Hyatt Place Chicago / River North
  • Room Service
US$452
US$370
  • Restaurant
Central Loop Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$664
US$508
  • Restaurant
The Talbott Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$771
US$692
US$832
Hotelpower.com
1,944 results
All reviewsfire stationriver northgreat locationwhite noise machinefire departmentfree breakfastthe breakfast areastreet noisebreakfast sandwichsofa bedwould definitely stay here againgreat place to staylight sleeperyogurtwithin walking distanceself parksitting area
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Clean, fresh, excellent staff, and well located. Not as well appointed as the higher end Hyatts, but plenty good for a modestly priced business hotel. Room was clean with all I needed. B'fast was adequate, although the area was crowded with families. But that soon thinned out, allowing space for meetings with business colleagues in the public areas. Great restaurants nearby. Staff were exceptionally helpful and could not have done more to assist with my needs. Fitness facility was clean and well appointed.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

This is a nice hotel in the Hyatt Place chain but the noise from the fire station runs 24 hours a day and the hotel is not insulated against it. while I found my room comfortable, I was next to the elevator and ice machine even though I requested that I be somewhere far away from it. The ice machine was very noise even inside of my room. The staff was accommodating in trying to fix the situation and turned the machine off. However the noise from people coming and go on the elevator at all hours was crazy. I was also surprised to find pubic hair on my bathroom floor, and shower when checking in and urine on the toilet seat. The staff again was quick to rectify the situation, but as everyone knows, once the spoiled its pretty hard to fix.

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
Joshua S, Manager at Hyatt Place Chicago / River North, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2014

Please accept my sincere apologies for the issues you encountered during your stay. I don't want any of my guests to have an experience like yours. Please feel welcome to reach out to a member of management prior to your next arrival so we may provide you with the experience you deserve.

Warm Regards,

Joshua Schreib
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed 14 June 2014

We had an amazing stay at the Hyatt Place hotel! We stayed at this hotel for five days, a girls getaway, celebrating my daughters graduation from high school. We were instantly greeted by many members of the staff when we first walked in. Our room was spotless and comfortable. The breakfast was pretty good and we were grateful they offered it. The staff was beyond great! I have stayed at many hotels and have never been treated so well by the staff. Ruba, and I believe it was Rachel and Natalie as well as other front desk staff were very helpful! They were always willing to help us with directions or anything else we needed. Dwayne and Joe were incredibly kind and helpful. They would always ask us about our plans for the day or when we returned how our day was. They went above and beyond and were always willing to help with whatever was needed. The location of the hotel is convenient- just a few blocks from the red line. There were plenty of restaurants near by. We really enjoyed our stay at the Hyatt, it made our time in Chicago even better! We will definitely recommend this hotel to others and would love to have the opportunity to stay again. Thank you!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
Reviewed 13 June 2014

I have stayed in many hotels around the country these past few years and I recently have switched from choosing Marriot to Hyatt. Hyatt River North was my second expierence staying at a Hyatt chain and the staff here was extremely fun and helpful. I specifically remember a young woman named Rachel helping me find the perfect restaurant for my co-workers and I and retrieved a bellman to call a cab for us immediately. Another extremely outgoing young man who I believe was named Ayietay shared a few nice conversations with me and gave me some good ideas of things to do. The breakfast was pretty good, and the bellman handled all of our bags checking in and checking out. This River North location definitely set a good example for other Hyatt hotels. I will certainly be back to this location again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Great Room, day light, space very confortable bed.
my room was not ready at check in time but the front office guy "Malik" who speak french was helpful and very guest oriented, very appreciated.
overall the hyatt is a great place to stay, just try to avoid group at breakfast or be ready to flight early morning.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Joshua S, Manager at Hyatt Place Chicago / River North, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2014

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor. We are fortunate to have multi-lingual staff to assist with travelers from out of the country. I'm delighted that you felt welcome at our hotel and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Josh Schreib