“Outstanding Hotel in Chicago!”

The Langham, Chicago
Ranked #2 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

Simply the best hotel, we have stayed at a number of hotels in Chicago and this is hands down one of the best! The staff is unbelievable and go up and beyond! Very upscale hotel who welcomes young children!!! Highly recommend, great hotel!!!

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank MeganLakeCountry
Write a ReviewReviews (2,602)

Reviewed 6 July 2014

My husband and I treated ourselves for a little staycation and stayed at the luxurious Langham Hotel. We absolutely loved it! We stayed at the club level on the 13th floor and took full advantage of the amenities- particularly the good food! Afternoon tea, drinks, canapes, and breakfast were all delicious. Although don't expect full afternoon tea service as they have that downstairs in their restaurant.

The beds were very comfortable and room was spacious. I love the vanity area where I could sit down, blow dry my hair and put on make-up. A couple of cool features in the bathroom were the privacy wall which frosts the glass of the bathtub from the room and the speaker settings so that you can hear what's on the TV while in the bathroom. Service was stellar! Everyone was very friendly and helpful. It you want to treat yourself- splurge and stay here.

Furthermore I had a massage at the Chuan Spa and it was divine! Truly relaxing in a beautiful setting.

Room Tip: Treat yourself and stay on the club level so that you can get all the added amenities (check-in/chec...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank qtram
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

Langham is amazing.
Since we arrived in the taxi, one staff member of the hotel immediately saw we didnt have change so he gave the cab driver change. Who does that?
There is personal for everything. The rooms are nice, and the suites. Oh my god. Superb.
I recommend visiting the hole hotel, pool, etc.
Its so well located, everything is walking distance.
The most amazing thing about Langham, is the care it has for its guests. It is simply awesome. Top notch. Truly a five star hotel

Thank you Langham.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank said h
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Excellent Hotel, Staff were very friendly, Well located in the center of Chicago. The rooms are large and very clean. Well appointed lobby and the Concierge is very accommodating.
This is our number one pick the next time we visit Chicago.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank JamesofTO
Reviewed 5 July 2014

I spent two nights in this fabulous hotel which combines very comfortable rooms with outstanding service and prime locations.in addition it has great location in the very center of the downtown. I truly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Wonderful modern hotel with absolutely every amenity in the room, and then some!
We did request a higher room and stayed on the 11th floor overlooking the city.
The lights at night were beautiful from our bed looking out from the floor to ceiling
windows-magical! Beds were very comfortable, turn down service, and panels by
both bedsides that controlled all the lights, letting you turn off lamps or reading lights
or bathroom. The Nespresso machine for coffee in the morning was so nice. I have
never had a nicer mini bar with crystal glasses to use in leather drawers. Philippe,
the concierge, was VERY helpful with activities and restaurant suggestions.
The only negative I can think of is that they threw my travel folder away and
I didn't even realize it until I was packing. My airline confirmation was on my phone
so it was not a big deal, but that is the first time that has ever happened. Another
couple in our group said they had newspapers on the nightstand and they were
were thrown away also. To me, if a newspaper or anything else out on the desk for that matter, is not in the wastebasket, it is not to be thrown away. I am also not a big fan of
housekeepers rearranging your cosmetics and toiletries every time they clean
the room.
The hotel is gorgeous and a wonderful choice!

Room Tip: I had read a tip to request a higher floor and it made the view magnificent!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cooksief
Reviewed 5 July 2014

This is a wonderful property. The service is exemplary. They have perfected hospitality. The rooms were large with all the necessary amenities. Housekeeping services were good. The in house restaurant good. overall a very good stay. We will be back to the langham on our next visit.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Travellers also viewed these Chicago hotels
The Peninsula Chicago
Waldorf Astoria Chicago
#12 of 192 in Chicago
Gold Coast
Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile

Been to The Langham, Chicago? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about The Langham, Chicago

Address: 330 North Wabash Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611-3586
Region: United States > Illinois > Chicago > Near North Side
Bar / Lounge Beverage Selection Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Spa Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #2 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
Price Range: £191 - £432 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:5 star — The Langham, Chicago 5*
Conveniently located downtown in a landmark building designed by renowned architect Mies van der Rohe, luxury hotel The Langham, Chicago is just minutes away from the boutique-lined boulevards of Chicago’s retail hub and within walking distance to many of the city’s premier tourist sites. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Prestigia, LoveHolidays, Southall Travel, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your The Langham, Chicago reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.