Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown/River North
Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$320
US$274
Sofitel
US$226
US$190
  • Room Service
La Quinta Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$256
Hilton Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$327
US$271
  • Restaurant
Kimpton Hotel Allegro(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$255
US$218
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsfire stationbreakfast staffriver northfire departmentfront deskthe breakfast areaprovide ear plugsillinois stgreat locationlight sleeperdirectly across the streetfree breakfastfloor facingbreakfast was deliciouswithin walking distancenavy pierself parking
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Will definitely stay here again on future visits to Chicago. Convenient location from Blue Line when coming in from Ohare. The staff was most friendly and gracious. The room was moldern, impeccably clean and well appointed. And very quiet. I did not hear any noise from street or the fire station.

Room Tip: ask for room away from the street side of building
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Matt N, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown/River North, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Our hotel mission is to be the cleanest and friendliest hotel, so I am very happy that this was your experience and that you took the time to share with everyone! Glad to see that you have your new "go-to" hotel in Chicago and we look forward to seeing you back soon.

Regards,

Reviewed 10 May 2014

I stayed in the Fairfield for 3 nights. The hotel was conveniently located for the places I went to. The staff was very friendly, especially Brianna. The breakfast was nice, with a selection of fresh fruit and a pot of hot oatmeal, along with the typical hotel breakfast buffet fare. The workout room was fine, with a number of nice treadmills and a few pieces of other equipment. I was pleasantly surprised to find they sold bottled water in their mini-store for a cheaper price (about $1.10) than the local 7-11. The room was very comfortable, clean, and very nice.

2 negatives: at night it was pretty noisy from traffic, with the fire station across the street. And I was up on the 10th floor. Next time I stay I will ask for a room on the other side, although I am not sure it will be much better. It didn't bother me much, I woke but went right back to sleep.
Also, it seemed like most of the time only 1 elevator was working. Often I had to wait for a while for an elevator going down from the 10th floor. In the morning, the elevator filled by the 4th or 5th floor and people on lower floors probably ended up walking the stairs.

All in all, I would stay there again and request a room on a high floor, facing away from the fire station.

Room Tip: Get a room facing away from the fire station and on at least the 6th floor so you can get on the elevator in the morning.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to add to our online reputation and for recognizing Brianna's hard work! Glad to see that you enjoyed most aspects of our hotel and even though you did notice some of the city noises that it didn't bother you terribly. All of our standard king rooms are in the rear of the hotel and we will do our best to get you into one of those next time should you return! We did run into some elevator issues last week, however that is not typical and all elevators are currently working properly. Thank you again for the review and we look forward to seeing you back soon!

Reviewed 9 May 2014

I will start with the positives first...the staff is fantastic! Brianna at the front desk was so friendly and helpful. She remembered our names after only meeting us a few hours earlier. She was able to check us in early and helped me deal with a few frustrating moments. Robert, a bellman, was great! He was so funny, and treated us like family! He was able to guide us to the right bus and provide us with directions to where we needed to go. Helped us with our bags and was just great, overall! The hotel is beautiful. Very clean, comfortable beds, nice shower, super yummy breakfast :). Here are the negatives...the Chicago fire dept is located right across the street! While my family was able to sleep through the 6 calls in the middle of the night, I was not as lucky. Brianna provided us with earplugs and a sound machine, but they weren't enough. My real complaint is not the fire dept being so close, but that I did not know they were across the street when I booked the room. I would have chosen a different hotel or asked to stay in a room on the other side. The sirens is the only thing that would keep me from staying here again! Everything else was great!

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the fire station
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Matt N, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown/River North, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to add to our online reputation! We are very fortunate to have a dedicated team here and I am very happy to see that Brianna and Robert were able to make your stay that much more enjoyable. All of our standard king rooms are in the rear of the hotel and tend to be much more sheltered from the city noises should that room type be able to accommodate you in the future!

Reviewed 7 May 2014

This is a newly opened Fairfield Marriott. Rooms were exceptionally clean, staff was above and beyond nice, and free breakfast was good. The only thing that some people might find annoying is the fire station directly across the street, although the staff did provide ear plugs in the room.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Thank you very much for the kind review! We strive to be the cleanest and friendliest hotel and I am glad that this resonated during your stay. We look forward to seeing you back soon!

Reviewed 6 May 2014

Weekend in Chicago was perfect! The Fairfield Inn was a great choice! The location was perfect! Close walking distance to most site seeing activities. Hotel was immaculate, guest services could not have been any more accommodating, friendly and professional and the guest rooms were clean, full of amenities, and scenic. Breakfast was delicious. Stephanie at the front desk was so helpful! I would highly recommend this hotel and stay there on my next trip!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Matt N, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown/River North, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Our mission is to be the cleanest and friendliest, so thank you for taking the time to recognize those efforts! Stephanie is a wonderful asset on our team and I will be sure that she sees this very kind review. Thank you again for the recommendation and we look forward to seeing you back soon!