Holiday Inn Express Chicago-Midway Airport
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewsstandard hi expressfront deskshuttle service was excellentone night stayan early flightroom was clean and comfortablerental carexpensive hotelbusiness centernext morningbuffet breakfastchoose this hotelyogurtupgraded to a suitethe hotel staffwould stay againmini fridge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Stayed here one night for business trip. Location was great - close to airport and area restaurants. Didn't use the shuttle but it's convenient for those that need it. I had a double room on first floor. Room was nice... very clean and lots of towels and pillows. Air conditioner was a little loud when fan was running. I had to call maintenance when I forgot to tuck the shower curtain in and accidentally flooded the bathroom. Maintenance men were very quick to respond and very polite and helpful. All the staff was very nice. Complimentary breakfast was also convenient. Good assortment of breakfast items. I will gladly stay here again. In fact, I've already booked for next business trip.

Room Tip: I was on first floor and noise wasn't a problem.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Melissa C
Nicole P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chicago-Midway Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

It brings a smile to our face when we hear guest have a great experience at our hotel. Our number one priority is our guest and we are ecstatic that we were able to provide a wonderful stay here for you. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience and we look forward to your next trip out to Chicago!

Reviewed 11 March 2014

Very nice hotel- staff was very friendly at the hotel but the airport driver was not! We stayed here because we were flying out of Midway and our car stayed parked at the hotel while we were gone. We got in very late and had to leave very early the next morning, so basically we just slept for a few hours. Beds and linens were comfortable and the rooms very quiet. We didn't get breakfast because we were leaving before it was set up.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the steps leading to the lobby.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank flipflop1260
Nicole P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chicago-Midway Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Hello,

Thank you for commenting on your experience here at the Holiday Inn Express Chicago Midway! I would like to first and foremost apoligize about the service that you recieved from the shuttle driver. If you have any furhter details, please contact me directly here at the hotel. I am glad that you enjoyedyour stay here at the hotel and were able to utilize the Park, Stay, & Go Package. We hope that if your travels cause you to travel from Midway that you will stay here with us again. Thanks again!

Reviewed 5 January 2014

Just returned home from a "nightmare" at Chicago Midway airport. We were stranded in Chicago for 2 days waiting to come home to Raleigh NC. The staff at the Holiday Inn Express was OUTSTANDING! They did everything in their power to make our stay wonderful. The bathroom needed renovating a bit, but the staff told me that they were in the process of doing same. The breakfast was decent, and loved that when we had to leave at 4:00 a.m. to get back to the airport (free shuttle!!) there was coffee, juice, cereal, bagels, etc. available at that early hour for us to grab and go. THANK YOU so much for "being there" for us under such bad circumstances.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Annie B
Reviewed 18 December 2013

Clean room - Room was quiet, bathroom was very clean. Opted for double room, which linens were soft. Free internet with WIFI connection which was simple to sign in. Nice internet speed with multiple devices signed in

Nice addition was free coffee bar on arrival from long commute to airport. Hotel does offer free breakfast if you want to dine in am. Plus you can park here for 15.00 a day and take the shuttle to MDW. For the money, this was a great place to stay before a 6:00 am flight.

I would recommend hotel for airport stay, worked out great for those early flights.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank LuvAirShows
Nicole P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chicago-Midway Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2013

Thank you for reviewing our property on Trip Advisor!! We appreciate your feedback! I love reading new reviews, especially great ones like yours! I'm glad that you enjoyed your room! I hope that the next time you are in the Chicago area, you will come back and stay at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Chicago Midway!! Thanks again for staying with us, and we hope to see you again soon! Best Regards!

Reviewed 2 December 2013

Older holiday inn express. Located close to Giordano's Pizza which is great. The people at the front desk were all very nice. My biggest problem was the breakfast. The person in charge of getting the food was not doing her job. Had to find her to get the food put out. Old cups and trash was not picked up from the tables and food areas.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Nicole P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chicago-Midway Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2013

Dear Deadlymantis,
Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review about your recent stay with us. Guest feedback is very important to us and we greatly appreciate your comments. I'm not sure where to begin. I'm deeply sorry and embarrassed about what you experienced here at our hotel. We want our guests to enjoy a wonderful breakfast during their stay with us and I'm so sorry that this was not the case during your stay. Your comments were shared in our team huddle this morning and we are taking corrective actions to ensure that this does not happen again. We love having you here and certainly hope we get to serve your lodging needs again. Have a great week!!