“Fantastic introduction to "Little India" Chicago”

Spice of Life Tours
Ranked #11 of 62 Food & Drink in Chicago
More attraction details
Owner description: Chicago's Neighborhoods Food Tour.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase
Reviewed 24 August 2014

The Spice of Life Tour is a very good exposure to the culture and diversity that is the "Little India" neighborhood in Chicago and Mr Ali is an excellent tour guide having spent a good part of his childhood years in the neighborhood (in spite of his technically Persian background). If you are curious about the Indian culture in Chicago then this is a tour that should not be missed! Highly recommended!

1  Thank DovidGamli

Reviewed 18 August 2014

The Spice of Life Tour was a special treat for my family and me. Mr Ali was very informative and funny with every detail he gave about Little India. The food was devine and my family was so excited to find a grocery store that sold Indian spices at very cheap prices. A beautiful thing about this tour is that you really immerse yourself into the culture and it helps open your mind to the beauty of Devon and the people who live there. Once the tour was over, my family was ready to sign up for the Middle Eastern tour with Mr. Ali. Overall, truly a lovely experience.

1  Thank Colleen B
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We had such an AMAZING day with Mohammad learning and embracing the Indian culture. He is truly one of a kind. I definitely recommend this experience!

Reviewed 20 July 2014

The Spice of Life Tour with Ali was wonderful! Great antidotes about the area, interesting history, and amazing food!

I've lived in Chicago for 10 years and I was pleasantly surprised by how much new historical and cultural stories I learned. Spice of Life Tours also takes you to the very best restaurants on Devon Ave (Little India), allowing you to sample cuisines from all areas of India! Come hungry!!! Ali arranged for the food to be warm and fresh at every stop!!

I am hard pressed to think of a better way to spend an afternoon in Chicago. We enjoyed trying on Sarees, we all received henna, played traditional Indian games a and even visited a sheikh temple!! How amazing is that!!

Ali was an excellent tour guide who kept us intrigued and well-fed. I highly recommend this tour. It's well worth the cost and time! You'll be suggesting it to your friends for years to come.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

Mr. Ali has a FASCINATING life story and is knowledgeable about so many cultures and religions. The food was excellent but the conversation was even better. Highly recommend to those who like Indian food and those who love to have new and different experiences and like to experience other cultures.

Been to Spice of Life Tours? Share your experiences!