“Amazing service”

Kinzie Hotel
Ranked #21 of 191 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 4 nights in july. We were 2 adults and a child (11 months old). We were amazed by the service we received at the hotel. Everybody was so helpful and nice and all the recommandations they gave us were exactly what we were looking for. The hotel is very well situated and you can go everywhere by foot. There is also a grocery store a couple of blocks away and a subway station that goes directly to O'Hare 10 minutes walk away. Every morning the breakfast is served on every floor and it is very good and complete (cereals, yogurt, pastries, coffee, fruits, juice, and so on). The cocktail is also very good, every night from 5 to 8. We met some nice people and discover a nice new drink, specialty of the hotel. It is a small enough hotel to get a personal treatment but a big enough hotel to get a great service. We needed a microwave and there were additionnal charges to get one in the room so they suggested to give us a room on the 2nd floor where there is one for everyone to use. We saved a lot of charges and had our microwave on the same floor. The room was exceptionnally spacious and clean and the bed was very confortable. It was all in all an amazing experience. Special thanks to Monica and Jose.

Room Tip: Call the hotel they will help you choose.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank CathandMarc
KinzieHotel, Front Office Manager at Kinzie Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Many thanks for the 5-star review! We’re delighted to hear you and your family had an enjoyable stay with us at the new Kinzie Hotel. I’m happy you were able to take advantage of our central location in the downtown River North district and walk everywhere you needed to go—like the nearby CTA Blue Line that runs directly to O’Hare. I’m pleased you enjoyed our complimentary deluxe continental breakfast—conveniently served on each guest floor—and appreciated the wide variety of items. I’m further pleased to hear you were able to indulge in our complimentary evening reception. I agree it’s a great opportunity to meet and mingle with other guests. I’m especially delighted to receive such kind comments about our front office team—Monica and Jose in particular—and will be sure to share your feedback with them. We truly appreciate such a warm recommendation. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you and your family back for another Chicago getaway soon.

Guest Experience Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,635)

Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

My wife and I travel a lot and we cannot say enough good things about the place. If you want a huge hotel go somewhere else. If you want exceptional, genuine service then go here. Positives: great shower heads (tall enough that at six feet I fit under them), managers reception is awesome with unique food (the staff there are ridiculously nice but very genuine), clean clean clean everywhere, breakfast on each floor very good. Very up to date look-we really liked the decor. Lobby staff super nice. They helped out a lot when I flew my kids into town to surprise my wife. Housekeepers very sweet. Offered early check in even though they forgot to call (not a big deal and was the only small negative at all about our four days). Stayed in Chicago three times and they are nicest and best value for the
Location. Total gem.
Our four

Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank FamilyDad2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind review. We’re so pleased to hear you and your wife enjoyed your recent stay with us at the new Kinzie Hotel. I’m delighted to hear you found our newly renovated rooms and décor to your liking—including the dual showerheads in our guest bathrooms. I’m happy you enjoyed our complimentary deluxe continental breakfast and appreciated the convenience of it being served on each floor. I’m especially pleased to receive such wonderful feedback about our hotel team. We take great pride in consistently delivering the highest level of service and it’s a pleasure to hear we delivered on that promise. I’m happy you were able to enjoy our complimentary evening cocktail reception as well. Your glowing recommendation is much appreciated. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you and your family back for another visit soon.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

We have travelled quite a bit and were really impressed by this hotel. The room was exceptionally spacious, modern, clean and comfortable. The staff is very friendly and helpful. There is continental breakfast daily of good quality and a daily cocktail hour with a complimentary beverage and finger foods. Overall the value of this hotel is remarkable.

Room Tip: If you are sensitive to street noise, try to get a room at the back of the hotel, but you will sacri...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank TerryinAylmer

Thank you for the lovely feedback! We’re happy to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us at the new Kinzie Hotel. I’m pleased you found our newly renovated rooms comfortable and the décor to your liking. I’m further pleased to hear you enjoyed our complimentary deluxe continental breakfast, as well as our complimentary evening cocktail reception. I’m happy to hear how friendly and helpful our team was during your stay. We pride ourselves on delivering the highest level of service and it’s always a pleasure to hear we came through on that promise. We truly appreciate your 5-star recommendation. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

It was my first time in Chicago, and the Kinzie provided me with a better experience than I could have ever imagined. First, I would like to comment on the location of the hotel, it is in a fantastic location. Close to the river, and a short walk to the Michigan Ave, and State St shopping.

Upon my arrival, they made it very easy to check in, and they gave me some drink tokens for the hotel lounge which was open from 5-8 every night. When I arrived to my room, I fell in love. Very relaxing an beautiful decor, and extremely clean. But my favourite aspect of the hotel was the wifi, free and extremely fast. Fast enough to stream Netflix, that's how you know it's good. During my three day stay, my room was promptly tidied, and cleaned extremely well. On the first night of my stay, I had bought myself a bottle of wine, but I did not have a corkscrew, and so I called down to the main desk, and within two minutes a corkscrew arrived at my door. The staff was extremely friendly and accommodating.

On check out date, my flight was at 4 but my checkout time was at noon, so I asked the concierge whether I could check my bags, while I went out and continued to explore the city, and they were more than willing. They gave me a bag check number, and I was able to keep my bag there as long as I needed to.

All in all the Kinzie hotel, is an extremely great value for the price. The next time I go back to Chicago I will definitely be staying there again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Leana D

Thank you for the rave review! We’re thrilled to hear you enjoyed your first stay in Chicago with us at the new Kinzie Hotel. I’m happy you found our central downtown location to your liking and were able to take advantage of all the nearby sites, like Michigan Avenue’s Magnificent Mile and the State Street shopping district. I’m pleased to hear you liked our newly renovated rooms and décor as well. I’m further pleased to hear you enjoyed all our complimentary amenities, like our evening cocktail reception and lightning-fast WiFi. I’m especially happy to receive such kind comments about our front office team and will be sure to pass those along. Your glowing recommendation is much appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you back upon your next Chicago getaway!

Reviewed 31 July 2014

We booked the Kinzie for one night and it was excellent. We ended up getting into town early, but we were immediately taken care of. The valets took our vehicle, the bellmen had our luggage, and the front desk gave us the choice of taking a room with 2 beds that was already cleaned, or storing our luggage til something else came available. Since I was with my daughter, I figured she'd appreciate her own bed, so we went ahead and checked in. I had forgotten that I had read to ask for higher floors or corner rooms, but the room we were given was just fine. What a great location! After we dropped off our bags we hit the streets to shop up and down Michigan Ave, lots of restaurant choices nearby. We stopped back in to charge our phones (life with teens) then walked back down to Millennium Park to hear some music and see the sites. Soft towels and robes were put to use upon our return. I liked the breakfast setup in the morning. Printed a few things off in the business center for our next college visit. We checked out early, but were allowed to keep our vehicle parked until 6. They stowed our luggage as well. Easy walk to the metro station to take the train to DePaul. Came back in the afternoon to fetch our things and continue on our way. So glad we got to stay here, if we return to the area we will be back!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank AllesonWonderland

Many thanks for the 5-star review! We’re delighted to hear you and your daughter had such an enjoyable stay with us at the new Kinzie Hotel. I’m happy you enjoyed our central location in downtown Chicago and were able to walk to all the nearby sites, like Michigan Avenue and Millennium Park—now celebrating its 10th anniversary! I’m pleased you found our newly renovated rooms to your liking and appreciated our in-room amenities like our new oversized robes and fluffy new towels. I’m happy you enjoyed our complimentary deluxe continental breakfast as well. Your glowing recommendation is truly appreciated. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you and your daughter back for another Chicago getaway soon!

Reviewed 31 July 2014

Rooms with a nice size and decoration. The one I had looked to the street. It had air conditioning and it took me a few hours to achieve a good temperature. The bed was really comfortable and the bathroom had a nice size, had all toiletries and good hairdryer.
The blinds were great and although there was some noise when an ambulance passed by, not much considering the area.
Good connectivity, although you had to log in everytime you arrived to the hotel.
You have iron boad if needed.
Breakfast was not given in a room, but on every floor in front of the lift there was a place with coffee, tea, donuts, bagels, toast, fruit and yogurt... you could take to your room.
The location was great for me, near my office and in an area with a lot of dinner options. As well some shops, stores that closed late (to buy water or snacks).
It will be one of my options if I go back.

Room Tip: I think the higher the better
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for sharing your kind comments. We’re pleased to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us at the new Kinzie Hotel. I’m happy you found our newly renovated rooms to your liking—including our comfortable new Serta Perfect Sleeper Signature beds. I’m sorry you had trouble with our HVAC system. We always encourage our guests to contact our Front Desk with any issues so we may rectify them immediately. I am pleased to hear you appreciated our in-room H2O Plus spa products—an authentic Chicago product! I’m further delighted to hear you enjoyed our complimentary deluxe continental breakfast—conveniently served on each guest floor—as well as our lightning-fast, complimentary WiFi. I’m happy you found our location in the downtown River North district to your liking and were able to take advantage of all the great dining options surrounding us. Your thoughtful recommendation is much appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you back upon your next Chicago visit.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

I travel to Chicago a couple of times a year on business and usually stay in this part of town. There are literally tons of bars, restaurants and attractions in the general area like The House Of Blues, Harry Careys' and The Public House. Its also a short walk to Michigan Ave and The Lake.

Yet somehow its quiet as well. Kinzie is a dead end past State street, so perhaps that may be the reason. There are some pretty cool hotels in the area like the Palomar, Witt and Hotel Chicago(although I haven't been there since the name change from House Of Blues)

The Kinzie is a decent place to stay. It has a small reception area, so it lacks the buzz of a restaurant, cool lounge area like The Pallomar. The bar is on the 5th floor. I never went since it closes at 8:30. The service is efficient and friendly.

Some of the pluses are a really excellent gym and a pretty extensive breakfast. The rooms are pretty good as well. They are comfortable, not spectacular with a good sized bed and shower. I would stay here again. As I said, this is a good hotel in a great area

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
KinzieHotel, Front Office Manager at Kinzie Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Thank you for the kind review. We’re pleased to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us at the new Kinzie Hotel. I’m happy you found our newly renovated rooms and décor to your liking. I’m also pleased to hear you enjoyed our location in the downtown River North district and were able to take advantage of all the great restaurants surrounding us—including Public House and our in-room dining partner, Harry Caray’s Italian Steakhouse. I’m happy you enjoyed our complimentary deluxe continental breakfast, as well as our complimentary 24-hour Fitness Center. I’m sorry you were unable to join us for our complimentary evening reception from 5-8pm; hopefully you’ll be able to enjoy it the next time you stay. Your thoughtful recommendation is much appreciated. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.