“Best creamed spinach ever.”

Bavette's Bar and Boeuf
Reserve with OpenTable
Bavette's Bar and Boeuf is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 9,668 Restaurants in Chicago
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Wells/Franklin
Description: A stylish departure from a traditional steakhouse, Bavette's embraces French flair without the formality, blending fine dining with unabashed fun. Guests can indulge in seafood towers, richly flavorful ribeyes, classic side dishes and house made desserts, as well as classic cocktails and a well-curated international wine list.
Atlanta, Georgia
“Best creamed spinach ever.”
Reviewed 1 November 2013

Filet - awesome. Bacon roasted tomato salad - unbelievable. But, hands down, the best part of the meal was the creamed spinach. Came out looking like baked lasagna and tasting like achieving nirvana. Place is like going into a 1920's speakeasy. But, be prepared with your 1920's gold coins because it is pricey. Will love to go back someday.

• Greek first
Columbus, Ohio
“A great place...food and ambience”
Reviewed 1 November 2013

Wow...this restaurant was booked as a quick and easy place to eat that was close to the office. I walked in thinking nothing special, but was quickly impressed with everything. The staff was attentive and always measured in their ability to come and service the table. The waiter was very well knowledged on the food and offered meaningful suggestions and not just a simple "the ribeye is my favorite." He knew a great deal of the bar selection and was comfortable asking questions for our likes/dislikes. The food we ordered was delicious...we started with Atlantic Oysters and they were fresh and served with perfection. Following that the bacon/tomato salad was to die for...the bacon was like eating a slice of heaven. For our meals, we split the roasted chicken and also the steak sandwhich, both of which were far above expectations. I would highly recommend this restaurant, and I assure you that I will be back soon.

Canada
“Excellent meal”
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Arrived 15 minutes early to a very friendly greeting at the door followed by prompt seating. Nice atmosphere with a definite old Chicago feel to it. Waiter was very knowledgable and guided us through our choices with good feedback on portions. Gearing up for the 24 oz rib steak, we split a very tasty beet salad for an appetizer. The steak was spectacular topped with mushrooms as suggested by the waiter. The sweet potato was delicious and the corn good as sides to the steak. A great bottle of California Cab balanced with the steak nicely.
No room for dessert at all just a nice cup of coffee to finish.
An excellent dining experience.

Chicago, Illinois, United States
“Great Chill Place - Good Bone in Ribeye”
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Whenever I go here, I sit downstairs. It's a bit darker, bit quieter, and if you can get one of the tables along the wall you have a lot more space to spread your food out.

Nothing disappoints, as everything is good, I always get the Elote and creamed spinach. The White Fish Caesar is also excellent to start with, but keep in mind it's a bit citrusy.

Also, the bone marrow is quite good, but you must eat with the greens and caramalized onions or else its too greasy/fatty.

Overall, one of my favorite go to places in Chicago.

Visited October 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“Looking forward to going back to this lovely restaurant”
Reviewed 26 October 2013

This is a lovely restaurant - I really enjoyed the décor and the atmosphere. I'd heard and read such wonderful reviews about Bavette's and I had been wanting to try it for quite some time.

The service was outstanding - our server was attentive, knowledgeable about the menu and very personable. I'd love to go back and order a steak - the reviews of the steaks here are all excellent and the waiter recommended them, as well. I love beef stroganoff and ordered that. While it wasn't disappointing, it also wasn't really beef stroganoff - at least not to my way of thinking! It was short ribs on noodles. The short ribs were delicious - but this reminded me more of a pasta dish than of beef stroganoff. I enjoyed it - but I think the steak would have been a far better choice. The lemon merinque pie, which we had for desert, was wonderful.

All in all, loved the restaurant and am looking forward to going back.