“Great getaway in the city”

Welcome Inn Manor Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 22 Chicago B&B and Inns
Reviewed 11 February 2014

I had a fantastic time at this place!! Great breakfast, wonderful atmosphere, The Nat King Cole Suite was amazing. I would highly recommend this B & B if you are interested in a getaway in the middle of the Windy City!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 10 February 2014

Words cannot express the likability of this HIDDEN gem in the Southside. Both hosts, Mell and Angie, were welcoming right from the start. They are one of the most gracious and thoughtful people we have come across in our lives. I wanted to celebrate my fiance's birthday at our first bed-and-breakfast experience together. We were more than pleased with our stay and the hosts' service. The breakfast on both days were very palatable and scrumptious. Due to this experience, my fiance and I are more than likely to return to this B&B. We highly recommend this B&B for your stay!!

Room Tip: We stayed at the Nat King Cole room, which is the biggest room and has a jacuzzi!! It is an amazing...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 February 2014

Excellent accommodations, meals, ambience and conversation! Great location as well--short walk to the "L"--easy cab, bus or drive north to downtown. Perhaps the best part of the stay is the innkeepers. Very good people.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 December 2013

I stayed at the Welcome Inn Manor with a friend as we were in town for a convention. Mell and Angie were exceptional! Our room was wonderfully decorated and very clean. Mell provided transportation to and from the airport at a great rate. He also provided daily transportation to our convention center and other venues in Chicago. Mell was so accommodating to us as well as the other guests at the Inn. He was providing us transportation, but other guests as well - he must have had a busy week of driving, but was wonderfully pleasant the whole time. The breakfasts were also amazing! He accommodated for a vegetarian, vegan, and lactose free diet on our trip. The breakfasts were beyond my expectations. Each morning he had freshly cooked food such as eggs, sausage, homemade pancakes and waffles, cereals, fresh fruit, juice, coffee, and tea were always ready. I felt like I was eating out for breakfast every morning. I would definitely recommend the Inn for those traveling to Chicago!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Katara T
Reviewed 3 December 2013

I travelled to Chicago to visit University of Chicago with my son. Mel was very patient as my husband made all the arrangements with him on the fly. He took all of my allergies into account for food. One night I was the only guest and there was no problem settling into the parlour to watch tv with them. The room was large and i had a nicely sized and well appointed bathroom to myself.

Room Tip: all are good
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 November 2013

We stayed in the Nat King Cole Suite for our honeymoon in September. As this was our first B&B experience, we didn't really know what to expect. But when I called Mell before booking and asked some general questions, I just had a gut feeling that this was the place to stay. I can't begin to say how much we enjoyed our trip because of our stay at Welcome Inn Manor. The bedroom was beautiful and incredibly spacious, and the adjoining bath with Jacuzzi tub, fireplace, and large shower with dual shower heads was even more luxurious than the pictures show. Mell and Angie were the perfect hosts, making us feel as though we had all known each other for years. They shuttled us to whatever downtown location we asked each morning, and every place we went based upon their recommendation was well worth our time. Mell cooked a delicious breakfast each morning, and the dining room and common areas downstairs were so inviting that it felt like home (only more relaxing thanks to Mell and Angie's taste in decorating and perfectly kept atmosphere). We will definitely be back and would recommend Welcome Inn Manor without hesitation! Thanks for making our honeymoon so special and memorable!!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 October 2013

Located a short walk from the el which takes you downtown in ten minutes this B&B is in a great location. Easy access to Chicago attractions with having to pay downtown hotel rates. We felt like we were family. Mell and Angie invited us to go out with them in the evenings to places tourists at a hotel would not even know about. My only complaint is that Mell's breakfasts were too big. I hated to leave all that good food on the table.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family