“Blasting "Music" a Turn-off”
Review of Chicago Diner

Chicago Diner
Ranked #82 of 9,714 Restaurants in Chicago
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: Diner
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Went to some lengths to have supper at the Chicago Diner based on the many good reviews here. Tired and hungry from a long day of travel, we were disappointed to find loud rock music as if it were a biker bar. The dining room was jammed and voices roared to compete. The hostess said someone would turn it down, so we studied the menu in deafening chaos. After several more minutes, we decided the place didn't deserve our business. We had a first rate left vegetarian meal around the corner at Wood, which I highly recommend.

There are newer reviews for Chicago Diner

Reviewed 18 August 2014

Great food! Most people screw up vegetarian food, but not this place! Had the tostadas with the chorizo, and it was to die for, and my husband had the Reuben, and he loved it! The only con was it was a little pricy, but overall fantastic place to eat!!!

Reviewed 14 August 2014

It's SO hard to find good Vegan food at a restaurant let alone an entire restaurant devoted to vegetarians! My dad has been a vegetarian for over 30 years and I was so excited to bring him here! It did not disappoint! He first couldn't believe that the shake had no dairy. The best he's ever had, he said! YAY! My daughter had the minestrone soup and I had the Portabella Truffle Melt which was very good and the guac! My only complaint was the chips weren't as fresh as I would of liked. Overall very impressed! Love the "Meat Free since 83"!

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Anytime we're in Chicago we have to stop by Chicago Diner. With their huge selection of vegan food and old meat filled favorites it's worth checking out. The wait can be a bit long depending on the time but you won't be disappointed in your meal. Make sure to save room for a milkshake too!

Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

We walked over to the Chicago Diner "meat free since 1983" for a late lunch/early dinner after visiting the Wrigley Field ballpark.

We shared a large cookie dough shake (delicious), I had a black bean burger (yummy) with mac & cheese as a side (meh), and my husband had a fried "steak" (good though hard to cut). Service was cheerful and friendly as well.