“Food was very good and plentiful”

Pearl's Place Restaurant
Ranked #812 of 10,147 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Buffet
Description: Located in Chicago's prestigious Bronzeville Community, just 5 mins from Downtown and the South Loop area, Pearl's Place offers a unique experience, combining delicious home-style foods with the service and attention of a fine-dining restaurant. We offer the best, freshly-prepared breakfast, lunch and dinner buffets in town, featuring southern soul food selections prepared and served by our professional and accredited chefs.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We were in town for a short visit and wanted to experience some southside cuisine. I must admit that it was very good with hearty sides. Had to take half home and no room for desert. The only drawback was the parking. You can street park or park at next door motel which was a scene from Chicago PD....smile.
Overall it was a good experience.

Reviewed 29 December 2017 via mobile

Mediocre food for a very high cost
Looked old and not fresh, not many customers present during dinner time on a Friday
They serve you from the buffet, you cannot serve yourself ... hard to control portions of what they give you that way
They also limit how often you can go back to the buffet
You must also finish your plate or they charge you more
I know this sounds crazy for a buffet
but wait
They charge you $19.95 for it
Definitely not worth the money !!

1  Thank rnamro
Pearlsplace, Owner at Pearl's Place Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2017

Although we appreciate you having given us the opportunity, even on such a cold winter night, we’re very sorry to hear you did not enjoy your visit to Pearl’s Place. Not sure who gave you misinformation - our dine-in buffet is served continuously “all you can eat” and we do not charge for additional helpings. Our service staff is always available to attend to your needs or replenish your plate with any of the dozens of frequently changing selections on our famous buffet.

You are more than welcome to return. And next time introduce yourself to us. There’s always a manager on duty, and frequently he’s one of the owners.

Reviewed 12 December 2017

Went there for Thanks giving and it was good. I just don't understand why they offer buffet or order individually since it would be a "No brainer" to go buffet if you have a hearty appetite and spend less. Their Mac and Cheese is good as well as their turkey for thanksgiving. Their Jerk Turkey was terrible trying to do Jamaican in a soul food place. Collard Greens was OK but their signature house sausage was "Yummy!"

Thank you for visiting us and enjoying our buffet. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 19 November 2017

My husband and I searched the web for a soul food restaurant during our visit to Chicago. Luckily, we found Pearl's Place on a raining Friday evening. We opted for the dinner buffet. It was an extensive buffet of various meats and veggies. I had jerk chicken, bbq ribs, beans and rice, greens, spinach, macaroni and cheese, and salad. Our waitress, named Diamond provided excellent service. Alcohol is not served so I ordered a soft drink. I chose not to drink my soda because I wanted to finish eating my delicious food. My husband ordered peach cobble and told me that I had to order it even if I had to take it to go. I did take it to go and ate it for breakfast the next day. We received great hospitality, even from other customers who overheard that we were from out of town. Chicago is our kind of town and Pearl's Place has our kind of food.

1  Thank Jackie F

A great big thank you from your new friends in Chicago! I will share your comments with your server Diamond. I’ll bet she’ll remember you too.

Reviewed 5 November 2017 via mobile

If you’re looking for Soul Food, this is the place! The atmosphere was great, casual, yet a very nice touch of white linen tablecloths and the white coated waiters & waitress. I was with a party of 4 and we all had the lunch buffet. There was a variety food, all was very tasty and satisfying. The cobblers were great too!

Been to Pearl's Place Restaurant? Share your experiences!