“Great Location, would recommend!”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown/River North
Ranked #16 of 188 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersBronze level
St. Thomas
“Great Location, would recommend!”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

I loved the location and the hotel was very clean and inviting, room was comfortable and clean. There are many great restaurants and bars within a few block walk and lots of locals wandering the streets after work and in the evening. Great vibe. Staff was great, so friendly, helpful. My only complaints were I ended up on a low floor and it was at the back of the building on the alley way by the dumpsters so it was loud. I think if my room had been in a better location, my stay would have been 5 stars.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Matt N, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown/River North, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on both TripAdvisor as well as our online satisfaction survey. Glad that you seemed to enjoy your stay, but disappointed that you were not pleased with your room location. Arriving on a Tuesday late in the evening can be difficult to accommodate special requests as 90% of our guests arrive on a Monday for the entire week, which means most if not all of our rooms on our upper floors are already occupied and have been since the previous day. I do hope that next time we will be able to get you into one of those upper floors so that you can really enjoy your stay and we look forward to the opportunity to do so sometime soon!

Matt Noonan, Front Desk Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (216)
  • Korean first
Poland
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We stayed there for 3 nights and even though we were unlucky and due to overbooking our room was not waiting for us - we will remember this hotel as a very good one! Especially the Staff - really helpful and service minded - they made our stay so pleasant. Great location , close to any place and plenty of restaurants around! Also it is only about 20 minutes walk to the famous Magnificent Mile. The only poor thing there is the breakfast - poor quality food , not bog choice and also opened only till 09:30 while the staff starts cleaning the tables at 09:15. Anyhow it was unforgettable stay :-). Thank you!!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Rygle
Matt N, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown/River North, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Thank you for the excellent rating! Again I apologize that we were not able to accommodate you and your family the first evening due to causes out of our direct control, however I am very happy that we were able to find a room for you right next door and that you were able to return first thing in the morning. We are constantly seeking ways to improve our breakfast, however most of what we offer is in accordance with our brand standards and since we do not have a full kitchen, it can be very limiting considering we must feed an all you can eat buffet for hundreds of guests each day. Thanks again for the feedback, it was a pleasure meeting you and your family, and we look forward to being able to accommodate you all again sometime soon!

Saint Simons Island, Georgia
Reviewed 22 July 2014

In all my travels I have NEVER stayed at a hotel with a more friendly and helpful staff! The front desk crew were amazing! Matthew Noonan, the front desk manager, made sure I had everything I needed to make my trip a great one! I was highly impressed with this hotel and will definitely stay here again and again!!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to add to our TripAdvisor page! It is guests like you that help us receive awards like the Certificate of Excellence, so thank you very much. Glad that I was able to be of assistance during your stay, feel free to reach out should you need any assistance in the future, and we look forward to seeing you back here again and again!

Swartz Creek, Michigan
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Went to Chicago this past weekend for the wife's birthday and stayed at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown/River/North. It was what I've come to expect from the Marriott organization as far as comfort and cleanliness. But the staff at this hotel from the valet and housekeepers to the front desk manager and concierge were outstanding. Everyone there made us feel at home especially Robert, the concierge, who went out of his way to make our stay more pleasant. Next time I'm in Chicago I will be staying at this Fairfield.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Matt N, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown/River North, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Thank you for the awesome review! I will surely pass this along to Robert and celebrate his efforts with our team and let our entire team know that their hard work does not go unnoticed. Feel free to reach out when you need to make those future arrangements and we look forward to seeing you back sometime soon!

Marietta, Georgia
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I had the pleasure of taking my mother on her very 1st visit to Chicago. I chose this hotel basically for the rate (Sr. Citizen) but it exceeded all of my expectations. OMG, where do I start!!!!

1. 1st Matthew Noonan (Mgr) emailed me personally inquiring about any special needs my mother or myself might have. Talk about customer service!! He answered all questions and fulfilled all of my requests. Matthew, thanks so much for the extra special touch.

2. ROCKSTAR DANIELLE at the front desk served as my very own personal tour guide!! She was knowledgeable, patient, and did it all with a smile. Anything I needed to know about the hotel or maneuvering about Chicago she answered!!! Thanks Danielle<<-- Clone her

As far as the hotel is concerned it's modern, chic, and updated. We occupied the 2 bed suite on the 14th floor with a great view, and the coup de' grace FREE WI-FI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Breakfast was free and plentiful downstairs, and the hotel is a convenient walk to the Oriental Theater, The Magnificent Mile, Navy Pier or a quick cab ride whatever your preference.

My only CON---- Parking!!! It's a little pricey (however, this is downtown Chicago) and it's a walk from the hotel. Please be mindful of this if you have elderly parents or if you are alone. If that's the case I recommend the valet.

Room Tip: Top floor Suites
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Thank you very much for your very kind review! We are fortunate to have a dedicated team here really focused on making sure our guests are completely satisfied and Danielle is no exception. I will be sure to share this with her and our team! Feel free to reach out should you need any assistance in the future and we look forward to being able to accommodate you again sometime soon!

Aiken, South Carolina
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Great location and a new hotel with stellar service., Street side a little bit noisy. Parking adjunct to hotel. Rooms were clean and tidy. Convenient to lots of restaurants. Difficult to obtain reservations on summer weekends so book in advance.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for the excellent review and kind comment on the service here at the Fairfield. Our mission here is to be the cleanest and friendliest hotel on the block and it looks like we succeeded in doing so. I also appreciate the heads up to the TripAdvisor community about booking in advance - the word is spreading and our hotel is extremely busy, so yes please book in advance!

long grove, IL
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Finding a room that could hold 5 adult women was tough, but we lucked out at this location. it's perfect! Clean and welcoming. Bathtub had a little trouble draining but seriously...No complaints. Amazing restaurants everywhere around you in this location.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Matt N, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown/River North, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Glad we were able to accommodate you ladies! It was a pleasure to meet you all, glad that you had a good time, and we look forward to seeing you back sometime soon!