“The Nicest Hotel I have ever stayed in”

Ranked #2 of 190 Hotels in Chicago
Ohio
“The Nicest Hotel I have ever stayed in”
Reviewed 25 February 2014

And I've stayed in 5 star hotels all around the world. The room layout, decor, amenities, view, location were all top notch. The extra little touches - cream colored leather boxes cradling glass wine glasses and champagne flutes, the slippers laid out on floor next to bed at turn down, the water on the night stand, the 'dressing table' with lighted make up mirror, the labeled light switches, the the rockin tub (we both fit in ours) and combo shower. We ran the shower and took a steam at the same time we were lounging in tub. The staff was fabulous. Did not eat n restaurant but heard it is excellent from local friends. Looking for an excuse to go back to Chicago just so that I can go back to the Langham!

2 Thank SC178
LanghamChicago, General Manager at The Langham, Chicago, responded to this review, 5 March 2014
Thank you very much for your kind words and for staying with us. It was a pleasure to exceed your very high standards. We look forward to your return when next in Chicago.

The Langham, Chicago

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (458)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 25 February 2014

I am in love with this hotel. My fiance took me here for my birthday and it was so beautiful. It had just open when we visited. ( Dec 14 ) The interior design blew me away. Everything was elegant and beautiful. When we first walked into our room I saw the most beautiful flower arrangement that my fiance ordered for me. They did an amazing job, I have never seen flowers so wonderful in my entire life. My first birthday treat was a trip to the spa for an hour massage and to get my nails done. Everything there was so relaxing and peaceful, when they found out it was my birthday I got a couple glasses of champagne and chocolate. Everyone was so wonderful I didn't want to leave. We had dinner elsewhere in the city and came back to the bar for some drinks. The martini's were amazing, the champagne was fantastic, and I got a wonderful birthday dessert on the house. We sent a bottle of champagne to our room and spent the rest of the evening enjoying the wonderful room. The bed was so comfy and I love the bathroom! Most relaxing shower I have ever taken. My fiance messed up when he got me this for my birthday, because it was so wonderful it has to be a tradition now! I can't wait to visit again!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Mzelek
Thanks so much for celebrating your birthday at The Langham, and congratulations on your engagement as well. Thank you as well for sharing your wonderful photographs from your stay. All the best to you in 2014—we look forward to having you in residence again.

Menlo Park, California
Reviewed 25 February 2014

We stayed here Valentine's Day weekend and were pleasantly surprised by the quality of service and accommodations. The room experience makes staying here in the hotel a vacation on its own- it was honestly worth the trip to Chicago just to experience that. The turndown service was the most exceptional part I felt- returning to the room our first night after dinner with a bottle of bubbly to find there was already ice in the ice bucket, champagne glasses in the bar, jazz playing softly on the sound system, chocolates and water glasses on the nightstands and slippers and foot mats by the bedside really set the tone for enjoying our stay. The staff were friendly, warm and capable. Given the opportunity to stay here again, I would not hesitate to do so and would recommend the Langham to anyone seeking a relaxing and luxurious experience. Thanks to the hotel staff that make it so.

1 Thank esgeo
Thank you very much for choosing to celebrate Valentine's Day at our hotel—it was our pleasure to plan an ideal weekend. Thank you as well for taking the time to share your experience. We look forward to welcoming you again.

Galway, Ireland
Reviewed 21 February 2014

This hotel was lovely. The staff are very professional. We had one issue which was resolved very quickly. Really liked the tea bags and the fitness centre. Beds are ultra comfortable. One criticism: in 4 days the revolving door was opened once - the day we left. This gesture would be welcome when one is coming in from the snow and is tired. The age of chivalry could do with revival in the Langham!!

Room Tip: Our room on the 11th floor was perfect.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Irelandabu2013
LanghamChicago, General Manager at The Langham, Chicago, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
Thank you very much for staying with us and for sharing the details of your stay. Also, thank you very much for your suggestion with the revolving doors—we will work to make the experience more consistent. We very much look forward to your next stay.

Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 19 February 2014

I recently stayed at The Langham for a quick girlfriend get-away and enjoyed marvelous luxury and hospitality, from reception to departure. I was able to check into my room quite early and take full advantage of the spa, pool and health facilities. The location was ideal for partaking of what Chicago has to offer. Every detail in the room was perfect; of a high quality, comfortable, convenient and sparkling clean. The espresso provided was the best hotel room cup I've ever had. The staff was most personable, yet professional. We had a delicious brunch in The Travalle, where we were made quite welcome at a busy time, despite our lack of a reservation.

I visit Chicago on a regular basis and have stayed in a variety of places in The Loop over the years, some advertised as luxurious and some as more modest. Nothing compares to The Langham. I recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a top-notch Chicago experience!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank KASCleveland2
LanghamChicago, General Manager at The Langham, Chicago, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
Thank you very much for your kind words and for choosing The Langham for your getaway. Especially given your discerning taste with Chicago hotels, we deeply appreciate your notes and compliments, and we're honored to earn your loyalty. We look forward to your next visit.

Evanston, IL
Reviewed 19 February 2014

We had a special weekend deal when the hotel was new, and totally enjoyed the experience. The public areas were impressive, the room was attractive and a good size, the bathroom was very well appointed, and the staff was friendly and helpful. We did not eat in the restaurants.

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you very much for choosing to stay a weekend with us, and for kindly sharing the details from your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back, for a stay, meal, afternoon tea, or spa visit.

Jefferson City, Missouri
Reviewed 19 February 2014

From the time we got there till we left we had a wonderful stay we got there a little later than usual because our train my boyfriend called them to let them know we was going to be late they was understanding and held our room.

My boyfriend and I stayed here this past weekend and we can understand why it was a five star hotel we stayed in one of the club rooms we loved every bit of the room our room was so comfortable it didn't feel like we was in a hotel. Our bed was so comfortable. Both of us loved the shower and the tub was nice not big enough for both of us but it's alright.

And the view from the room was wonderful too. We didn't need our room serviced after the first night they called and left message saying if we need anything don't be hesitant to call but the next day we had the room service we had clothes every where and shoes shattered they straightened all that all up and gave us fresh towels and everything.

Both of us wanted to stay another night but we couldn't we had come back to reality but if we come back to Chicago again we would definitely stay there again.

1 Thank SheilaRenae
Thank you very much for staying with us, and thank you especially for choosing a Langham Club room. We appreciate your kind words and look forward to welcoming you again on a future Chicago getaway.