“Awesome hotel!!!!!”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown/River North
Ranked #23 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 22 July 2014

In all my travels I have NEVER stayed at a hotel with a more friendly and helpful staff! The front desk crew were amazing! Matthew Noonan, the front desk manager, made sure I had everything I needed to make my trip a great one! I was highly impressed with this hotel and will definitely stay here again and again!!!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Matt N, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown/River North, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to add to our TripAdvisor page! It is guests like you that help us receive awards like the Certificate of Excellence, so thank you very much. Glad that I was able to be of assistance during your stay, feel free to reach out should you need any assistance in the future, and we look forward to seeing you back here again and again!

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Went to Chicago this past weekend for the wife's birthday and stayed at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown/River/North. It was what I've come to expect from the Marriott organization as far as comfort and cleanliness. But the staff at this hotel from the valet and housekeepers to the front desk manager and concierge were outstanding. Everyone there made us feel at home especially Robert, the concierge, who went out of his way to make our stay more pleasant. Next time I'm in Chicago I will be staying at this Fairfield.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Matt N, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown/River North, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Thank you for the awesome review! I will surely pass this along to Robert and celebrate his efforts with our team and let our entire team know that their hard work does not go unnoticed. Feel free to reach out when you need to make those future arrangements and we look forward to seeing you back sometime soon!

Reviewed 21 July 2014

I had the pleasure of taking my mother on her very 1st visit to Chicago. I chose this hotel basically for the rate (Sr. Citizen) but it exceeded all of my expectations. OMG, where do I start!!!!

1. 1st Matthew Noonan (Mgr) emailed me personally inquiring about any special needs my mother or myself might have. Talk about customer service!! He answered all questions and fulfilled all of my requests. Matthew, thanks so much for the extra special touch.

2. ROCKSTAR DANIELLE at the front desk served as my very own personal tour guide!! She was knowledgeable, patient, and did it all with a smile. Anything I needed to know about the hotel or maneuvering about Chicago she answered!!! Thanks Danielle<<-- Clone her

As far as the hotel is concerned it's modern, chic, and updated. We occupied the 2 bed suite on the 14th floor with a great view, and the coup de' grace FREE WI-FI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Breakfast was free and plentiful downstairs, and the hotel is a convenient walk to the Oriental Theater, The Magnificent Mile, Navy Pier or a quick cab ride whatever your preference.

My only CON---- Parking!!! It's a little pricey (however, this is downtown Chicago) and it's a walk from the hotel. Please be mindful of this if you have elderly parents or if you are alone. If that's the case I recommend the valet.

Room Tip: Top floor Suites
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you very much for your very kind review! We are fortunate to have a dedicated team here really focused on making sure our guests are completely satisfied and Danielle is no exception. I will be sure to share this with her and our team! Feel free to reach out should you need any assistance in the future and we look forward to being able to accommodate you again sometime soon!

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Great location and a new hotel with stellar service., Street side a little bit noisy. Parking adjunct to hotel. Rooms were clean and tidy. Convenient to lots of restaurants. Difficult to obtain reservations on summer weekends so book in advance.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for the excellent review and kind comment on the service here at the Fairfield. Our mission here is to be the cleanest and friendliest hotel on the block and it looks like we succeeded in doing so. I also appreciate the heads up to the TripAdvisor community about booking in advance - the word is spreading and our hotel is extremely busy, so yes please book in advance!

Reviewed 17 July 2014

Finding a room that could hold 5 adult women was tough, but we lucked out at this location. it's perfect! Clean and welcoming. Bathtub had a little trouble draining but seriously...No complaints. Amazing restaurants everywhere around you in this location.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Matt N, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown/River North, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Glad we were able to accommodate you ladies! It was a pleasure to meet you all, glad that you had a good time, and we look forward to seeing you back sometime soon!

Reviewed 17 July 2014

We stayed 2 nights while visiting the Chicago area with our 2 children. This hotel was in a great location, very clean, and very friendly. The breakfast was good and the breakfast staff was very helpful in planning our days. We could not have asked for anything better, especially when you compare the price of the other downtown hotels. Thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for the very kind review! Glad to see that you were completely satisfied with your time with us and that our staff was able to be a part of that. We look forward to seeing you back sometime soon!

Reviewed 17 July 2014

Very helpful and friendly staff. Nice and clean rooms. Close to public transportation. Free WiFi worked well. Only issue is street noise. They are across the street from a fire station. We stayed on the top floor on the opposite side of the building. Not loud enough to wake me up but loud enough to make it hard to fall asleep.

Room Tip: Recommend high floor on opposite side from fire engine.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for the excellent review! One of the missions of our hotel is to be the cleanest and friendliest, so I am thrilled to see that these were two of your highlights from your stay. Thanks again for the excellent review and we look forward to seeing you back sometime soon!