Thank you for the lovely review! We’re delighted to hear you and your daughter had an enjoyable stay with us at the new Kinzie Hotel. I’m pleased to hear you found our newly renovated Deluxe One-Bedroom King Suite comfortable and décor to your liking. I’m happy you enjoyed all our amenities, like our in-room H2O Plus spa products and complimentary deluxe continental breakfast. I’m especially pleased to receive such wonderful feedback about our Front Office and Reservations teams. We will be sure to pass your kind comments along. We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your glowing recommendation. We look forward to welcoming you and your daughter back for another Chicago getaway soon!

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

I booked this hotel mainly because I got a very good rate for it on another website. Had it not been for the positive reviews, I might have been a little leery because I did not know much about it, but I am so glad I booked it. The staff members were conscientious and friendly. Never once did I feel like I was hassling them with requests, and in the halls and common areas we were always greeted with a smile. The rooms were clean, beds were super comfortable, and we had just enough space for three in a room with a king bed and a pull out sofa. That being said, the best part about this hotel was the free breakfast every morning served by the elevator. I wish more hotels did this, as it was a pleasure waking up every morning and walking a few steps to get fresh coffee, muffins, toast, cereal (plus more) as well as good coffee. There were no attendants standing by or pressure to tip. The hotel trusts the guests to act like adults and not spill stuff all over the place or be wasteful. It was a really nice touch and adds value to the hotel. We didn't get to try the cocktail hour because we were just never around for it, but I wish we had.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Annagins
Thank you so much for the kind review. We’re so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us at the new Kinzie Hotel. I’m happy to hear you found our newly renovated rooms and décor to your liking—especially our comfortable new Serta Perfect Sleeper Signature beds. I’m especially delighted to receive such great feedback about our team. We work diligently to ensure every guest has a positive experience and it’s a pleasure to hear we delivered on that promise. I’m also happy to hear you enjoyed our complimentary deluxe continental breakfast and appreciated the convenience of it being served on each floor. I’m sorry you were unable to attend our complimentary evening cocktail reception. Hopefully you’ll be able to join us the next time you stay with us. We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your 5-star recommendation. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon!

Northfield, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

This was our 2nd stay at the Kinzie and now that it's completely remodeled, we had a wonderful experience. The room with a king size bed and a large bathroom was comfortable and quiet. Breakfast was included, with a nice choice of fruits, grains, yogurts, cheeses and beverages. The evening cocktail hour was also a plus, with great wines and appetizers. Katie Russell our hostess was exceptional and offered several ideas for great restaurants. The bellmen were courteous and helpful as we loaded and departed in heavy rain. One unexpected perk: after the repairman fixed the running toilet on the morning of our 2nd day, he left us two large chocolate wrenches...very tasty Charlie! thanks for your great hospitality.

Room Tip: corner and end of hall suites are very roomy!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
KinzieHotel, Front Office Manager at Kinzie Hotel, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Many thanks for the 5-star review! We’re thrilled to receive such positive guest feedback—especially about our team! We pride ourselves on delivering the highest level of service and it’s a pleasure to hear our team came through on that promise—Katie and Charlie in particular. I’m pleased to hear you found our newly renovated rooms and décor to your liking. I’m further delighted to know you enjoyed our complimentary deluxe continental breakfast and appreciated the wide variety of items to choose from. I’m happy you were able to indulge in our complimentary evening cocktail reception as well. Your glowing recommendation is truly appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you back upon your next visit to Chicago.

limerick
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

Our 1st visit to chicago and we got a late deal for the kinzie hotel on kinzie st between State & Dearborn st.
The hotel is very nice and great location for shopping State st & The Magnificent Mile. Also an easy walk to the Navy Pier.
They also provide a very good complimentary continental breakfast on each floor.
They rooms were a good size with good bathroom & very clean too.
On checking in we were given tokens to avail of free drinks in the bar too, an unexpected surprise.
We loved our 1st visit to chicago and it was only improved by the hotel & staff at the kinzie.
I hope to return.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ajjcummins
Thank you for the kind review. We’re pleased to hear you enjoyed your first stay in Chicago with us at the new Kinzie Hotel. I’m delighted to hear you found our newly renovated rooms and décor to your liking. I’m also pleased you were able to take advantage of our central downtown location and all the nearby sites, like the Magnificent Mile and Navy Pier. I’m happy you enjoyed our complimentary amenities as well, like our deluxe continental breakfast and evening cocktail reception. Your warm recommendation is truly appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.