“Like at home!”

Ranked #1 of 22 Chicago B&B and Inns
Bucharest, Romania
“Like at home!”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

What a treat for my first visit to Chicago.
Beautiful place and excellent food! Great people (Angie+Mel and guests)! Precious advices to enjoy the city!
Thks a lot, Angie and Mel! See you in 2015 for my next visit to Chicago!

Didier Colin

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank DidierColin7

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Parma
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Been there with my wife and a 4 years old child. It's easy to get the train to reach downtown. Mell and Angy were great! They helped us getting back our baggage ( lost by air company) This place is Definitely great! Breakfast outstanding!!!

Davide & Giulia

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank dave1979Parma
Woellstein, Germany
Reviewed 3 June 2014

My wife and I came from Germany to do the Route 66 starting (as it should be) in Chicago. While planning the trip, we decided to choose our accommodations in a more personal way and pick B&Bs over yet another big hotel from an even bigger hotel chain. Reason for that was to learn more about the people of that country than "Hi my name is Joe, what can I do for you today?" and guess what, this place was a Jackpot in every regard.

After a rather long flight we finally arrived at the Inn and it was such a warm welcome by Mell the Innkeeper, that my wife and I felt home right away. For the next three days we stayed at the Nat "King" Cole Suite and enjoyed the two huge rooms and the warm, stylish and cosy interior. A beautiful suite in a warm and welcoming house.

As the ground floor of the house is open to everyone, you have the chance to meet other travelers from around the world, Mell or Angie during the whole day, while having a chat in the kitchen or reading besides one of the fire places. For us this was exactly what we were looking for. Retreat and silence if you need it but interaction with others if you want to.

The breakfast was made with love every morning and tasted so good that even I finished my plate every day, although I don't even like breakfast and often I even spare it, especially when traveling. It was delicious and healthy and I already miss it. Especially Angie's french toast and of course the conversations we had with the other guests during the breakfast.

For us this stay was 10 out of 10 and without exaggerating it more felt like staying with friends in their beautiful house, than renting a room. In case we come back to Chicago, we will not look for another place to stay.

Room Tip: If you can, go for the Nat "King" Cole suite, the huge bathroom even has a jacuzzi.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank NOSfentor
Reviewed 20 May 2014

My husband and I had the longest 9 hour drive and to enter this beautiful home was just the icing on the cake. We didn't want to go out to eat or site see. We just wanted to relax and enjoy this bed and breakfast. We did a quick tour the house and it was beautiful! Hard wood floors endless art, the attention to detail was magnificent. I have always loved these old homes and to see two owners husband and wife, who care so much for this piece of art of art on the south side of Chicago was definitely worth our time. We enjoyed the Nat Kind Cole sweet. OMG the king size bed was comfortable and the suite meticulously clean. The bathroom was a room of its own and had the Jacuzzi tub, shower and sitting area. This was my husbands first time as an adult to Chicago and I really did want to make him feel comfortable and stay at a great place, and we did. We talked about how much it felt like we were actually staying at a family home. We are so glad we chose the Welcome Inn Manor and we will definitely go back for not just for a night but for the week. The prices are great and we enjoyed a great hot breakfast in the dinning area. We really did feel like a King and Queen so make sure you check it out! You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Kelly M
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 27 April 2014

My wife and I had a long weekend in chicago and were fortunate enough to stay in the Nat King Cole Suite at the Welcome Inn Manor. This suite was beautiful, with the coolest, huge bathroom we have ever stayed in. The house is over 100 years ago and fantastically decorated with a variety of artistic and cultural items. Mel and Angie were great hosts, very welcoming. Mel picked us up from the train station. Breakfast was huge and we really enjoyed our stay.
It is not in downtown but you can take the green line up there easily. There is a lot of attractions on offer in Chicago and this B & B tops thing off nicely.

Room Tip: All very good rooms but the Nat King Cole suite is fantastic.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank gary3000
Bethel Park, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 22 April 2014

I was taking my son to visit The University of Chicago. My wife found the Welcome Inn Manor while looking for a hotel for us. She always finds us great places and I am so glad she found this one, only 3 miles from the school. The house was warm and welcoming and beautifully decorated. Mell treated me and my son like new friends, offering anything we needed including advice on great places to eat and things to see. In the mornings, we were treated to fantastic home cooking that you cannot get in a restaurant. My son will be attending UofC so we will be visiting this bed and breakfast often in the next several years. Thanks Ang and Mell!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Mike A
Reviewed 22 April 2014

I have recently had the opportunity to stay at the Welcome Inn Manor with my nephew during his school break. We had a wonderful experience. Mel and Angie were perfect hosts. My nephew who is in college in New Jersey. He can't wait to return and spend time there again. The breakfast and accommodations were superb. Mel gave us a list of places to visit and provided transportation. I can't say enough good things about our stay and highly recommend it to all who visit Chicago! I am already planning a return trip to stay again at the Welcome Inn. I am planning to have my friend visit me from Georgia and we will definitely book early to have a room at the Welcome Inn Manor.

Room Tip: Definitely look at the available rooms, large suites available to mid size.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family