“Home Away from Home”

Welcome Inn Manor Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 22 Chicago B&B and Inns
Reviewed 19 April 2014

The Welcome Inn Manor on Chicago's south side is truly a home away from home. Most of my travel involves frequent stays at many of the chain hotels offered in the US and abroad. While the quality of customer service, food, amenities, etc. is often good, there are times when it is not. Welcome Manor has been consistent with its' offerings. The personal touch and attention to detail in insuring the feel of "home" has always been the order of the day. What better way to start your morning and end your evening by being in a place that feels like your own home?, Difficult to leave when you have to go back to "hotel living." If I am fortunate enough to book it, I will always come to Welcome Inn Manor during my visits to Chicago.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Welcome Inn Manor Bed & Breakfast

Reviewed 14 April 2014

After relocating to, and living in Chicago for 23 years, I left in 2010... so decided to make my annual Christmas visit as a tourist. What a pleasant surprise (and good choice)! I learned things about the city I'd never taken the time to pursue while living there. Though I'd actually been involved in celebrating the city and events, Mel gave me a nice cultural background and insight. He and Angie were wonderful 'conversational tour guides,' as I kinda absorbed the morning breakfast conversation. Mel is a pretty interesting guy, and I appreciated one evening's conversation, where I came in earlier than usual. Thanks for not taking it for granted that I knew about where I used to live. (smile) Scheduling my return stay in December reminded me to write this review.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Mel and Angie were some of the best hosts we've had while staying at a B&B, and we've stayed at many. When we arrived, Mel opened a bottle of wine and welcomed us to join he and a friend of his for some social time to learn more about the area and the B&B's history. It was our first time visiting Chicago so this was a great introduction to the windy city. He took a bit of time to show each of his guests around town and spoiled everyone with amazing breakfasts that were different every day. The B&B is located in a quiet residential area and is only a 5 minute walk from the L-Train, which takes you to the centre of the city in less than 15 minutes. This was definitely one of our best B&B experiences and, if any of you are planning a trip to Chicago, I highly recommend this place : )

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DrRaxx
Reviewed 24 March 2014

My sister and I came down to Chicago for a quick whirlwind Opera/ Symphony weekend and stayed in this beautiful old house with Mell. He was a wonderful, warm and caring host, looking out for us, cooking us amazing breakfasts and generally making our stay safe and comfortable. The house is an old one rich in character and history and through the various art pieces and articles on the wall - as well as Mell - you really get a sense of the unique area you are staying in. We will be back and bring our families next time!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 March 2014

Me and my wife were on a small trip in chicago to look at some schools and I found this place on one of the schools website. This place is more than just lodging and has a lot of character. The rooms are excellent and give you a true sense of the values that the inn keepers Mell and Angie beleive in.

Both Mell and Angie made our stay wonderful and i would recommend this to anyone who wants to visit Chicago. The best part of our visit was the company of the inn keepers and the other interesting people we met while we were staying there. Every morning we had a big breakfast and get to talk with interesting folks from all around the world. I should also mention how good a cook Mell is. He makes every breakfast interesting not just with food but with all interesting anecdotes from his experience. They really take good care of the house and every section of the house has a interesting story behind it.

Overall, this was one of the best B&B experiences we had.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 18 February 2014

It was my responsibility to make plans for Valentine's Day this year. I decided to the two of us would meet in Chicago, I live in Minnesota and my boyfriend lives in Atlanta. We stayed in the Nat King Cole Suite. It is amazing. My boyfriend is not easily impressed but he has gushed on and about the food and the accommodations. I highly recommend. We will definitely go back.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 February 2014

I had a fantastic time at this place!! Great breakfast, wonderful atmosphere, The Nat King Cole Suite was amazing. I would highly recommend this B & B if you are interested in a getaway in the middle of the Windy City!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple