“Enjoyable Stay - Ideal Location”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown/River North
Ranked #19 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Our recent stay at Fairfield Inn and Suites was very enjoyable and easy. From the moment we walked in the door at about 12:30 pm on the day of our arrival (expecting to just leave our luggage until we could check in at 3:00 pm and pleasantly surprised that we could check in immediately) until the moment we departed 4 days later we were treated like royalty by the staff. Danielle at the front desk is just incredible. The job she did in making us feel welcome and "at home" was fantastic. Her personality just shines and really affects the entire lobby atmosphere. The other staff always had a smile on their faces and were all very helpful, kind and pleasant as well. The room was very nicely decorated, clean, with a "new" feel to it. The breakfast area and food were nice. I would definitely stay here again when I come back to Chicago to visit.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Matt N, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown/River North, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2014

Thank you for this very thoughtful and kind review, I will be sure to share this with Danielle and celebrate a job well done with our entire team. We truly care about our guest's experience with us and I am very pleased to see that this commitment resonated during your stay. We look forward to seeing you back sometime soon!

Reviewed 8 July 2014

My husband and kids (aged 5 & 10) absolutely loved this hotel. Fantastic staff that knew customer service, great warm breakfast, polite and helpful concierge that we could purchase our trolley tour from and the room itself was modern, clean and exactly the location to all the places we wanted to see. Definitely a great hotel!

• Stayed: July 2014
Matt N, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown/River North, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Thank you very much Smalls! We were recently awarded the Certificate of Excellence for 2014 from TripAdvisor and that is because of kind guests like you that take the time to share your experience with everyone, so thank you again! We look forward to seeing you and your family back sometime soon!

Reviewed 7 July 2014

I cannot be anymore impressed on how well everything was during our long weekend stay. From front of the house to the back on the house. Staff was wonderful and went above an beyond to accommodate my needs. I had last minute changes to my reservation and the hotel staff fulfilled their duty of making it a pleasant stay for us. I will be staying here in the future & highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Matt N, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown/River North, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Thank you for sharing your kind words with everyone! Our guest's satisfaction is our #1 priority and we have adopted the mentality when it comes to requests that if we can do it, we will do it no questions asked. Thank you again for choosing our hotel and for the recommendation and we look forward to seeing you back sometime soon!

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Great downtown location, just 10 mins away from N. Michigan Ave and about 20-25 mins to the Navy Pier. We're there on July 4th weekend, the town was filled with people. I have to say it was indeed very lively outside the street and the fire station was pretty busy. The buzz would go off every now and then but we're on the 10th floor and were so tired after a long day out, so the buzzing of of the fire truck and ambulance didn't bother us that much.

The room was very new, clean and has everything that we need. Breakfast was standard. The bed was very comfortable and the air unit was good compare to other hotels, it doesn't make load noises.

We had a great experience at this hotel and would look into more Fairfield stay even in other cities in the future.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for choosing our hotel this past weekend for your accommodations during the 4th of July festivities in the area! No doubt about it that the city was very lively all weekend, and I am glad to hear that you were able to partake in the fun and that it did not disturb you during your sleep. I am also pleased that we could provide you with a positive impression of the Fairfield brand - these are what all the new ones are looking like, so get excited for some other great Fairfield around the world as well!

Reviewed 6 July 2014

The hotel and staff were nice, no complaints on that front. However, from 1am until 3:30 am there was nothing but honking, laughing, yelling and fighting on the street outside the hotel. There must be nightclubs around the corner or something. One wall of our room was entirely windows so there was no way you could sleep through it. I had three teenage boys with me who were exhausted so if they couldn't sleep through it no one could. Only stay here if you are going to stay up until 3 am because at $250+/night, to not get sleep is a disgrace. If you need to get sleep, go somewhere else. On top of that, we were just blocks from the freeway which I knew ahead of time and was counting on to get to where we needed to be on time the next day. I paid $62 + tip to valet park and when we were leaving the parking valet gave me directions to the freeway, which agreed with what I already knew. Well you couldn't get to the freeway at the entrance close by due to a massive road contraction project. It took me nearly 30 min to get on the freeway and I was late to where I needed to be. For what you pay to valet park, the hotel and it's valets need to be on top of that. Really really second rate service in that regard.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Matt N, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown/River North, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. While I am pleased that you were completely satisfied with the hotel, staff, and location, I am disappointed that you did not enjoy your stay overall. While our location is prime to get around the city, we are in the hottest neighborhood in Chicago that is bustling day and night. All of our standard king rooms are in the rear of the hotel and tend to be much more sheltered from the city noises. While we did have a quick directional guide to avoid the highway ramp closures at the front desk, I apologize if the valet representative that you spoke with was not aware of the construction that was taking place that weekend. I do hope that you will allow us the opportunity to provide you with a more restful stay sometime in the future and thank you again for choosing out hotel.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Excellent location in downtown Chicago. Rooms are spacious with nice views.
Staff are friendly & very helpful.
Overall convenient. It was the first time for me to stay @ Marriott Fairfield. I will surely consider more Fairfield stays in the future.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Matt N, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown/River North, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent stay with us! Glad that you enjoyed yourself and we certainly hope that you will consider us again in the future!

Reviewed 5 July 2014

We needed to make an unexpected trip to Chicago, and were finding our usual choices booked. We finally found a King size room here, and we were very pleased with our accommodations. It was spacious, clean, and had a small fridge for our water bottles. We especially liked the roomy and bright breakfast area on the second floor. After we saw it, and found out there were many decent breakfast choices, we cancelled our plans to go in search of breakfast elsewhere. Though we personally found it too far to walk to our intended destination, the River North location was convenient to lots of trendy shopping and eateries. Bottom line...we were satisfied in all aspects.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

No complaints is the way we like it! Thank you for taking the time to add to our online reputation and I am very pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. Perhaps moving forward we could be your new "usual choice" whenever you need to stay a night in Chicago!