“A gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Cafe Spiaggia

Cafe Spiaggia
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Spiaggia is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #365 of 9,494 Restaurants in Chicago
Price range: US$35 - US$55
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, View, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Magnificent Mile
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“A gem”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

What a wonderful experience. We were seated in a little alcove facing Michigan Ave and the Drake Hotel. Very intimate table for two. Our server Gustavo was very accommodating and answered all of our questions patiently and very thoroughly. Bread and oil was delicious. My wife ordered the wild boar gnocchi and she remarked the gnocchi melted in your mouth. I decided on the tagliatelle with crab meat and it was outstanding. A slight briny flavor and the tastes blended in nicely with the crab. All in all a wonderful experience. A must try while in Chicago.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank civicnation

Cambridge
“Delightful”
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Informal rustic atmosphere with views of the Lake - just. Beautifully executed dishes - modern Italian style - venison ' the best I have ever had', pork cutlet likewise (tender, tender from sous vide, then finished in pan with a wonderful jus). Great value.

1 Thank nickcambridge
atlanta
“Delightful romantic meal”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Our concierge got us a table for 2 that was tucked into a little alcove in a window, very quiet and private.. We were here on a Friday night. This is the more casual version of Spiaggia and after walking through the more formal restaurant, we were happy with our choice. My husband got the Berkshire pork chop and it was the best pork chop I ever tasted. The cook came out and told us the recipe after we raved about it. I had the ravioli and it was also good. We split the italian donut for dessert and it was amazing. We loved it.

Hot Springs, Arkansas
“Favorite place to eat in Chicago”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

The food, service, ambiance, and location can not be beat. If I could go higher than a 5 star I would. I always, always, eat here when I am in Chicago!

Visited June 2014
1 Thank WaterFiltersFast
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Too noisy”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

I was with a group of eight people and had dinner at Cafe Spiaggia. Our reservations were for 8:30 and when we arrived were told the table was not ready and they did not have any idea how long it would be. They escorted us to the lounge to wait. I think upon seeing that we were not going to order drinks but just sit and wait until the table was ready, they decided to go ahead and seat us. The table was not large enough at first - They tried to put us at a table for six but we just did not fit. The waiter finally added a another table and chairs. The noise level was so loud we could not hear each other talk. One person in our group got up to leave and we were all trying to decide if we should leave but due to the lateness of the evening, everyone decided to stay put. I ordered a beet salad and ravioli. The food was terrific but I will probably not return because of the crowded table and noise level.

1 Thank Connie B