“unbelievable”

Ranked #2 of 188 Hotels in Chicago
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“unbelievable”
Reviewed 14 April 2014

I'm currently staying at the Langham for a week and I'm blown away at the quality and level of service at this hotel. I stay in 150 hotels a year globally and this is the best hotel I can remember ever staying in. The rooms are epic, the pool is great, and there's even a kids suite! Couldn't be happier. It's no surprise why this is the #1 rated hotel in Chicago.

Keep it up Langham...you've made a customer for life!

-B. Reid / THE NATIONAL

Room Tip: I've seen many of the room types given to the various members of my group and they're all be...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (448)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Monterrey, Mexico
Reviewed 14 April 2014

I must say that our stay at Langham was amazing. My wife and I went for an unfortunate 3 nights only stay at this amazing hotel for our first year anniversary. Since the moment we dropped off at Langham the attention was outstanding. Mr. Elliott received us with a very warm welcome, I told my wife that he made me feel like royalty. The check in process was quite fast and once again warm. The room was fantastic with a great view to the Donald tower and partially to the river. The amenities were more than perfect for our stay, all the minimal details well taken care off. The bathtub and the shower were more than relaxing, the facilities were perfectly maintained and everything around so perfectly clean. The location of this hotel makes it very easy to go through the main attractions in no time by walk, we had a rental car but it was definitely money wasted. We were going to try the breakfast on our last day but we weren't able to do it due to our trip back home. Langham Chicago, thanks for making our stay one of our best ever, I must say that we'd been in some European 5 star hotels and the Langham Chicago definitely is in the top 3. Thank you once again.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 14 April 2014

My husband and I stayed at The Langham Chicago for one weekend night and were looking forward to the stay based on Tripadvisor ratings. The main disappointment was the service, which was not the seamless experience of a true 5 star hotel. Upon arrival, the bell staff unloaded our luggage from the car but then awkwardly handed the luggage back to us; I would have expected an offer to help us with the luggage up to the 2nd floor reception or even take the luggage directly up to our room. The valet could not spell my last name correctly, even though it is only 4 letters long and I spelled it for him multiple times. The parking charge never made it onto my bill, which caused further confusion and inconvenience upon checkout. The worst service blunder was with housekeeping. We took a nap on the afternoon of check-in and the privacy light was turned on. Housekeeping attempted to enter the room, announcing her presence and knocking but not waiting for a response before opening the door. I have no idea why the room would need servicing at 3 pm on the day of check-in as it was too early for turn-down service. Positives were the front desk staff who were gracious and friendly, allowing us early check-in at 10 am.

The hotel is beautifully decorated, and rooms were spacious and well-designed. It is already showing signs of wear and was not as clean as we would have liked. There was also debris on the hallway floor which was seen at 10 am and still there at 2:30 pm. It is not the most convenient location for shopping on the Magnificent Mile, but the short walk is not too bad. We got a highly discounted rate on Hotwire so we might consider staying here again, but I would not pay full price for this hotel when the service at the other 5 star Chicago hotels is much better.

1 Thank Yvonne C
Mankato
Reviewed 14 April 2014

I had the pleasure staying here for a brief stay on a trip to Chicago. I could not have been happier. ALL staff are fantastic and can't do enough for you. The rooms are large, fresh, and are full of comforts and numerous amenities. Location can't be beat.

I would not hesitate staying here for business or pleasure. I travel quite frequently, and don't remember staying anywhere this nice for some time.

Room Tip: Corner king rooms may be slightly larger. Hotel is on first 12 floors of a high-rise building and m...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank manktripguy
Siberian District, Russia
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Apparently it is the best hotel I've stayed so far. It's just awesome. Starting from the location, room interior and design and ending up with breathtaking views and delicious breakfast. Even the standard room is extremely spacious with incredibly comfortable bed and enormously big flat screen TV. There is a full size bathtub and three types of showers. There is a glass wall between the bathroom and the bedroom, and it can be 'frosted' for privacy purposes. If you want to try a really luxurious hotel, its a perfect choice. Not my typical type of stay, but since I had a chance to spend a night here I was excited to do it.

1 Thank Begemoth
Lafayette, California
Reviewed 13 April 2014

We just spent a week at the Langham Hotel in Chicago and had a great time. It's a new, beautiful hotel in a great location, but it was really the people and the attention to detail that made our stay so enjoyable. It seemed like everyone at the hotel went out of their way to be friendly – we really felt welcomed. They looked for ways to make our stay better. For example, when the housekeeper noticed that I was drinking a certain type of Nespresso pod in the room, she left extra for me along with extra creamers. Three days into our stay when I came to the front desk with a question, Dana – the woman who had initially checked me in – remembered my name and room number.

We ate in the hotel's restaurant on several occasions. They have an amazing wine list and the food was excellent. We used the fitness room most mornings and they have good quality equipment and the room is big with good natural light.

The hotel itself was lovely and well designed. We loved the view of the river out of the floor to ceiling windows. I loved the big shower with the large rainfall showerhead. I also loved how the shower and toilet doors opened both inward and outward – which was occasionally helpful when we were both getting ready in the morning. The bed was exceptionally comfortable. I was concerned that the hotel would be noisy because it's right downtown and we stayed on a low floor, but instead it was really quiet. The only day I could hear anything outside our room was one morning when there was some construction in the street.

I was in Chicago for a conference and the convention hotel was full, so I ended up here instead. The rate was comparable to what we would have paid elsewhere, but the Langham was so much better. I'm looking forward to coming here again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Monte-Carlo, Monaco
Reviewed 12 April 2014

Got to the hotel late in the evening after a three hour delay in Copenhagen, so I was off to a bad start, but the hotel completely changed my mood. Everything from the doorman to the check-in staff was excellent and so where the rooms, location and hotel in general.

Room Tip: The hotel is great, but for breakfast I would recommend to go restaurant "Sixteen" in the...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends