“Excellent Hotel”

Ranked #2 of 187 Hotels in Chicago
Durham, North Carolina
“Excellent Hotel”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I stayed there on a business trip. Lord knows, I have stayed in my share of hotels, due to the line of business I'm in, but this hotel was FANTASTIC. The staff was so nice and friendly and the "standard" room that I stayed in was above standard. The room was fabulous. The bed was so comfortable that for once, I had a good night's sleep while being away from home. I shared how wonderful the hotel was with my husband and we will definitely be coming back there for a weekend getaway. By the way, Elliott was so very nice, friendly and helpful. He helped my teammate and I figure out how to get around on foot while there. I'll say this one more time. This is a beautiful hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank sherrylynn0412

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (437)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
New York City, New York
Reviewed 21 July 2014

The Langham is only a year old. It is a superb makeover of the old IBM building on the river in the Loop. The rooms are ultra modern, but warm in decor, quiet, with superb bathrooms, and beautiful light. The spa services are first rate, ditto the pool, gym, and dressing rooms. The restaurant food is wonderful and the offerings on the Club floor are very good. The bar is beautifully decorated and relaxing to spend time in. The location is superb. But never mind the decor, what you notice most is the service and recognition from all the staff. Wait staff, spa staff, check-in, car service, concierge - they're all friendly and helpful and knowledgeable. No attitude, just make you feel special. That's really the point of a stay at a five-star hotel, isn't it? We will definitely make this our hotel in Chicago.

Room Tip: Club floor was very good. Higher floors aren't blocked by the ugly Trump hotel across the street...
Naples, Florida
Reviewed 21 July 2014

On a recent visit to Chicago we stayed at the Langham. Everything about this experience was just about perfect. It is in a great location for exploring the city, and the service from the minute you walk in the door is top-notch. Personnel friendly and engaging. Once in the room we were blown away with the modern, clean lines and the practicality of the decor and amenities. We had drinks in the Travelle Bar ,which is a chic open area adjacent to the lobby, Drinks were imaginative and the hostesses were very efficient, Had breakfast in the room ,it was brought in a timely manner . Only negative was we never received the morning paper we signed up for . Rob, who brought our breakfast each morning,even offered to go to the newstand to bring us one !!! Now THAT is customer service !! We refused that, but are traveling to the Langham again next month and will give that newspaper service another chance. The staff at the Langham does not dissappoint.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank cocogal
Meridianville
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I stayed in the Langham Chicago in July 2014. I picked Langham because of the reviews on tripadvisor. I could not have been more PLEASED. I stayed in a one bedroom suite and it was magnificent. The room was spacious with very updated pieces of furniture. The technology in the room was very trendy. The room service was impeccable. Our room was cleaned every day and our beds were turned down every night. The pool and spa were top notch along with the amazing concierge service who were very helpful. The location is perfect. The hotel was well worth the money and I will only stay at the Langham when I visit Chicago.

• Stayed July 2014
lexington
Reviewed 20 July 2014

This was our second visit to Langham, Chicago in the past year. Our 1st visit was amazing , this visit was AAAAAmazing!!!! My wife and I were simply blown away by the service. We tried everything from Chuan spa to Langham Tea service, Travelle, Elle on river , room service etc etc..
The only small issue was dealt with in such a way, that my wife teared up because of how immediate and caring the Chuan spa manger addressed the issue and comforted her, I mean my wife was so impressed by the service and care that even this small issue became worthy of our praise.

We would love to applaud all the efforts of the concierge Mr Nequin, we absolutely love this guy! From talking about our visit to Alinea's to always asking him for advice on restaurants , in 2 visits he has not failed us once in finding the most pleasurable experiences in what we seek You absolutely Rock!

Everyone at this Hotel has impeccable service and it starts from making the reservation until you leave the property.
One last Thank you for a Ms Chanielle Beach for helping with our reservations!

.....................................See you soon Langham Chicago Sincerely T&G Ragland

1 Thank rgerald
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Decided last minute to enjoy a staycation in our great city. Got a good rate last minute on this highly rated hotel. I can tell you that it absolutely lived up to every 5 star rating. This hotel is held to the same standards of all the big super luxury brands and it exceeds them. Having stayed at all of our great hotels in this city and many internationally, I can confidently say that the service, rooms, details, spa and food are at the highest level and likely exceed what is offered in Chicago. Chicago has for many years boasted the best city hotel in the world, the Peninsula. Chicago is safe but the title may be at risk with this new arrival. Do yourself a favor and book soon, you won't be disappointed.

1 Thank Frank F
Reviewed 20 July 2014

I stayed at Langham Chicago about 10 times from autumn '13 thru Spring '14 ....Even Outstanding does not do them justice ! Whether I'm there for one night or a long stay , everyone I encounter goes ,easily, extra miles to make sure my stay is comfortable. The Langham is beautiful ...even their signature Pink finishes began to grow on me !!!!! But seriously , if you're visiting Chicago for business or pleasure you'd be wise to acquaint yourself with a one of the cities new Great ! hotels....and you'll find yourself spreading the word !

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business