“Don't book here to sleep.”

Aloft Chicago City Center
Ranked #44 of 190 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersSilver level
Kirkland, Washington
“Don't book here to sleep.”
Reviewed 22 February 2014

2 out of the 4 times I have been here..... No sleep. Not the fire trucks but the wild in room parties. When I spoke to the front desk I was told "well it's Friday night and they are having fun". At 11:45? When they knocked on the door they told the partners " why do you have to scream?" And that happened over and over. Thought I would come back and take a nap this afternoon, no luck the parties are awake and stating over again. Just make sure you are not coming here to sleep, none of that is allowed.

Room Tip: Just decide before hand if you plan to try to sleep.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Craig P, General Manager at Aloft Chicago City Center, responded to this review, 7 March 2014
Dear Amanda,

Sleep in a very important component of a hotel stay, and I apologize that you encountered disturbances during your visit. Please know that we do address all noise complaints, and the guests in question did leave the hotel for the night after our warning. We would welcome the opportunity to serve you again and provide you the peaceful night you deserve.

Craig Pearson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed 22 February 2014

As a Starwood Gold member who normally stays in the Westin or Sheraton properties, I decided to give an Aloft property a visit (due to price and location in the city for my particular meetings). It is a fun, hip and comfortable hotel. Adequate rooms, fun decor. Would certainly consider staying here again if I need to be in the River North area of the City.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank 515travels
Thanks for giving aloft a try! We love that we impressed you on your first visit. Please do think of us the next time you are in Chicago.

Cave Creek, Arizona
Reviewed 12 February 2014

Visited the hotel during XMAS holidays. It was very cold outside, comfortable inside. the room was modern, great view of city, fantastic bed. The staff was very pleasant and eager to help in anyway. Be aware that the restaurant that you walk to through connecting lobbies is run by another company. We enjoyed having breakfast, food and coffee were great. Modern environment, in the Spring and Summer it must be very popular. Also they do not have a garage. Check with the hotel as to where to park and how far to walk.

Room Tip: the room we had faced the post office and McDonald's both of these were one story so no obstruct...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank leotol
Craig P, General Manager at Aloft Chicago City Center, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay. Our parking garage is located two short blocks from the hotel, and we also provide valet services at the hotel entrance. While Beatrix is not directly run by our hotel, we are partners with a common goal of providing a great experience for all of our guests. We look forward to your next arrival.

Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed 10 February 2014

I truely loved the room, it was spacious I loved the view, the convience, the bathrooms were awesome! The rooms were really relaxing. The customer service was excellent. I had a really great experience at this hotel this was my first time staying here and it definitely will not be my last! Everything was just perfect!

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank tallisall
We love to hear that everything was perfect during your stay, and that you plan on staying with us again real soon. It's quite a compliment!

Many Thanks,

Northville, MI
Reviewed 9 February 2014

Great rate in the city with a good location. However, the windows are paper thin and there is a fire station right down stairs. It must have been a busy night for emergencies in the city, but I didn't sleep for more than an hour straight given all the sirens from the street. I won't return.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Matt,

I apologize that you barely slept a wink. I understand your hesitation to return, but we would relish the opportunity to serve you again. Please know that while they lack the view, our rear facing rooms are much quieter. I am cofident that upon your next stay we will have you counting sheep, sawing logs and waking up fresh as a daisy.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 5 February 2014

This is a new and trendy hotel. I stayed here for one night. The room was pretty basic, a comfy bed plus a bathroom. Everything was nice and clean. I did find lighting in the shower a bit too dim. The lighting at the sink area was also a little odd. The overall lighting in the room reminded me of a dorm room. I hope they can make some improvements on lighting/ambience, unless this is the style they are going for.

One major annoyance: The walls are very thin. If you’re sensitive to noise, I would not recommend this place because you could hear sirens from outside or your next door neighbor.

Major pluses: Location is great. It is close to Michigan Ave and some good restaurants. The restaurant adjacent to the hotel lobby (Beatrix) is actually pretty decent, though it is not affiliated with the hotel.

I enjoyed my stay here overall and would return. If you are looking contemporary and chic this would work for you. I see Aloft as a budget version of the W Hotels. If you are looking for something more luxurious, this is not for you.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sandi S
Aggiegirl,

Thank you for sharing your experiences during your visit. I apologize that you encountered any annoyances during your stay. We are delighted that you intend on staying again so we may deliver an experience you deserve.

Fishers, IN
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Stayed there just before Christmas. I would stay there again. The room was nicely decorated, quiet and clean. The décor was fun. The front desk staff were friendly and accommodating. Not quite where the shopping is, but there are some good restaurants close by. Parking is expensive in Chicago and the Aloft offering is not an exception. On the weekends one could save $20 by parking a couple of blocks away.

If you don't mind walking a few blocks to shopping and can get a good rate, then you should consider the Aloft.

Room Tip: Our window faced a brick wall, so if a view is important, you might want to request a room that does...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family