“Gotta Get The Stuffed Pizza”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Art of Pizza

The Art of Pizza
Ranked #555 of 9,493 Restaurants in Chicago
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Seating, Takeout, Television, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Lakeview
“Gotta Get The Stuffed Pizza”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2013

Can't speak for the other types of pizza, but I can say with complete confidence that the stuffed pizza is delectable. It is easy to tell that the ingredients are of high quality. Also it is priced well. The man who took our order was helpful and friendly. Check it out!

• Visited August 2013

Peoria, Illinois
“Great Stuffed Pizza”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2013

While I have not found it hard to find a good stuffed pizza in Chicago, the Art of Pizza slides in the back part of my top 5 places to get it in Chicago. It is slightly below the level of Giordano's or Gino's East in my mind, but still very good. I have both had it delivered and gone into the restaurant. The delivery seems to take longer than it should, but to be honest, I feel that about most pizza places in Chicago, and so I don't feel it is longer than others. My favorite part of eating at the restaurant is that there I can order by the slice. Being that the pizzas are so filling I love to get a slice or two without having leftover pizza or worrying about gorging. The slices are large and of a number of varieties. Beware when buying by the slice that while they have different varieties they are not special ordered to my knowledge. You choose from what they have available or wait for new options to come out. The slices are reasonably priced and very filling. Again I think the Art of Pizza is a quality place to get a stuffed pizza in Chicago.

• Visited January 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“Complete ineptitude”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2013

There is something seriously wrong with a restaurant that cannot hire someone remotely competent to answer the phones.
Seriously, this has been a problem for "The Art of Pizza" for at least a decade...they conistently have the most unprofessional staff of any pizza place I have ever called.
Responses range from indifference to rudeness to confusion to tonight's installment: "we don't even deliver there" (I live less than eight blocks from the restaurant).
The person who answered was laughing and clearly more interested in his converstation than actually fielding an order.
That's it...I am finished.
It's a shame because they actually make a damn good stuffed pizza.
That being said, lots of other places do as well...and they actually care enough to hire people who respect the fact that you are trying to give them your money.

• Visited June 2013
Oxford, Michigan
“The best Stuffed Pizza!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2013

Ordered a Chicago style stuffed pizza with sausage, black olives, mushrooms, green peppers and onions and man was it good! The sauce and the cheese they use are incredible and the dough is like a grands biscuit! It was my first time here, but my nephew loves this place and I can see why. It does take a while to prepare because it is so thick, but it's worth the wait. While we waited, I ordered an order of breaded zucchini and that too was very good. They also have free parking which was nice.

• Visited April 2013
Chicago
“My Favorite Pizza”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2013

The Art of Pizza is hands down my favorite Chicago style pizza. The cheese, sauce and in general the toppings are superb. My favorite is spinach and mushroom with some red pepper on top. That said some of the comments regarding the pizza being 'doughy' has some credence in that it is not the typical cornmeal crust one may be accustomed to with other famous pizza places. The only major downside, I feel, with the crust is that when eaten cold; it is not up to par.

Moreover if you are looking for history or a good story about the origins of the company and such, it doesn't compare to something like a Lou Malnatis and Uno/Due. The reason those places will always get additional press is the history and the overall good quality of the pizza, but Art of Pizza is a cut above the rest.

I've been to New York and Italy and I'll not say I'm an expert of either city's food, but the best pizza I've had was in Chicago at Art of Pizza.

• Visited December 2012