“The coolest B&B in Chicago” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Welcome Inn Manor Bed & Breakfast

Welcome Inn Manor Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 22 Chicago B&B and Inns
Calgary, Canada
“The coolest B&B in Chicago”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

My wife and I had a long weekend in chicago and were fortunate enough to stay in the Nat King Cole Suite at the Welcome Inn Manor. This suite was beautiful, with the coolest, huge bathroom we have ever stayed in. The house is over 100 years ago and fantastically decorated with a variety of artistic and cultural items. Mel and Angie were great hosts, very welcoming. Mel picked us up from the train station. Breakfast was huge and we really enjoyed our stay.
It is not in downtown but you can take the green line up there easily. There is a lot of attractions on offer in Chicago and this B & B tops thing off nicely.

Room Tip: All very good rooms but the Nat King Cole suite is fantastic.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank gary3000

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Bethel Park, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

I was taking my son to visit The University of Chicago. My wife found the Welcome Inn Manor while looking for a hotel for us. She always finds us great places and I am so glad she found this one, only 3 miles from the school. The house was warm and welcoming and beautifully decorated. Mell treated me and my son like new friends, offering anything we needed including advice on great places to eat and things to see. In the mornings, we were treated to fantastic home cooking that you cannot get in a restaurant. My son will be attending UofC so we will be visiting this bed and breakfast often in the next several years. Thanks Ang and Mell!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Mike A
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

I have recently had the opportunity to stay at the Welcome Inn Manor with my nephew during his school break. We had a wonderful experience. Mel and Angie were perfect hosts. My nephew who is in college in New Jersey. He can't wait to return and spend time there again. The breakfast and accommodations were superb. Mel gave us a list of places to visit and provided transportation. I can't say enough good things about our stay and highly recommend it to all who visit Chicago! I am already planning a return trip to stay again at the Welcome Inn. I am planning to have my friend visit me from Georgia and we will definitely book early to have a room at the Welcome Inn Manor.

Room Tip: Definitely look at the available rooms, large suites available to mid size.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Cheryl D
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014

The Welcome Inn Manor on Chicago's south side is truly a home away from home. Most of my travel involves frequent stays at many of the chain hotels offered in the US and abroad. While the quality of customer service, food, amenities, etc. is often good, there are times when it is not. Welcome Manor has been consistent with its' offerings. The personal touch and attention to detail in insuring the feel of "home" has always been the order of the day. What better way to start your morning and end your evening by being in a place that feels like your own home?, Difficult to leave when you have to go back to "hotel living." If I am fortunate enough to book it, I will always come to Welcome Inn Manor during my visits to Chicago.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Charlotte
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

After relocating to, and living in Chicago for 23 years, I left in 2010... so decided to make my annual Christmas visit as a tourist. What a pleasant surprise (and good choice)! I learned things about the city I'd never taken the time to pursue while living there. Though I'd actually been involved in celebrating the city and events, Mel gave me a nice cultural background and insight. He and Angie were wonderful 'conversational tour guides,' as I kinda absorbed the morning breakfast conversation. Mel is a pretty interesting guy, and I appreciated one evening's conversation, where I came in earlier than usual. Thanks for not taking it for granted that I knew about where I used to live. (smile) Scheduling my return stay in December reminded me to write this review.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

Mel and Angie were some of the best hosts we've had while staying at a B&B, and we've stayed at many. When we arrived, Mel opened a bottle of wine and welcomed us to join he and a friend of his for some social time to learn more about the area and the B&B's history. It was our first time visiting Chicago so this was a great introduction to the windy city. He took a bit of time to show each of his guests around town and spoiled everyone with amazing breakfasts that were different every day. The B&B is located in a quiet residential area and is only a 5 minute walk from the L-Train, which takes you to the centre of the city in less than 15 minutes. This was definitely one of our best B&B experiences and, if any of you are planning a trip to Chicago, I highly recommend this place : )

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DrRaxx
Winnipeg, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

My sister and I came down to Chicago for a quick whirlwind Opera/ Symphony weekend and stayed in this beautiful old house with Mell. He was a wonderful, warm and caring host, looking out for us, cooking us amazing breakfasts and generally making our stay safe and comfortable. The house is an old one rich in character and history and through the various art pieces and articles on the wall - as well as Mell - you really get a sense of the unique area you are staying in. We will be back and bring our families next time!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends