“NOT WHAT I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE”
Review of The Art of Pizza

The Art of Pizza
Ranked #561 of 9,521 Restaurants in Chicago
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Seating, Takeout, Television, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Lakeview
“NOT WHAT I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE”
Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

Went here with grandkids and it wasnt what I was told it would be. The thin crust was too thick and sauce too bland for my taste. The grandkids like it ,but I like a thinner crust and more seasoned sauce. I guess Im spoiled because I grew up with very good pizza in my neighborhood. I will go back and try again ,maybe it was off day.

• Visited February 2014

Dayton, Ohio
“Pizza by the slice”
Reviewed 19 February 2014

Don't go here expecting a sit-down Giordano's type of experience...but it's good pizza that's cheap and fast.

Visited February 2014
Chicago, Illinois
“Stuffed is the way to go”
Reviewed 5 February 2014

Have been here a few times and tried the thin crust, deep dish and the stuffed. Stuffed wins in my book hands down. For times when you cant handle stuffed, the thin crust is very good too. The salads are very fresh. I have had polite, kind service. No problems. The interior for eating in has no ambiance, just a "hole in the wall" kind of atmosphere with a couple of tvs, one of which was set to Spanish speaking station. Bathroom kind of smelled like sewer. Take out is also the way to go.

• Visited January 2014
Kuwait City
“Best value for money pizza in Chicago...”
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Yes you will find better Pizza in Chicago, but not at $4 for a generously sized slice.

For me, Art of Pizza gives by far the best Value for Money I have found for Pizza in Chicago...

If I'm ordering the whole Pizza, Philly's Best shades it on quality, but for $4/slice, fresh, tasty and with an exceptional crust, I would recommend this every time.

There is a fair selection of Pizzas - usually 6-8, with a selection of deep dish and thin crust.

There are also excellent daily specials, very good Ribs and a good selection of desserts.

The only negative if eating in, there is no beer etc available.

• Visited October 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“Solid Joint”
Reviewed 16 October 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Art of Pizza is a solid place to grab some Pizza. The deep dish is pretty great and you really cant go wrong with some of the pan pizza or thin slices. There's always plenty of selection whenever I want to grab a slice.

Visited August 2013