“Great service”

Holiday Inn Express Chicago-Midway Airport
Ranked #124 of 188 Hotels in Chicago
“Great service”
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

Had to check in last minute due to a series of delayed flights. I'm glad my company found this place. The young lady at the front desk, Heaven was awesome. Fast easy check in. My luggage and toiletries all flew to LA without me so I was stranded with nothing. Heaven provided me with deodorant, a comb, a shaving kit, toothbrush and toothpaste. I am very grateful for that. I will definitely be staying here next time I fly in or get stranded. Thank you Holiday Inn Express for your hospitality.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Nicole P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chicago-Midway Airport, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Hi Abraham,

Thank you for this wonderful review!! I will be sure to share your feedback with Heaven and the rest of the team. I am very happy that they were able accommodate you.

Thank you once again for the kind words and hope you have a wonderful rest of the week!

N. Patterson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Korean first
Washington
Reviewed 11 June 2014

This is a good airport hotel, with clean and comfortable rooms and an okay breakfast. My only complaint is that the information about the shuttle service to the metro station is misleading. The hotel website says that there is a "complimentary shuttle available" TO THE METRO station. Actually, the shuttle takes one to the departures section of Midway airport, and from there it's a 10 to 15 minute walk to the Metro platform. I timed us, and it never took us less than 25 minutes total from getting on the shuttle at the hotel to taking our seats in the train at the Metro platform.

This is still workable for getting to downtown Chicago, and I'd probably stay here again just because the price is so much lower than downtown hotels. However, the information on the hotel website should clarify just how long it will take to get from the hotel to downtown. I was expecting a shuttle stop just for the Metro, so I was thinking total travel time from hotel to Loop would be about 35 minutes or so. In fact, what with the walk through the airport, our total travel time from hotel to Loop was more like 55 minutes or an hour. That's fine, but travelers need to know that that's what they're getting so they can plan accordingly.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank dudley2
Nicole P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chicago-Midway Airport, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Hello,

We are so happy to hear that you had a nice stay! I will definetly take your advice and review our website in detail to correct any outdated information. Thank you so much for letting us know these things! It is through guests like you that we can provide a great hotel that guests love!! We hope to see you the next time you are in town!!

N. Patterson
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Recently stayed here for two nights on a business trip. This hotel is clean and quiet, although the prices are really high for what you get (although, this is true of Chicago hotels in general). The bathrooms are a bit old and outdated, but they're clean and functional. The beds were very comfortable and the staff is super friendly and helpful. Both days required a cab ride into downtown Chicago and the hotel staff and cabs waiting, just as we'd asked them to. Also, the airport shuttle is very convenient and the driver was really friendly. The breakfast buffet, though: not so great. There were no hot offerings either morning, even though there were stations for eggs and pancakes that remained empty. The coffee was also bad. I walked over to the Starbucks inside the Mariott next door both mornings. Overall, good, comfortable, hotel at better prices than others located in same office park. I'd stay again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Nicole P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chicago-Midway Airport, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Thank you so much for selecting our hotel! We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us at our Holiday Inn Express Chicago Midway! We appreciate you taking the time to tell others about our great service and clean rooms! I noticed that you commented on the breakfast. We put breakfast out every morning at 4am for guest that have early flights in the AM. However, the hot items are served M-F from 6:00am-9:30am and 7-10am on Saturday and Sunday. This may be the reason in which the stations were empty. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Chicago! Thanks!

Pittsburgh, PA
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Stayed here one night for business trip. Location was great - close to airport and area restaurants. Didn't use the shuttle but it's convenient for those that need it. I had a double room on first floor. Room was nice... very clean and lots of towels and pillows. Air conditioner was a little loud when fan was running. I had to call maintenance when I forgot to tuck the shower curtain in and accidentally flooded the bathroom. Maintenance men were very quick to respond and very polite and helpful. All the staff was very nice. Complimentary breakfast was also convenient. Good assortment of breakfast items. I will gladly stay here again. In fact, I've already booked for next business trip.

Room Tip: I was on first floor and noise wasn't a problem.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Melissa C
Nicole P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chicago-Midway Airport, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

It brings a smile to our face when we hear guest have a great experience at our hotel. Our number one priority is our guest and we are ecstatic that we were able to provide a wonderful stay here for you. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience and we look forward to your next trip out to Chicago!

Davenport, Iowa
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Very nice hotel- staff was very friendly at the hotel but the airport driver was not! We stayed here because we were flying out of Midway and our car stayed parked at the hotel while we were gone. We got in very late and had to leave very early the next morning, so basically we just slept for a few hours. Beds and linens were comfortable and the rooms very quiet. We didn't get breakfast because we were leaving before it was set up.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the steps leading to the lobby.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank flipflop1260
Nicole P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chicago-Midway Airport, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
Hello,

Thank you for commenting on your experience here at the Holiday Inn Express Chicago Midway! I would like to first and foremost apoligize about the service that you recieved from the shuttle driver. If you have any furhter details, please contact me directly here at the hotel. I am glad that you enjoyedyour stay here at the hotel and were able to utilize the Park, Stay, & Go Package. We hope that if your travels cause you to travel from Midway that you will stay here with us again. Thanks again!

Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Just returned home from a "nightmare" at Chicago Midway airport. We were stranded in Chicago for 2 days waiting to come home to Raleigh NC. The staff at the Holiday Inn Express was OUTSTANDING! They did everything in their power to make our stay wonderful. The bathroom needed renovating a bit, but the staff told me that they were in the process of doing same. The breakfast was decent, and loved that when we had to leave at 4:00 a.m. to get back to the airport (free shuttle!!) there was coffee, juice, cereal, bagels, etc. available at that early hour for us to grab and go. THANK YOU so much for "being there" for us under such bad circumstances.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Annie B
Machesney Park IL
Reviewed 18 December 2013 via mobile

Clean room - Room was quiet, bathroom was very clean. Opted for double room, which linens were soft. Free internet with WIFI connection which was simple to sign in. Nice internet speed with multiple devices signed in

Nice addition was free coffee bar on arrival from long commute to airport. Hotel does offer free breakfast if you want to dine in am. Plus you can park here for 15.00 a day and take the shuttle to MDW. For the money, this was a great place to stay before a 6:00 am flight.

I would recommend hotel for airport stay, worked out great for those early flights.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank LuvAirShows
Nicole P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chicago-Midway Airport, responded to this review, 27 December 2013
Thank you for reviewing our property on Trip Advisor!! We appreciate your feedback! I love reading new reviews, especially great ones like yours! I'm glad that you enjoyed your room! I hope that the next time you are in the Chicago area, you will come back and stay at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Chicago Midway!! Thanks again for staying with us, and we hope to see you again soon! Best Regards!

N Patterson
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chicago
Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Midway Airport
Sleep Inn Midway Airport
Sleep Inn Midway Airport
#3 of 5 in Bedford Park
Holiday Inn Chicago - Midway Airport
Hampton Inn Chicago-Midway Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Chicago Midway Airport
Hyatt Place Chicago Midway Airport

Been to Holiday Inn Express Chicago-Midway Airport? Share your experiences!