“Awesome!”

Boiler Room
Ranked #2,060 of 9,877 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

Seriously an awesome place to check out. The people super friendly! My friends and I had a great time there. We didn't have anything to eat but we went on a Monday night and there was a decent crowd for the pies.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Chicago in winter, what comes to mind in the middle of a blizzard? Pizza and salad of course and within easy reach was Boiler Room. Situated on N Carolina diagonally opposite the L at California-O'Hare, it does not advertise itself well from street level. But inside is a welcoming, noisy bar and pizza establishment that also does takeaways. The night we visited whatever you took out would have frozen within yards of leaving the door.

Their pizzas are all hand made in the restaurant kitchen, open to view as they expertly toss the dough. Whole pizzas cost about £14 and are too big for one averagely hungry Brit. Various salads with grilled chicken are about £6. This being America means half a chicken so it's good value. Mac and cheese seems to be a local favourite with many diners sharing a pizza, mac and cheese and other appetisers.

The bar specialises in cocktails and spirits on special offer, along with a small range of average wines and excellent beers.

If this were in the UK it would make a killing.

1  Thank MRT53
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Great place for pizza and a nice selection of craft beers. Great waitress and atmosphere. We ordered the 4 cheese pizza for 5 people and was plenty for all. The ice cream with jameson added is a must!

Reviewed 13 December 2013

Great, great, great atmosphere! Get a slice you won't regret it! My personal fav is the pepperoni! Oh and get a shot of Jameson at the bar from Eric!

Reviewed 15 November 2012

...this place being awesome. I was for a unique place to experience something different from the run-of-the-mill knockoffs which litter Chicago's neighborhoods. From the outside, this place looks unassuming, but once inside, I was sold on an artistic masterpiece of an interior made from old components of CTA 'L' trains. The interior is one of the most brilliantly done layouts and must have taken a ton of man hours to complete. Outstanding to behold. I wasn't sold yet because I didn't eat yet. I love Jameson Irish Whiskey; they have it on TAP. And Jameson ice cream. Yes. It was marvelous. The pizza I ordered was grand. The menu is as unique as the place is eccentric. The waitress serving me was patient and very informative. One of the coolest places I've been to as a Chicagoan.

1  Thank MrCrossIsBoss

Been to Boiler Room? Share your experiences!