“A must rat for vegetarians”
Review of Chicago Diner

Chicago Diner
Ranked #85 of 9,544 Restaurants in Chicago
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: Diner
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Chicago, Illinois
“A must rat for vegetarians”
Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

I love coming here! I always start with a chocolate shake and usually try one of their specials. Brunch is super yummy, I highly recommend it. Even my non - vegetarian friends like coming here.

3 Thank Alicia L

chicago
“Not something out of the world...”
Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

I visit the place,its seems to be great in service but NOT!!! Didnt find a smile,or a suggestion... and when i ask for my bill i find that they charge me a lot of things i didnt order.. Helloooo!!!! It was only meee!!! Anyways,i would come back again and hope that everything runs better...

• Visited June 2014
Chicago, Illinois
“Fabulous Food”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

If you need vegetarian and/or tasty food, this is your place. The food is awesome - make a reservation because everybody else also knows this. If you walk in during the dinner rush it will probably take 20 minutes of waiting to get a table, but rest assured that the food will be worth every minute of the wait. The shakes are very tasty but will fill you up most of the way, so either split one or see if you can get it to go. Their gift certificates make great gifts, too.

Visited June 2014
Melbourne, Australia
“one of the tastiest anywhere”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

It is vegetarian and amazing in the taste sensations. portions just the right size and the price is most reasonable. we walk past it twice as it is so " just there" luckily there was a table or else there was a 20-30 minute wait as its popularity is massive. people come from out of town just for a meal. The servers are great and knowledgable and for once in US of A I felt like tipping was deserved. we also had an ale which was wheat based cooked with guava juice bit like orange juice with a beery flavour , fantastic. we are in Chicago another 4 nights and I will be there every night. Carnivores don't be put off, give it a try.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank ColingUnther
Vadodara, Gujarat, India
“The best diner in the world!”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Well Chicago Diner is very unusual...in a city that has history of meat industry its a vegetarain dinner , it has won many accolades over the last three decades (yes its as old as me!).

So its not just a eatery its the place that has started quite a revolution.

On N Halstead street the location is quite humble, you would probably pass by without even noticing it....but everything changes once you enter!

I was there at 6:30 PM on a working day and it was jampacked! Given that I was alone though I was seated immediately at the Bar, they very prompt enough to take my travel bag.The place full with people of all ages and backgrounds...it just shows how popular it is, you also get an instant feeling that everyone is having great time here!

My server Garrett was quite friendly , I ordered a Straight up Veggie (SUV ) Rishi Iced tea.
The portions were perfect and the service quick. For dessert I had Carrot cake which was bloody awesome! (see the picture!).

Overall this is the place for great times...regardless whether you are vegetarian or carnivorous!!!

• Visited May 2014