“Average spa average massage not worth the money”

Elysian Spa at the Waldorf Astoria
Ranked #6 of 314 Spas & Wellness in Chicago
Reviewed 31 December 2013

Let me begin with I live in Chicago and get massages around the city...I have had a massage at the trump, Mario Tricoci, etc. I did not stay here and have not eaten here.

However I wanted pre wedding pampering so I went here for a massage that my girlfriends gave me for my birthday.

The massage was average. Not good nor bad, just average, but for $250 you expect more. The spa itself is very nice, I have no complains about that except the bubble light fixture was dusty. I'm paying $250 for a massage plus tax plus 20 percent tip which is non optional and your bubble light fixture in the center of the room is dusty!?!?

When I checked out they noted that they added 20 percent tip- which I have no problem with except she wasn't worth 20 percent. So I mentioned that I didn't think my massage therapist needed $45. They mentioned it was for the other spa staff- which is fine I'll gladly pay for someone to pick up my towels and pamper me, but it's not their money - it's my money so they didn't even offer to adjust the tip nor ask me what was wrong with the massage, they just shrugged their shoulders.

I won't be coming back.

For the price go to the TRUMP.

2  Thank Tracy C

Reviewed 19 October 2013

My first trip to the elysian spa will certainly not be my last. The massage therapist, Mark, was great! Super professional and really helped with my neck pain.

1  Thank Katie S
Reviewed 18 June 2013

The "Healing Relaxation" claims to relieve stress and enhance skin renewal with a gentle exfoliation with a crushed bamboo scrub, nourishing wild cherry rice buff and the final touch...an application of plum blossom silk for hydration. This is followed by a lave shell massage with wild lime oil that completes the spa ritual leaving you totally relaxed and with beautifully moisturiezed skin.

The technician was Rebecca, who used her fingers, hands and forearms in the exotic technique she has created that was utterly fantastic. I travel to many countries and have found Rebecca's mix of gentle kneading with firm and assured movements to be outstanding. By far, one of the best, if not THE best spa treatment I have ever had.

Reviewed 6 January 2013

Beautiful, clean, amazing service. One of the best luxury spas I have been to. Try the hot lava stone massage, it was pure heaven.