“Best hotel in Chicago!!”

The Langham, Chicago
Ranked #2 of 188 Hotels in Chicago
Columbus, Ohio
“Best hotel in Chicago!!”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

I don't know where to begin... After a disappointing stay at the Trump the night before me and my money check-out of there and walked across the street to The Langham…one of the BEST DECISIONS that I have ever made in my ENTIRE LIFE. I was spoiled rotten here!! There was a debacle with my door and while security was trying to solve the problem one of the butlers brought me a glass of Prosecco and invited me to peruse around the club lounge!! (I highly recommend paying the extra $$ for club lounge access/butler service, it's either $75 or $100 per person per day). In addition, a bottle of Prosecco was sent to my room on behalf of the hotel as an apology for the "door incident." As apart of the turn down service six crispy chocolate bars wrapped in "Langham chic" were delivered to my room. How fabulous is that!! Dinner at Travelle was fantastic…I suggest ordering the lamb shank with pomegranate seeds. I love the "lady like" touches and punches of pink through out the decor of the hotel. This hotel is fancy but unpretentious…they know how to deliver excellent customer service…unlike The Trump!!

Room Tip: If you have the time…pay for club level access/butler service…it's worth every single dime.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank CMCTIER

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (447)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Reviewed 15 April 2014

We were lucky enough choose the Langham for our honeymoon. We stayed on the Club Level and were absolutely amazed at both the quality of service and the rooms. Staying in a Club Room gives you access to the Club lounge which is wonderful. You also receive the services of a butler ( Carlos, in our case who was magnificent!). The doormen would greet us by name each evening - everyone knows your name; I don't know how, but they do. There was a good balance struck with the service being immaculate but not overpowering.

We were fortunate to get a great deal on the room rate, but to be honest, I would have paid double what we did and still have been happy.

Room Tip: If you can, go for Club Rooms.
1 Thank Tina T
Philadelphia
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Awesome hotel with great service and terrific location. I would recommend booking a room at the Club Level. The staff was incredible!!! The rooms are so new, spotless and beautiful. I went to the spa and loved it. This hotel goes the extra mile!! I wouldn't stay anywhere else in Chicago when I go again.

Room Tip: Book the club level. Worth the extra money to use the club for evenings and breakfast.
1 Thank famc
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 14 April 2014

I'm currently staying at the Langham for a week and I'm blown away at the quality and level of service at this hotel. I stay in 150 hotels a year globally and this is the best hotel I can remember ever staying in. The rooms are epic, the pool is great, and there's even a kids suite! Couldn't be happier. It's no surprise why this is the #1 rated hotel in Chicago.

Keep it up Langham...you've made a customer for life!

-B. Reid / THE NATIONAL

Room Tip: I've seen many of the room types given to the various members of my group and they're all be...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Monterrey, Mexico
Reviewed 14 April 2014

I must say that our stay at Langham was amazing. My wife and I went for an unfortunate 3 nights only stay at this amazing hotel for our first year anniversary. Since the moment we dropped off at Langham the attention was outstanding. Mr. Elliott received us with a very warm welcome, I told my wife that he made me feel like royalty. The check in process was quite fast and once again warm. The room was fantastic with a great view to the Donald tower and partially to the river. The amenities were more than perfect for our stay, all the minimal details well taken care off. The bathtub and the shower were more than relaxing, the facilities were perfectly maintained and everything around so perfectly clean. The location of this hotel makes it very easy to go through the main attractions in no time by walk, we had a rental car but it was definitely money wasted. We were going to try the breakfast on our last day but we weren't able to do it due to our trip back home. Langham Chicago, thanks for making our stay one of our best ever, I must say that we'd been in some European 5 star hotels and the Langham Chicago definitely is in the top 3. Thank you once again.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 14 April 2014

My husband and I stayed at The Langham Chicago for one weekend night and were looking forward to the stay based on Tripadvisor ratings. The main disappointment was the service, which was not the seamless experience of a true 5 star hotel. Upon arrival, the bell staff unloaded our luggage from the car but then awkwardly handed the luggage back to us; I would have expected an offer to help us with the luggage up to the 2nd floor reception or even take the luggage directly up to our room. The valet could not spell my last name correctly, even though it is only 4 letters long and I spelled it for him multiple times. The parking charge never made it onto my bill, which caused further confusion and inconvenience upon checkout. The worst service blunder was with housekeeping. We took a nap on the afternoon of check-in and the privacy light was turned on. Housekeeping attempted to enter the room, announcing her presence and knocking but not waiting for a response before opening the door. I have no idea why the room would need servicing at 3 pm on the day of check-in as it was too early for turn-down service. Positives were the front desk staff who were gracious and friendly, allowing us early check-in at 10 am.

The hotel is beautifully decorated, and rooms were spacious and well-designed. It is already showing signs of wear and was not as clean as we would have liked. There was also debris on the hallway floor which was seen at 10 am and still there at 2:30 pm. It is not the most convenient location for shopping on the Magnificent Mile, but the short walk is not too bad. We got a highly discounted rate on Hotwire so we might consider staying here again, but I would not pay full price for this hotel when the service at the other 5 star Chicago hotels is much better.

1 Thank Yvonne C
Mankato
Reviewed 14 April 2014

I had the pleasure staying here for a brief stay on a trip to Chicago. I could not have been happier. ALL staff are fantastic and can't do enough for you. The rooms are large, fresh, and are full of comforts and numerous amenities. Location can't be beat.

I would not hesitate staying here for business or pleasure. I travel quite frequently, and don't remember staying anywhere this nice for some time.

Room Tip: Corner king rooms may be slightly larger. Hotel is on first 12 floors of a high-rise building and m...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo