“Great Service, Small Portions (Tasty), Great Drinks”
Review of Brindille

Brindille
Reserve with OpenTable
Brindille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #442 of 10,109 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Description: French fine dining & a lengthy wine list in a sophisticated, modern setting with Parisian touches. The food and style of Brindille reflects the love of France and the return to her culinary roots by Carrie Nahabedian. Think foie gras, squab and lamb saddle dishes and dine in a refined, sexy ambiance complete with fine china and French linens.
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Had a personal corporate event at Brindille. The service was great - super professional, coat check, cocktails upon entrance, and more.

However, the food portions provided were not amazing. I left somewhat hungry, and unsatisfied. Their food is very delicious, especially the duck. I believe my experience was different since it was a pre-fixe menu and not a la carte.

The best part was the dessert plate. It included some insanely delicious ferrero-rocher tasting chocolate chunk, and some dark chocolate pieces. Outstanding dessert.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

We found this restaurant by chance because we were trying to find the club Blue Chicago. Since the club was packed and we were very hungry we decided to step into this restaurant, which is next door. We were a group of academics from different parts of the world, attending a conference in Chicago. Since our arrival, it seemed that our presence was not very welcomed. They did not like the fact that we asked for separate checks and they showed it! We had to wait the longest time for service and even had to ask the manager because nodoby would take our order. The food was very pretentious, but no that good. I ordered a fish dish ($44!!) and it tasted fishy, which was surprising for a restaurant of this quality. I also ordered a lemon-tarte for dessert and did not like it much. The combination of flavors and textures was not well accomplished. I have had much better and creative desserts at restaurants that charge have the price. In general, not a very good dining experience.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

This was our first trip to Brindille. Long time Naha lovers dating back to Gordon era. We agreed that this was one of our best meals ever. Everything was a burst of flavor, what we have come to expect from Carrie Nahabedian. Expensive-yes. But for a special occasion this was well worth the cost!

Reviewed 27 May 2014

I was familiar with the excellent reputation of its sister restaurant Naha with Brindille being a relatively new place. Local print reviews have been very good and upon looking over their menu online, Brindille seemed to offer entrees that interested me. As a single diner, its sometimes challenging to find a place that will take a reservation for a single, but Brindille did with no problem. My appetizer of hand cut noodles with morels and snails was rich and a great start to the meal. Loved it. The oyster, egg, leek and caviar appetizer was an imaginative way of presenting oysters. Creamy, slightly salty with deep oysters flavors. My entree was lobster Brindille, which highlighted moist lobster with vegetables that absolutely proclaim springtime. My dessert was fantasy of chocolate where chocolate, whipped cream, nuts and other ingredients were contained within an impossibly thin tube of spun sugar - a real piece of grand construction in a city that adores architecture. Service was attentive and truly warm. One of the best food and service experiences I've had in Chicago.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

6 people for dinner on a Friday evening - we were the last to arrive and my only complaint about Brindille is that the signage is so subtle we missed it!

Let's be clear from the start - the food here is expensive, and it's up to you to decide whether you want to pay a potential $50 for an entree. Obviously we did and we found the food innovative and light, and soooo delicious. The wine list is good, and the waiter recommended a different wine which was cheaper than the one we'd been looking at. That doesn't happen often. The service is more European, i.e., slower than is general in the US, but preferred by us. We had time to appreciate and enjoy the dishes we chose. We are all sharers and forks were flying to taste every dish - not a duff one among them.

Fantastic meal - excellent service - not cheap but worth it.