“Poor mideast food”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Neighbourhood: Downtown / The Loop
Neighbourhood: Downtown / The Loop
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I come from the Middle East (same country as the founders of this restaurant) and that makes me a savvy in this kitchen. And so I can firmly say that this is a poor version.
I have been at two branches of these chain, and I am regretfully writing it on the Michigan branch.
The Pita bread is excellent as in every branch of these chain and if you want you can buy some home.
The kebab was OK, not good, not juicy and not correctly spiced.
The Fries were awful, dry and tasteless. The humus was SOUR, I don't know if it was old or too much of salt lemon or lemon.
The flafel was also dry and bland.
I was really disappointed.
I would not go there again, and I will recommend for everyone who crave for this kind of food to drive to their Touhy branch, which is excellent.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Tried the Veggie Feast. Enjoyable, interesting cuisine. Fresh ingredients, nice range of textures and tastes. Could have been a little spicier. Recommend trying - you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

When the line is out the door, you know it's good. Be aware the portions are pretty big so you may want to share. If you're going light, go for the lentil soup (tremendous) and a side of baba ghonoush. Tasty and worth it. Check it out especially if you're staying near the Hyatt Regency.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

We were looking for a light lunch on Michigan Ave when we stumbled across the Naf Naf Grill. I had the steak and hummus and DW had the falafel and hummus. Since we live near Detroit, we get the opportunity to eat middle eastern on a regular basis so we have something to compare it to. We found it to be well above average from what we've tried. The falafel were moist and flavorful. The shwarma was cut a little small for my liking, but it was still quite tasty. The hummus was "da bomb." The meals were served with hot fresh pita bread, baked right on site. I would definitely recommend this place. The prices were a little higher than what I would expect, buy, hey - it was on the Mag Mile. Nothing's cheap there.

1  Thank Eric18_13
Reviewed 22 April 2014

I went here for dinner and was behind one of their employees in line on his dinner break. I got what he had and LOVED EVERY BITE! Jose the manager on duty came over while I was eating and asked if I was enjoying my meal! Great food and outstanding service! I was so impressed that I even wrote to their corporate office to let them know!

1  Thank Sid k