Staying at the Kinzie is a great way to introduce yourself to Chicago and immerse yourself immediately into the food and art scene of the downtown area. Location is very convenient for exploring and ambling around.
It's a small boutique hotel with a clean, modern vibe that's warmly welcoming...a feeling I thought was whimsically represented by the minty-blue H2O+ square soap sitting on the cool, stark white dish in our bathroom. The grey/white walls are decorated with framed photographs of vintage scenes as well as fun modern art pieces which could include the funky furniture in the lobby.
The Kinzie staff is friendly and attentive, always greeting you on the way in and out. The bellhops are very dapper in their light grey uniforms and fedoras. Fresh fruit flavored water is available in the lobby.
- Free breakfast is served on each floor from 6:30 to 10 am, set up right across from the elevators. How convenient is that? You'll see your neighbors in their white bathrobes out examining the continental breakfast choices: pastries, bagels, breads, cereal, fruit, hard boiled eggs, coffee, juice, tea, yogurt. There's a white tray in your room that you can take with you to carry all your selections back for a leisurely breakfast in bed moment.
- The free Manager's reception in the evenings is on the 6th floor with open bar (you're given a token for a free drink when you register) and a tasty assortment of appetizers. It's a low-lit, intimate setting with bar tables and chairs.
- Everything was clean and comfortable...the room, beds, decor.
- Our room had two queen beds-- a choice not offered at many hotels but very appreciated by families.
- Location is excellent: great access to restaurants and Michigan Avenue. 5 minute walk to Grand metro station where you can catch the Red line to Wrigley Field, 10 minute walk to Millenium Park ("Bean", Cloud Gate) and a little further to the fantastic Art Institute of Chicago museum.
- Considering the hotel is on a main street right in the middle of downtown, you would think you'd hear a lot more street noise. Our room was on the 5th floor and we heard more from the ice machine across the hallway. There is street noise, just not as much as expected.
- The small gym is located on the 5th floor which was very convenient for us.
- We traveled at peak time so prices were higher, but still better than many other hotels nearby.
- That we couldn't stay longer!
- Kinzie has a very pet-friendly policy with rooms and services geared towards furry guests. For those of us who are unfortunately allergic to man's best friend, you should ask for rooms on the non-pet floors.
Staying at the Kinzie helped make our visit to Chicago more enjoyable and accessible...would definitely come back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of the vibrant River North district, Kinzie Hotel embodies the adventurous spirit of Chicago. Named after the renowned Chicago settler and silversmith, John Kinzie, the history and culture of this exciting city unfolds at our doorstep, waiting to be discovered. Boasting a central location near Michigan Avenue and the Loop, this contemporary Chicago boutique hotel is a sophisticated downtown escape for both business and leisure travelers. Whether your interests are arts, dining, shopping, or nightlife, our ideal location easily allows you to embark on an urban exploration of Chicago. Chic, comfortable accommodations feature Chicago-inspired design elements and luxurious amenities, including rejuvenating H2O Plus Spa products and Keurig coffeemakers. Enjoy our continental breakfast, conveniently served on each floor just steps from your guest room. Every evening from 5pm - 8pm, guests are welcome to unwind during our nightly reception in the Double Cross Lounge. Each guest will receive one complimentary drink per night and can enjoy an assortment of hors d'oeuvres. Stay connected with lightning-fast WiFi throughout the hotel or by visiting our 24-hour business center. Keep up with your workout schedule in a well-equipped 24-hour fitness center, featuring state-of-the-art equipment, free weights, Yoga/Pilates mats, and more. At Kinzie Hotel, you'll experience Chicago like you never have before. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Kinzie Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chicago Amalfi Hotel
- Amalfi Hotel Chicago