“Nice Change from Coffee Shops”
Review of Argo Tea

Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Neighbourhood: Streeterville
Reviewed 27 February 2014

It was my first time at an Argo Tea, but it was just the pick-me-up that I needed. The tea drinks we got were warm and just sweet enough without overpowering the drink. The location we went to also had an artist painting that day; it was fun to watch her at her craft as we sipped away.

Reviewed 14 February 2014

I really want to like Argo Tea but the drinks served at this location are consistently terrible, mainly because they are always lukewarm. I have tried 2 specialty drinks in the past, both of which were mediocre. The descriptions offer intriguing and complex flavor profiles (who wouldn't want to try "red tea blended with natural raspberry and white chocolate"), but the actual beverages were somewhat bland and overly sweetened.

So today I decided to get a Mocha - just so I could compare it to Starbucks. It was AWFUL. It was watered down and had no flavor. But the worst part was that I asked for "extra hot" and it was TEPID. I would have thrown it away except that it was $4. So instead I microwaved coffee for the first time in my life, just to make it minimally palatable.

The customer service here is fine - they are always courteous and smiling. But after 3 epic fails, I will NOT be returning to this Argo Tea ever again.

Reviewed 19 September 2013

Argo tea was a nice little place in the city. We strolled in looking for an afternoon pick me up and a place to sit after shopping the magnificent mile. This was a pleasant surprise. A locally owned and well put together tea but sooo much more store! We liked it. Staff was friendly and kind, place was clean and tea hit the spot!!

Reviewed 1 September 2013

Lovely selection of teas here and some interesting blends. Tried the pom tea which was refreshing and hibiscus.. Also the choc mint tea is actually pretty tasty (a lot better than it sounds anyway!)

Reviewed 24 May 2013

This place has everything imaginable tea wise. They also have a great green tea, I would highly recommend it.

Been to Argo Tea? Share your experiences!