“amazing customer service”

Ranked #47 of 187 Hotels in Chicago
Fountain Valley, California
“amazing customer service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2012

My sister and I stayed for two nights at the Carlton. We loved the personal touches!
If you looking for a cheap motel, this the one to consider.
The staff is personable and are eager to share their ideas of things to do in Chicago. They will transport you to the train station (which is literally around the corner). The staff wants to make sure you leave Chicago with a great impression of their town! And the ride to the airport at 4:30 am by the staff was great.
The rooms are standard for a motel. The beds are standard. The room is a good size. I didn't feel terribly cramped and limited. It was clean with standard amenities. And each room has photos of the owner's dog. That tugged on my heart strings.
They don't have to put out breakfast but they do. Yogurt, bulk donuts and egg sandwiches from Dunkin Donuts.
Make no mistake. It's a big city. You need to be conscious of your surroundings. But I don't think it's a scary neighborhood.
You will be pleasantly surprised with this great gem!!

Room Tip: you can buy train passes from the front desk.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank lizrox

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
KALISPELL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2012

My daughter and I were in Chicago for a business convention. The staff at the Carlton Inn were helpful in providing a public transportation pass at a reasonable cost, printing directions to local attractions we wanted to see, offering advice on restaurants, and providing prompt shuttle service to the airport, train, and restaurants in the area.
The front desk staff found a room with two beds even though they were full . We highly recommend this hotel and plan to stay here again next year when we attend the convention.

Room Tip: Let the staff know what your needs are.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Assen, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2012

With the help of the AAA-tourbook and Map we made our choice for the Carlton Inn because of its location. It proved to be a very good choice as we could simply walk to the elevated train station and reach 'The Loop' in about 20/25 minutes.
We got excellent advice at the desk about where to go foor food and the attractions and bought (at the desk) 3-days public transport cards and 3-day hop-on hop-off cards for the trolley/bus system.
All this helped to make our 3-day stay a great success. The room was fine and breakfast was good as well.
We can certainly recommend the Carlton Inn to anyone looking for a place to stay during a touristic trip to Chicago!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Palm Bay, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2012

Clean room in with no unpleasent surprises. Comfortable bed to give us a good nights sleep,
Mini frig kept our drinks cold and a microwave heated our morning coffee. We were pleased with
our choice when we entered the room. What really set this place apart from other place we stayed
at was a staff that exceded any of our past experiences. Shuttled us from and to Midway airport.
Offered rides to and from nearby stores. Just friendly helpful people.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Stella S
Coventry, Rhode Island
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2012

I travel for business and this has to be one of the best over all places to say.

I stayed here for one week on business and not only found the staff very helpful in every aspect. From places to go ,see, also giving helpful hints about rental cars and some great places to eat. The room was cleaned to perfection everyday and quite unless my door was open I did not hear and airplane. I have to go back this year and I am looking forward to staying with the Carlton Inn again.

Joe Q.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Joe Q
austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2012

I happened into the hotel by accident and was very happy I did. Loved the staff! They were very helpful and full of information about the area. They bent over backwards to offer rides and were very friendly while doing it. I felt like I had known them for years.

The room, although a tiny bit dated, was recently remodeled and upgraded. Good Internet, TV and kitchenette.

The location was perfect for a short Chicago visit. Free parking at hotel and the metro was within a short walk.

I highly recommend this hotel and will be back as soon as I get the chance to get to Chicago again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank kevind191
Flaxville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2012

My family and I stayed there for five days and four nights, the staff was great, and very helpful on how togo places and where togo and also in helping pick us up from airport, taking us to the car rental, or anywhere else we needed to go.

Room Tip: use the help from the front desk if you need it they will bend over backwards to help you
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family