“Really, Really Good Burgers!”
Review of Epic Burger

Epic Burger
Ranked #944 of 9,668 Restaurants in Chicago
Neighbourhood: Gold Coast
Neighbourhood: Gold Coast
Idaho
“Really, Really Good Burgers!”
Reviewed 1 April 2014

During a visit to our niece at Loyola-Chicago, we went to lunch at Epic just because it was nearby. Oh, my! What a delightful surprise!

Yes, it is a "burger joint" but an extraordinary one. Everything organic and sandwiches hand made right there.

I had the turkey/avocado burger on whole wheat with havarati cheese. Yum! Fries are great, too. Food is cooked to order and then delivered to your table.

Since it was cold that day, I wasn't in the mood for a milk shake or other ice cream product, so cannot comment there.

Interior nicely done; fun to have a table near the main floor windows. There is a second floor, also, but I didn't venture up there.

Tips:

This is a menu-board restaurant (I always feel pressured standing there trying to read involved signs when others are waiting). After, I realized they do have printed menus near the ice-cream area. Would've been easier on my psyche to sit and peruse one of those, had I noticed it earlier.

Also, I didn't realize that all sandwiches come in a "junior" or smaller version until I'd ordered. I loved what I got, but wish I'd taken more time to notice, sit down and read the entire menu.

Additionally, if it looks crowded when you walk in, don't forget to check out the upper level seating.

Worth a visit!

• Visited March 2014

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“It was great!”
Reviewed 31 December 2013

The burger was really good! A little greasy but still great, the meat tasted organic. I just had a nice meal there :)

• Visited December 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“Best. Turkey. Burgers. Ever.”
Reviewed 30 October 2013 via mobile

The turkey burgers are amazing. I don't know what they do but they are delicious. You get lots of options like whole or wheat bun and there are many topping choices. Delicious shakes. Fries are average. Super friendly staff. I work a few blocks away and this is a great place for lunch. I have not tried the mushroom or the regular burger (I don't eat beef) so can't comment. But I highly recommend the turkey burger!

Visited October 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“Not life-changing, but still a darn good burger!”
Reviewed 30 September 2013

My husband and I had just come into town from the Metra, and were looking for some lunch. We strolled past Epic Burger and decided to give it a go. First off, the interior is attractive and friendly, with lots of different table configurations depending on your group size. The staff here are SO friendly and helpful. They genuinely seem to like what they do, and that just made the experience that much nicer. The menu itself is pretty simple: burgers, fries, salads and shakes. My husband tried their original epic burger and I had the turkey burger, both with fries. They use high-quality items, and it shows in the product. The burgers had a nice flat-top crisp around the edges (but they still kept the turkey burger moist, which was great!), and we were especially big fans of the wheat roll (had nice oats on the top and wasn't dry). They had nice options for toppings. Their epic sauce doesn't push the sandwich in any particular flavor direction, but is tasty. The fries were crispy, skin-on spuds that weren't over-salted. The Peanut Butter milkshake was really well-crafted: it was rich without being over-the-top, and the consistency was perfect.
Is it the absolute best burger I've ever had? No. But it was a good lunch at a fair price for downtown, the service was fast and friendly, and I'd stop by again if I was ever in the neighborhood.

• Visited September 2013
Melbourne, Australia
“Reasonable...”
Reviewed 23 September 2013

The staff were brilliant - very friendly. However, the burger was a little bland - I would rate it equivalent to a Burger King in the UK - I was expecting something more err "gourmet", but at least it was ethical, and it beats a MacDonald's any day!

Visited September 2013