“Great hotel and location”

Aloft Chicago City Center
Ranked #47 of 188 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersSilver level
LONDON (UK)
“Great hotel and location”
Reviewed 25 August 2014

We'll designed rooms, hip feel, excellent restaurant next door called Beatrix. If you go for breakfast there you won't be disappointed. Staff were helpful when we had to use them. PC and printer available for free.Overall good for short city break.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Craig P, Manager at Aloft Chicago City Center, responded to this review, 29 August 2014
We are glad you enjoyed the hotel and restaurant!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
cincinnati
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Cool hip hotel,I think they are trying to cater to the younger crowd.The location is really good right in the heart of all the cool restaurants and bars.The rooms are not huge but they are well organized and the beds are maybe the best i've ever slept in,it feels like you are sleeping on a cloud.The workout facility for a hotel is really good,I like to workout everyday and there is plenty to work with.Overall great place to stay!!!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for the great comments!
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 25 August 2014

My parents and I went to Chicago last week and stayed at this hotel. We were definitely impressed at how clean the whole hotel is and how accommodating the staff were. We love how there were bodywash and shampoo/conditioner already provided for us (they have their own dispenser in the bathroom). This hotel also provided us two complementary Dasani water bottles that they replaced everytime we drank and finished one of them. We would definitely love to stay at this hotel again!

I sure hope the hotel and its staff will keep up its good work! :)

Green Features: Aloft has a rewards programs that lets you earn points and for every day that you forego room cleaning, they will add points to your account.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
We will certainly keep up the good work for your next visit!
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 24 August 2014

Overall, my wife and I had a great stay at the Aloft Chicago City Center. Great downtown location!

Staff
- Great. Front desk personnel were very nice and check-in was quick.

Room
- Clean and modern. Nice view. I have status at Starwood and was told that there are no upgrades as all rooms are the same in this building. Maybe an oversight when they were designing the room format, but not a deal breaker for me. The room is actually the only reason that I'm not giving my review 5 stars. The walls and door are very thin. I could hear my neighbors put up and down their shades at random hours of the night. I could hear everything that was going on in the hallways - conversations, door opening/closing, etc. I'm not sure if there is something they can do, but any way to better soundproof would make this hotel 5 star.

Housekeeping
- We didn't have service while I stayed. I like Starwood's program where you can opt out of service for a few extra points or money off the restaurant. Great work.

Price
- Our price was great. I see that some have complained about the price. As someone who comes to Chicago regularly, it's important to note that Chicago hotel pricing is extremely volatile and is all based on occupancy. I've been forced to stay in much lesser hotels for $400+ due to the city's occupancy. Don't blame Aloft if they follow the same pricing model. Blame your timing of visiting Chicago. It's just how it is.

All in all, great stay and I'd come back.

Room Tip: Elevators are slow. Stay on the 2nd floor so you can walk up/down.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for the great review and feedback. We hope to see you again on your next visit to Chicago!
Reviewed 24 August 2014

We stayed here for 10 days while moving house. 2 adults and two kids. I had not stayed at a higher end limited service before, so was not quite sure what to expect. Very pleasantly surprised. First the staff were fantastic in all areas. Any service need such as new towels, scanning, crib was provided very efficiently. Room was very comfortable - two queen beds and by putting one crib at the bottom of the beds and the other in the bathroom, we were pretty comfortable, although slightly crowded. Found the washing machines in basement a huge bonus for family laundry. Restaurant that is "affiliated" with hotel (Beatrix) was good although long wait at weekends. Only other small gripe was that room cleaning was often later in the day, which could be inconvenient. Found that the "larder" had most snacking needs and location obviously allowed for huge dining diversity outside of the hotel. In addition, could store limited food in refrigerator. Very convenient for River North and Michigan Avenue activities. Close to EL and plenty of cabs. Overall, as good as I think it could have been. Very pleased to have chosen.

Room Tip: Higher, probably better
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
We are always happy to surprise for the good! Come back and see us soon!
Millersville, Missouri
Reviewed 23 August 2014

My best friend and I went to Chicago for the weekend. This was the first time we had been to Chicago so we wanted to stay in a trendy hotel. When we got out of the cab the valet were very nice and helpful. Upon entering the hotel it was beautiful. A great use of color and patterns. The front desk was extremely nice and accomodating. They had an area with a pool table and games.The restaurant in the hotel was very busy day and night which gave the hotel a lot of excitement. We had appetizers and champagne outside on the sidewalk. The food was great and they had a good selection of wine and spirits. You could feel the vibe of Chicago all around. It was centrally located to everywhere we wanted to go so no outrageous cab fares to anywhere. The beds were amazing. I seriously have debated about buying one for my house. We were on the 16th floor so you heard a little of the city but not enought to keep you up at night. After our stay we are definitly going to stay there again the next time we go to Chicago.

Room Tip: I would suggest asking for a higher floor to avoid some of the noise from the city
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
We can't wait to have you back!
New York City, New York
Reviewed 21 August 2014

This is the fourth time or so that I've stayed at the Aloft hotel in Chicago, City Center. I have to say that I've also stayed a number of times at the Houston Aloft and recently at the O'Hare Airport version, which are both sorry and tired in comparison to this one.
I really appreciate the consistency with which this hotel operates and it is in a great, convenient location.
The rooms are spacious for basic rooms and always very clean and well kept. The staff is friendly and very accommodating.
It is the Beatrix restaurant, located within the lobby, that is the real star here though.
Delicious and, again, very consistent with the quality. Great wine list and slightly addictive baked goods; I always have at least breakfast here during my stays.
Plenty of nightlife and restaurants in the surrounding areas and within walking distance of Michigan Ave. shops.
Reasonable prices will have me returning on a regular basis, just wish they could work out the kinks in the other Aloft hotels, because it is a wonderful concept.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for the great review. It's great to hear you are having consistently good experiences at both the hotel and restaurant.