“Great location” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #58 of 187 Hotels in Chicago
Pasig
“Great location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

This is a great place to stay in downtown Chicago because it's near the Magnificent Mile and there are plenty of places to eat (like RPM Italian Bistro), buy things you need at 7-11, shop, grocery and near the attractions as well. The subway is near and so are the bus stops. The rooms are neat and new with big bathrooms unlike other hotels. There was also a breakfast provided but my mom wished that there was boiled eggs though. The front desk staff were friendly and so are the doormen! I will definitely stay there again if I go back! The only problem is that it's near the fire station however, during my stay, I was never really awaken by their sirens, so I guess we couldn't really hear it from our floor. They do have a solution for it because they provided all the rooms with earplugs.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Joshua S, Manager at Hyatt Place Chicago / River North, responded to this review, 31 May 2014
Greetings Art,

From your review, it sounds like you really made your way around Chicago, and enjoyed some serious eats along the way. We appreciate you taking the time to share your review, and for being our guest.

Assistant General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (211)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

I loved the convenience of the location (steps from all the attractions, the subway, grocery and liquor store around the corner and the famous Pizzeria Uno just a block away) and the relatively new furniture and washroom.
Breakfast is adequate and has healthy options, though I wished there were some simple hard-boiled eggs. I also went jogging in the Millennium park, which was one of the highlights of the stay. Very, very pleasant.
Great beds - I slept like a baby. On the downside, rooms overlooking the street were a bit noisy at night, mostly due to incessant car honking (why? why do people need to do it??), but I had some ear plugs, so it wasn't an issue. At least in the morning I had a great view on the downtown and the Sears Tower.
Excellent service, like others already said.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank zelly111
I also will never understand why some folks needlessly honk their horns, so I can see how that would be frustrating. I hope the earplugs offered some relief, but in the future, please feel free to request a rear facing room to avoid the impact of the traffic noises. We would welcome the opportunity to have you rest easy in one of our Grand Hyatt beds once more.

Safe Travels,

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

I visited this hotel for business during the week of May 5, 2014 and was delighted with the accommodations and the service. Everyone I encountered at the front desk was friendly and helpful; I received especially great service from Joy and Alex. The room was clean and well-appointed and featured the most comfortable bed I remember having in a hotel (I travel every other week for business, so this is high praise). I enjoyed the variety and quality of items available at the complimentary breakfast, and I found the coffee/snack bar particularly convenient. All this coupled with an ideal location in the River North neighborhood made this hotel a winner!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Best hotel out of four? We like those numbers!

Jumping from multiple hotels in one week can be taxing, so I am pleased that the Grand Hyatt bed was able to offer some support. I appreciate you giving me the opportunity to acknowledge Alex and Joy for their service. I will be certain to share your review with them. We appreciate any praise we receive from our guests, but it's especially flattering coming from such a seasoned traveler. We hope to see you the next time business brings you to Chicago.

Best,

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

Very convenient location close to miracle mile. Clean room. Room was nice and roomy. Great price. Would recommend highly. Great breakfast, fast and convenient. Nice people who work there. Will definitely go back

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

Thank you for sharing your impressions of Hyatt Place. We thank you for the compliments on our nice staff and "roomy" rooms. Please consider us the next time you visit Chicago.

Suffolk, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

Excellent location and service.
One draw back was having a room on the side of the hotel that
is across the street from the fire station. Fire trucks went out several times a night with horns blaring. The other problem was my room was on the second floor next to a conference room.
There were people in the hall outside my door laughing and talking at 7:00 on a Saturday morning. Not good.
Other than that I really enjoyed my two night stay there due to the area and again the service.

Room Tip: Ask for one on the side away from the fire station and avoid the conference rooms.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Dottie S
Dear Dottie,

It's unfortunate that your stay was negatively impacted by noisy neighbors, both internal and external. We welcome the opportunity to have your return so we may do our best to give you the restful night you deserve. Please feel welcome to contact me prior to your next arrival.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

The rooms are so clean and stylish and quite large. The location was perfect in walking distance to every where you want to visit. The beed is so comfortable and at the end , price is so reasonable. Strongly recommended.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

Joshua S, Manager at Hyatt Place Chicago / River North, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Thank you for the review! We appreciate the fact that you found our rooms to be stylish and comfortable. Our Grand Hyatt beds make bedtime a luxury experience, especially after walking in the city all day! Please come see us again soon.

Warm Regards,

Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014

Excellent Value - in Chicago. Rooms are clean and spacious. Love the 24/7 ability to get a quick drink, late night snack etc. Breakfast included in the price, lots of options. Location was perfect for all the attractions as well as within walking distance of the meeting location.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Joshua S, Manager at Hyatt Place Chicago / River North, responded to this review, 10 May 2014
As a fellow night owl, I also appreciate the ability to get something to eat 24/7. Many of our business travelers can work very late or start very early, so we do our best to help you do your best. Thanks for being a guets of Hyatt Place. We hope to see you very soon.

Warm Regards,