“Loved the atmosphere and food!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Gino's East South Loop
Ranked #269 of 9,466 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: Italian, Bar, Pizza, American, Gastropub
Good for: Local cuisine, Groups, Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Downtown / The Loop
Brooklyn, New York
“Loved the atmosphere and food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

Really nice atmosphere! I've only lived in the area for a week and have already been here twice. They always have a drink special of the day but usually a whiskey. First trip we ordered the grilled chicken sandwich with fresh mozzarella and tomato with pesto. I would def order this again. It was really delicious! Second trip here we ordered a Chicago deep dish. I'm from NYC so am more of a thin crust fan. This pizza was loaded with cheese but I think that's the norm for this type of pizza. The flavor was good but I haven't had a lot of Chicago pizza to compare too. Next time I'll try their Chicago thin crust :)

TV screens for watching sports and great music is always on. I highly recommend checking this place out. Oh and I almost forgot...the first time we went we were greeted as we entered by an owner or manager and he was extremely nice. On our way out he even thanked us for coming in! That doesn't happen in NYC! Very nice :)

Detroit, Michigan
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“New location, fresh look”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

I have to admit, I was looking forward to returning to the fun, old, divey location. But, their new spot is very nice, swanky, but prices seem to have increased with the new place which was on the high end before. Nevertheless, food was great after more than an hour wait for the pizza, service was decent as well. We ordered two salads to share with the group and a meat/cheese pie and a plain pie. Leftovers are always expected and appreciated.

Michigan
“Good service! Great pear cider!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

I cannot rate the pizza fairly as I have not eaten pizza in Chicago for a couple decades. It was how I remember, though and I enjoyed it. I was very impressed by the selection of cocktails, beers, and especially the delicious pear hard cider! Our waiter was very attentive and gave me a "taste" of the cider without question. I was hooked!! Too bad we had other plans for later in the day or I would have had a few more!!

Visited April 2014
Texas
“Must do”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2014

Everytime I'm in Chicago, I have to go to Gino's. Not the best deep dish, but good. I will usually sit at the bar and get great service (Found that true with most restaurants). Food was slow, so waiter comped my drinks without hesitation and without asking (it was a coke and a cpl of beers). Remember it takes about 45 min for the pizza to be made, so temper your expectations on fast service.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Fort Wayne, Indiana
“Good food, average service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

My boyfriend and I went for lunch on a Sunday because we had a Groupon. There were only four other tables when we arrived so I was expecting good service but unfortunately our waitress seemed rather uninterested in working that day. We shared hot wings which were very good and then a deep dish pizza with pepperoni and spicy sausage. There was so much sauce on the top of the pizza that it was difficult to taste or even see the meats.

I was glad that we didn't spend too much money here and when we go back to visit Chicago we'll be sure to try somewhere else for deep dish pizza.

• Visited February 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Sam K, Social Media Manager at Gino's East South Loop, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
Thank you for the feedback. At Gino's East we take the quality of our service very seriously, and we'd like to see what went wrong on your visit. If you email us at ginoseastsouthloop@gmail.com with a few more details a manager will reach out to you to see if there's anything else we can do. We'd like to make sure we properly address the issue. Again, thank you for the feedback. We hope you give Gino's another shot!

Best,