“Practically perfect experience”

Ranked #2 of 190 Hotels in Chicago
Columbus, Ohio
“Practically perfect experience”
Reviewed 18 July 2014

My new favorite hotel! In my view, the service, comfort and amenities of this hotel are unsurpassed. The finishes are very high quality. After arriving for a last minute business trip, I was permitted early access to my room. As I had a last minute presentation to prepare, it was nice to be able to do that in the privacy of my room and be able to drop my bags and freshen up. I decided to order room service as I would not have had time to grab a bite before my presentation. It was delivered on the exact minute they said it would be there.
After a diffcult business day, the room was quiet and peaceful. The bathroom is perfect. It is a european style wet room with the bath and shower separate but in a glass enclosure. Just wonderful. The full size toiletries were very much appreciated.
The only problem I had was a hair dryer that overheated and would not start again. Not good for heading out for the day. The staff apoligized and offered use at the spa.
I will be looking for reasons to go to Chicago to stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: ask for a city view
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Elizabeth H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (460)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
New York City, New York
Reviewed 18 July 2014

This is our first stay at the Langham. We secured a river/lake view on the Club Floor. Amazing! We love it so much, we cancelled a future reservation at the Four Seasons and booked here. As other guests have said, the service is impeccable, location is fab. Words are inadequate. I just hope that they can maintain this level of excellence. It's the only hotel I will stay at in Chicago now! I plan to swim in the pool today, it is big enough to do laps in and there is no chlorine, I also have a reservation at the Spa.

Room Tip: I would definitely pop for the Club Floor!
1 Thank 06222012a
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Visually beautiful at every turn! My daughter and I loved the Langham. I looked at Trip Advisor for Chicago hotel recommendations and decided upon The Langham. I got a little nervous when no one knew the hotel and those were people familiar with Chicago. Apparently, this one year old hotel is just getting the word out and, boy, is it worth it. Reception was welcoming and efficient. The views from the second floor lobby level are terrific! The room was beautiful with a view of the river. Turn down service and housekeeping were excellent. I left my privacy light on by mistake one day when I went to the spa. I made one phone call when I returned and the room was cleaned in no time. The doormen were very helpful and gave me easy directions to walk across the street to Michigan Avenue. We enjoyed a few spa treatments and highly recommend that too. We will be happy to return to The Langham!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Jacksonville, Florida, Usa
Reviewed 16 July 2014

It's hard to add anything that hasn't already been said in all of the other glowing reviews of this beautiful hotel. The service is impeccable, the location is fabulous, and the rooms are spacious and elegant. The stand out feature in the room is by far the amazing bathroom - it's incredible! No words can do it justice; it must be experienced.

It's easy to see why this hotel has earned the top spot on Trip Advisor. I will not hesitate to stay at The Langham when my travels bring me to fabulous Chicago again. On my next trip, I hope to experience the spa, restaurants, and afternoon tea; this hotel has so much to offer!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Christine M
sao paulo
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I have just came back from my first trip to Chicago where my wife and I had a perfect staying in during 4th of July weekend. Room, facilities and services just perfect. I am looking forward to come back to Chicago and certainly will try to stay in Langham again.

Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 15 July 2014

A tall friendly doorman and efficient staff immediately put us into a welcome world of calm after the Dan Ryan expressway, and we found a soothing yet sleek atmosphere in this Mies Van Der Rohe building which has a new panache. Everything was impeccable -- our room a large and comfortable haven with a beautiful English bath to soak in and a generous shower with rain faucets that was wonderful. A magic cabinet filled with plenty of munchies, staff that is attentive -- what more could anyone want? Well, we visited the bar -- often - and enjoyed Chicago River views, excellent wines, and smart DePaul graduates who were bar tending. Oh, yes - this is a fantastic location to get almost anywhere - steps from the Mag Mile, the Loop, public transport if you like. Walk to Millennium Park for a concert under the stars. We used to live in Chicago, and will now call this our home when we visit again.

Room Tip: Chicago River side facing south is beautiful, sunny and offers a rare view. We were on the 9th floo...
London
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

We chose the Langham for a 3 night stay in Chicago & couldn't have been happier. Great riverside location, lovely clean room & the staff were very helpful & friendly . We ate out at 3 restaurants recommended by the concierge which were great - recommended!

Stayed May 2014