David & Simona,
We had another excellent stay at Andersonville Guesthouse. I wanted to let you know that everything was as we expected and then more. The location is nothing short of perfect for our needs. The neighborhood is fantastic and we are made to feel as if this was our on personal home.
As this is our second stay I thought I would offer up as a few improvements that I think can only make a great place better. Service from Rick was excellent and I appreciated being let into the unit early so the caters could setup everything for my event. There is no doubt that we will be back and that my some of my friends will become quest of your establishment.
Finally, Congratulations on the expansion (family and business). I am sure the rooms will be very successful, but why the name change? Seems like you have a good thing going why confuse people?
Russell L. Cotton
There are a few minor improvements that would make Andersonville Guest House much better.
1) There are way to many flood lights for this place not have them on dimmers. Dimmers are an inexpensive $12-$25 option that would help with lighting the place. I would suggest the hallway ,living room/kitchen, and master be placed on dimmers. Also, maybe some labels above all the switches (there are quite a few, it feels like a little trial and error when flipping a switch).
2) Bathrooms are great, but the extra small bathroom floor mats need to replaced with larger ones. The master has double vanities so there should be two mats.
3) Scissors should be included in the kitchen. You never know when you need to open something.
4) TV wired into the surround sound system would be nice as well.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Want to live like a local while staying in Chicago? The Guesthouse Hotel Chicago offers an affordable and comfortable place to lay your head during your visit to our city! A family-owned, boutique hotel, The Guesthouse Hotel Chicago is a unique Chicago boutique hotel combining the best features of a vacation rental property with the personal attention of a boutique hotel.Our units feature one, two and three bedroom suites and all include gourmet kitchens, spa-like bathrooms and sofa beds. You can whip up a meal in the fully-equipped gourmet kitchen (we're happy to point you towards a local Farmers Market or grocery store) or, when the weather calls for it, use the grill on your private terrace. Other highlights include an inviting living and dining area; spacious and elegantly decorated bedrooms; a spa-like master bathroom ; a fireplace; a plasma television with cable; free Wifi; onsite parking (fee); in addition to an array of other amenities and comforts.The Guesthouse Hotel Chicago has an excellent location in the vibrant Andersonville neighborhood, one of Chicago's most beloved neighborhoods. We're also nestled close to Lincoln Square, another neighborhood that brings the small-town vibe to the big city. The Guesthouse Hotel Chicago is just a short hop away from Wrigley Field, as well as public transportation (bus and train), which allows convenient access to downtown Chicago and tourist attractions (Feel free to ask us for dining, shopping, and tourist recommendations!) The affordable luxury of The Guesthouse Hotel Chicago and our unique location provide the perfect rental accommodation for travelers who want the comforts and independence of their own home while enjoying all that Chicago and its local culture has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your The Guesthouse Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.