“Avenue Q”

35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Avenue Q”
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

This show was amazing and for a small theatre this was one of the best shows I have ever seen. This is superb. I love small theatre and the show here is amazing. The voices on the actors were stunning and were in perfect sync.

1 Thank cracklepop

Janesville, Wisconsin
48 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Hidden Gem!”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

This is a fantastic little gem! We paid $12 to valet park and that came In handy since there was a baseball game that night and not a parking spot to be found. The theatre is very small and intimate. Feels like among family and friends. There is an Irish pub hooked to it, which came in handy at intermission. We paid $45 a ticket to see Avenue Q and it was so worth it. Seats were just a few rows from the stage and we had purchased them only two days before at the last minute. I can't wait to see another production at this venue! You really can't get a bad seat, not even in the balcony. I felt like I was in someone's living room.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank GBPackerFan4evah
Davenport, Iowa
3 attraction reviews
“Easy to get to...”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

My teenage grandsons chose Avenue Q at the Mercury theater. I usually choose a loop theater. The Red Line it looked doable. The Red line runs every 8 minutes and my Yahoo map said to get off at Sheridan. I called the theater. The box office staff was very cooperative and said the walk from the subway would be pleasant with many choices for eating and shopping.
We ate at the restaurant on the right of the Mercury. We had a drink on the left side. We saw Avenue Q. A great lively production. We especially enjoyed Leah Morrow as Katie Monster but the whole cast was delightful. We hiked back to the Subway and were soon back to our hotel downtown. No taxi or parking problem. Mercury will be on our radar for the next Chicago visit. The ticket price is right also.

Visited June 2014
Chicago, Illinois
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Live theater on Southport”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Located a few doors north of Chicago's legendary Music Box theater, the Mercury is a live stage venue. It's best to phone and assure something is booked. Parking is available at a nearby elementary school. Both theaters are a short walk south from Irving Park Rd., and not too far west of Wrigley Field.
The Mercury if often the venue for great shows, and highly recommended. There are many eateries and unique shopping along Southport; a fun part of Chicago.

Visited May 2014
Davenport, Iowa
3 attraction reviews
“Wonderful Avenue Q”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

It was a great production. Nice theater and nice neighborhood for walking and eating. It was a long walk from the Red Line subway, but worth the time and effort.

Visited June 2014