Kinzie Hotel
Thompson Chicago
US$703
US$670
  • Room Service
Central Loop Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$813
US$620
US$725
US$693
US$626
US$599
  • Restaurant
Club Quarters Hotel, Central Loop(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$663
US$811
US$589
getaroom.com
2,680 results
All reviewsamalfi hotelcontinental breakfastyogurtpublic housekinzie streetcocktail hourevening receptioncocktail receptionfree happy hourevery morningboutique hoteldonutsthe riverhard boiled eggselevator lobbyhouse of blueswithin walking distance
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Stayed at the Kinzie for 5 nights in August and what a great hotel it is! The room was spacious, clean & modern with everything you need. All staff were helpful & pleasant & the added bonus of a free drink every evening in the small cocktail bar was most welcome! Self service breakfast on each floor allowing residents to enjoy a leisurely breakfast in their own room was different & may not appeal to everybody; we loved it! Excellent central location with many bars & restaurants in the vicinity and a 2 minute walk from the 'L'. Free wifi too! Great value for money & would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kaycee109
KinzieHotel, Front Office Manager at Kinzie Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

Many thanks for the rave review! We’re delighted to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us at the new Kinzie Hotel. I’m pleased you found our newly renovated rooms and décor to your liking. I’m happy you found our central downtown location to your liking and were able to take advantage of all the great restaurants surrounding us, as well as our close proximity to several CTA “L” stations. I’m further pleased to hear you enjoyed our complimentary deluxe continental breakfast and appreciated the convenience of it being served on each floor. I’m delighted you enjoyed our complimentary evening reception as well our complimentary lightning-fast WiFi! We truly appreciate your glowing recommendation. We look forward to welcoming you back for another Chicago getaway soon!

Reviewed 23 August 2014

The Kinzie is a nicely located, and well run independent hotel in the River North neighborhood of downtown Chicago. Although it does not have a large lobby or amenities of many larger, chain hotels, it is a contemporary, attractive, personally-friendly and comfortable property. In the case of our stay, it was also an excellent value for the three nights that we stayed there. As guests, we very much appreciated the personal attention and hospitality we received from nearly everyone on staff, including a very attentive young bellman named Gerry, who was eager to make our stay more enjoyable. The complementary breakfast arrangement is very efficiently arranged, as it is set up on every floor adjacent to the elevators, for easy access from one's room. In the late afternoon/evenings, the hotel offers a complimentary happy hour including cocktails and light hors d'oeuvres on the top floor. The bartender does a nice job managing this every evening. While there is no bar or restaurant located within the hotel, there are many choices located in easy walking distance within the River North neighborhood. The rooms were comfortable and well appointed, albeit not particularly large. We will return to the Kinzie for future stays when we visit Chicago.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms on the side/floor that do not look directly into the office building less than 50 feet away.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Mark90266

Thank you for the lovely review! We’re so happy you enjoyed your recent stay with us at the new Kinzie Hotel. I’m especially pleased to receive such great feedback about front office team—Gerry in particular. We take pride in delivering the highest level of service and it’s a pleasure to hear we came through on that promise. I’m happy to hear you found our newly renovated rooms and décor to your liking, but I apologize if the size of the room was not to your liking. Almost all of our rooms are larger than the typical downtown Chicago hotel room but we do have a handful of rooms that are slightly smaller. I’m pleased you found our location in the downtown River North district to your liking and were able to take advantage of all the great restaurants surrounding us. We’re happy to let you know that in December a new restaurant will open in our building, C Fish-House Chicago, where our guests will have charging privileges. I am happy you were able to indulge in our complimentary evening reception and enjoyed our selection of appetizers. I’m further pleased to hear you enjoyed our complimentary deluxe continental breakfast and appreciated the convenience of it being served on each guest floor. We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your 5-star review. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed for 3 nights 11th to 14th August. The staff were most helpful and pleasant. The bed was super comfortable. Everything was spotlessly clean. Breakfast was buffet style available on all floors and you brought it back to the room. Unusual but great. WIFI was free and Concierge was really good (from Sri Lanka and ordered our taxi for six people at a decent rate. Hotel is near to boat cruise and tour pickup points - just past the Trump tower and over the bridge. Would definitely return and will recommend to friends who may be visiting Chicago.

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Anne M
KinzieHotel, Front Office Manager at Kinzie Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Many thanks for the 5-star review! We’re thrilled to receive such positive guest feedback—especially about our front office team. We pride ourselves on delivering the highest level of service and it’s a pleasure to hear we came through on that promise! I’m pleased you found our newly renovated rooms and décor to your liking—especially our comfortable new Serta Perfect Sleeper Signature beds. I’m happy you enjoyed our location in downtown Chicago and were able to take advantage of our close proximity to the Chicago River. I’m further delighted to hear you enjoyed our complimentary deluxe continental breakfast and appreciated the convenience of it being served on each floor. I’m happy you enjoyed our complimentary WiFi as well. Your gracious recommendation is truly appreciated. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

We had a very good stay. Very clean, new furnishings, comfortable beds.

In a great location. You can walk to most of the architecture gems along the river. No need to pay for the tours.

Gym was ok. Could have used some resistance bands and an exercise ball, but adequate overall.

Breakfast is continental and served on your floor to take back to your room. As continental goes, above average.

Overall, we'd come back and recommend

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your kind review. We’re pleased to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us at the new Kinzie Hotel. I’m happy you found our newly renovated rooms and décor to your liking—especially our comfortable new Serta Perfect Sleeper Signature beds. I’m happy you were able to utilize our complimentary 24-hour Fitness Center but apologize that you found it lacking. There are resistance bands in the cupboard in our Fitness Center and I’m sorry that the signage indicating their location wasn’t more prominent. We appreciate your feedback and not only will we be updating the signage, but will be purchasing an exercise ball as well. I’m pleased you enjoyed our complimentary deluxe continental breakfast and appreciated the convenience of it being served on each floor. I’m happy you found our central location in the downtown River North district to your liking and were able to tour all the nearby sites. Your thoughtful recommendation is truly appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 20 August 2014

My husband and I first visited the Kinzie hotel during our first visit to Chicago in 2009 when we were dating. The location was amazing, the staff were extremely helpful and we loved the continental breakfast and cocktail hour that was included. The rooms are very comfortable and charming. Fast forward four years to 2013, my now husband was planning to propose and decided that he had to bring me back to Chicago and the Kinzie hotel! He woke me up and told me we were going on a road trip and when we arrived in Chicago 7 hours after departing Toronto and pulled into the Kinzie hotel I was thrilled! Needless to say, the Kinzie hotel is a very special place and we very much look forward to going back to celebrate many anniversaries!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your lovely feedback. We’re delighted to hear you and your husband enjoyed celebrating your engagement with us at the new Kinzie Hotel. We’re pleased you found our newly renovated rooms and décor to your liking. I’m happy you enjoyed our central location in downtown Chicago. I’m further pleased to hear you enjoyed our complimentary deluxe continental breakfast as well as our complimentary evening cocktail reception. Your 5-star recommendation is much appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you and your husband back for your next anniversary celebration!